Author Thread
skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Indications of marraige
Posted : 20 Oct, 2010 11:28 AM

What are some things you've seen done to indicate that two people are married, paired off, joined, exclusive? Aside from wedding rings on the left ring finger?

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Wedding rings.
Posted : 20 Oct, 2010 11:26 AM

Hey Siylii, I'm sorry for the confusion of the original post. As a Christian and a gentleman, wedding rings mean something to me. They mean "married." And the Bible dictates my code of conduct towards married women. That being said, I'm glad Pixy said something, because I've got a couple female friends who "become" married real quick if a bad guy won't leave them alone. I've even become the "insta-hubby" in some of those situations. I have no problem with wedding rings, every culture displays things their own way.

That being said, the reason I even wonder about this woman is that she's been the one putting the moves on me, and she seems a quality person in every other aspect of the word. I personally would have a hard time wearing wedding rings on my left finger, but that's been dislocated so many times that the joint closest to my knuckle is unusually large. By the time I got a ring over the joint, it'd be so big that I could hula-hoop my ring on my finger. I don't have any type of objection to them. I know this may sound a bit cold, but, being an American in America, I'm used to looking at that finger to see if someone's married or not. Granted, I'm pretty ignorant on other culture's traditions of indicating marriage, and that's a really lame excuse, but I think that'd be an awesome forum post!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
I would like to know if I am the only guy who thinks like this :
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 12:15 PM

I love independent women. Personally, I feel "complete" in my life. I'm working on my relationship with God, and I'm happy in my own company. I'm getting a lot of things done in my life for myself that I might not be doing if I had a lady. I'd like the same thing of my woman: happy in her own company, and focused on God. If her and I are both meeting our life and Godly goals on our own, imagine what we'd be capable of together. I like that it's a choice that is made when both people decide that they WANT to join up as a couple. I personally think of the oxen and the yoke. Two oxen can pull more together than they can individually.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
experiences ? born again + catholic ? relationships
Posted : 19 Oct, 2010 11:51 AM

Vienna-she attended one "regular Sunday morning service." She also attended one Christmas eve meeting. We went later that same night to the Mass at her Church. She didn't really say anything about my service. (And I mean anything) As soon as we said goodbye to my parents, she was giving me directions to her church.

Most of our religious discussions focused around the Crucifixion itself, and The Great Commission.

I know you've asked for more success stories, and this is not one, sorry.

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Breast cancer awareness and youth
Posted : 16 Oct, 2010 12:21 PM

So....It's cancer awareness month, I say end cancer, all of it, not just breast cancer. That being said....I was driving with my sister and nephew. We were stopped so a line of walkers from the Susan Coleman foundation could walk through. My sister and I thought this was a great opportunity to show my nephew how people still band together when something is "wrong" in the world. We were how much he was touched as he asked. "All these women are walking for the same thing?" We said yep, isn't that cool? All was good, until the four year old in the car seat suddenly yells loudly "YAY! SAVE THE H**TERS AND THE TATAS! YAY!

As my sister and I both blushed deeply, we both reached for the controls for the windows, which we both realized were down a few seconds too late. I'm not accusing anyone here of anything wrong, just please, if you're gonna wear those shirts, stay away from my nephew! :boxing: Thank y'all so much!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Whose more shallow??
Posted : 16 Oct, 2010 12:02 PM

I'd say both are shallow? I mean, if I'm out somewhere and I see a girl I've never seen before and I go up to talk to her, it's based purely off of looks. There's no two ways about it. That being said, that doesn't mean it's lustful, or that I'm being shallow, but if I only see the girl, then I have to say it's based off looks, cause what else do I know about her? If I were blind, I'd have to rely on other cues. And then people could judge you for only talking to someone because of how they sound, if I was blind and deaf, I could only judge someone by how they feel, and boy oh boy does that sound wrong! But I hope you catch my drift...?

As far as women seeking personalities in men, there are places that most types of guys will tend to avoid. You tend not to find jocks in bookstores, you don't see "nerds" at car shows etc. etc, so it's really easy for girls to narrow down the kind of guy they'll meet by where they meet him. (And yes, there are always exceptions)

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
groweth harmones
Posted : 16 Oct, 2010 11:51 AM

Hey cowgirl, to each their own! I'm glad you've chosen to learn this much about it!:glow:

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Wedding rings.
Posted : 16 Oct, 2010 11:50 AM

Well, she's the one coming to my job, and I DON'T wear a ring cause I'm not married....I do know that she has a four year old child that she loves dearly. The rings are silver, I think, one plain band and one diamond ring worn on the left ring finger. The diamond ring is on the inside of the two, with the plain band being closer to her fingertip, and the diamond closer to the hand. I've no mutual friends with this woman, and I know she doesn't go to church. When I asked her if she went to church, she answered "no, does that make you think less of me?" So I assume if she's honest about the child and church, she'd be honest about the husband or lack thereof. I guess I need to ask her then...thanks for all the input!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Wedding rings.
Posted : 15 Oct, 2010 02:30 PM

As both a Christian and a gentleman, a wedding ring means something to me. So my question to you ladies is this: Should I ever believe a woman who says she's not married but wears a ring? Should I just assume she's trouble if she's the one with the ring and putting the moves on me? Or do you think that it could be a case where hubby died? Or maybe she's trying to keep everyone distant from herself? Need some feminine input here....

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
groweth harmones
Posted : 15 Oct, 2010 01:58 PM

Man I'm with you, all the hormones in food are pushing people's bodies faster, harder, and earlier. I'm all about choices in food. I Cooked professionally for ten years, and now work at Trader Joe's. For those who know what Trader Joe's is, they'll understand that we focus on "organic" food, and most of the staff is very knowledgeable on these types of products, and the preparation and other things that go into/don't go into them.

I'm about to talk out of both sides of my mouth, so feel free to jump on me y'all, but I speak the truth.:glow:

I believe that agriculture is a business. I believe that the point of business is to bring in money. I don't know anyone that consistently loses money, and still has a business. While I don't trust all the chemicals that are put on food, a lot are proven to keep us safe. Also, animals are fed hormones so that they grow bigger. Less animals+more product going out =lots of money.

Also, a lot of these chemicals make food last longer. I believe in organic food. I don't eat my own organic food, because the neighborhood cats have taken over my garden. While they keep the squirrels away, I don't feel like eating tomatoes that are fertilized in cat droppings. I understand that that's what fertilizer is, but EEW! God's dirt is just fine for me! I'd suggest that folks seek out meat (and vegetables) Grown without hormones. That being said, I refuse to buy or eat anything that's never been fed an anti-biotic. It's like saying: I've never been to the doctor, so I must be healthy.

The worst part about all this is that the "premature puberty" can't be reversed. Also, you are your own best advocate! Check out third-party certifications for organic/free range/ no antibiotic, etc etc. The U.S.D.A. and the F.D.A. have different standards for all these things, so it's something each person needs to learn for themselves. *Now stepping off my soapbox, thank you*, and best of luck man!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10