Author Thread
skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
feelings
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 10:56 AM

anyann, In my opinion, women "live with" their emotions quite well. They use them to make decisions and choices. Men, on the other hand, well, we're used to a much lower level of emotion in our daily life. When a woman feels an emotion, it's completely normal for her. Men, on the other hand see emotions as something to get over, deal with, and get on with the thing they were doing. Most men don't like to talk about their feelings, that's true, as in our minds they aren't "real" or a plausible solution to anything. I'll give you an example from my own life: I'm moving, and may have to give up my cat. I adopted the cat in January, and through circumstances beyond my control, I may have to give him back to the spca if I can't find a home for him. My feelings in this situation are: Anger first and foremost, at the guy who put me in the situation of giving up the cat. The next is sadness. Sadness because I failed at the act of taking care of one of God's creatures. The third is pain. I just want to curl up and hold my cat to the last minute I possibly can.

While there's nothing wrong with feeling the way I do, none of these emotions are helping the situation. I'm not gonna hurt the guy who put me in this situation, so that's a dead end street. I'm gonna have to face God one day, and explain to him why I have to dump this cat, so feeling bad about it isn't doing me any good either. As for the pain? Well, I don't have any choice in the matter, so I'm gonna have to deal with that too. It came with the territory when I adopted the cat. The only thing that's helping the situation is me trying to find a home for the cat before the spca. That could certainly be argued as love, but the way guys think, it's simply the right/only thing to do. Hope this helps!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
What are you passionate about?
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 10:41 AM

cooking in restraunts

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
to all the men...
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 10:40 AM

personally, my attraction to someone gets stronger or diminishes as I get to know them better. So even if the attraction is not there in the beginning, it can "come up" later. And the opposite is true. I can be physically attracted to someone I don't even know, but sometimes once they start talking, well, the attraction goes away

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Wishful Thinking
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 10:48 AM

I'm with him

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
When men feel unworthy
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 10:42 AM

Gotta go with remp and thunder here, yes, we want things fixed. Thunder's illustration about the "cave" was great! We know these things affect you as women, but you see, we're powerless to deal with something like that. In fact, just as thunder said, sometimes it can make it worse.

From a man's viewpoint: 1.You fail at what you are supposed to be doing. 2.Your answer to this is to attempt to fix the problem. We do this by devoting all our energy (yes all) at the problem. We don't have any left for ourselves or our anyone else. 3.If the unemployment continues, depression sets in, and then, when it can't get any worse (in our minds) The woman starts telling you you're not "holding up your end of the relationship." So you get more depressed, and withdraw further, and get depressed that you're failing and withdrawn, and repeat cycle, repeat cycle.

There's not really much I think a woman can do unfortunately, I think it's just one of those things where men and women handle a situation differently. We as men aren't trying to be hurtful, but you gotta understand, if I'm not happy with me, I can't expect anyone else to be, either. Hope this helped:glow:

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
disabilities
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 11:41 PM

Faithhopelove, awesome handle!!!! And you are absolutely right!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
judgement!
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 11:52 AM

Hey girl!!! How much control you have is how much control YOU have. I grew up in a mission where no-one was allowed to have an outside job. Hence, no income, or guarantee of where your next meal was coming from. They got by on donations, both public and private, and from support from friends and family (and sometimes strangers)who believed in what they are doing. I did not join that mission, and found myself "out in the real world, where no-one can stop me from doing/having what I want, when I want it."

Granted, this type of "surrender" is not for most folks, it damaged my walk with God severely. But, again, it all comes down to the amount of control YOU want over your life. God does provide for the sparrows who neither reap nor sow!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
heart of a woman
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 11:45 AM

I think the heart of a woman is an ever-changing thing, and congrats to the man that can satisfy it! For a time-being or a lifetime

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
nice - revisited, again...
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 11:43 AM

Nice goes a long way, and is good to a point. Unfortunately, "Nice" girls often end up getting used as doormats, which is never good. I say: the nicer the better, but I guess that comes down to how she handles it when someone tries to take advantage of her niceness. I look for a woman with a tough side. My Aunt is the nicest, sweetest woman I know. She is ALSO the best shot with a firearm that I've ever seen. I think the two go hand in hand, as she would never dish out verbal abuse, she'd prefer to let her "skills" do the talking if things get out of hand. She called her shotgun the "smilin' stick" And to this day, she's got "smile" lines in her face, just like some folks have worry lines

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
What attracts you the most?
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 11:34 AM

Personally, my attraction to someone grows or diminishes the better I get to know them. Confidence is huge! Because I am the type who can't see what's right in front of my face. So when a woman drops a subtle hint, it floats subtly by.....now a hint applied with a sledgehammer....Ie, Let's go out some night, you and me. That's perfect! Be clear, truthful, open, and honest. (or confident, as any of the words I just mentioned come from that one trait alone)

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13