Author Thread
skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
experiences ? born again + catholic ? relationships
Posted : 15 Oct, 2010 01:28 PM

I dated a catholic girl for about three years. I am a Born-Again Christian. I'm not trying to speak for all Catholics, Christians or anything like that, but only for myself and my experience. That being said: I found Catholicism was much more about the "pomp and circumstance" of the religion. You've got to be very careful to dot your I's and cross your T's. As an ex cross-country runner, it was hard for me to attend the services, because every time we knelt, my knees and ankles and sometimes both would crack like shotgun blasts in an otherwise silent church. I also had a huge problem attempting to confess to a priest. He told me my sins had been forgiven like he was the one doing it. I KNOW my sins are forgiven! And they seem like they want you to talk with the priest instead of God.

I feel Catholics are much more respected overall than Christians, and that may be simply that Catholics have their Habits, it certainly makes them stand out in a crowd. I don't think I could ever become Catholic. Even though their churches are beautiful, I don't need all that stained glass, and all those saints, and all that incense. I pray to one God. While I may have to answer to both the Holy Spirit and Jesus Himself one day for not praying to them, I think it's worse to start praying to "normal" people, even if they've achieved sainthood. If I have a problem with a child, I'll bring it before God, not St. Christopher. Hope this helps!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
your car
Posted : 2 Sep, 2010 04:17 PM

I work at Trader Joes (a supermarket.) During the course of a day, many times, we will carry someone's groceries out to their car because they're unable. Whether it's a 300+lb. linebacker with a tore up shoulder, or a little old lady, we'll help you out to the car. I've noticed that when women point out their car, they identify it by color first. Which is fine, however, I'm colorblind. So saying it's the gray one in a lot with three hundred cars doesn't work for me. So I ask them what kind of car they have. At which point, they say "I don't know." The guys 9/10 times know the make and model. So I ask you ladies, how do you identify your car? How would you tell yours from an identical one? What if it got stolen, what would you tell the police to look for? And overall, why not learn the make and model of a car? Not all cars, just your own?

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Any insight?
Posted : 30 Aug, 2010 05:58 AM

When I go to pull up someone's profile, the age and location don't show till after I'm already in the profile, so I guess it counts as a view. It's hard to tell those things just from a picture

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
food & fur
Posted : 30 Aug, 2010 05:56 AM

Hey nurse, I'm glad you realized that I didn't mean offense, I'm with you. There are some foods I won't eat because of texture, or (gasp) taste. If something doesn't agree, it doesn't agree. If you get sick, or even feel sick after eating something, I'd stop too. I was aiming more at the people who choose not to eat things just for the sake of being picky, the general fear of trying new things. And pixy, I know most folks find guy shallow and unattached, but you seem to have hit onto something with this pet thing! People seem to be defending them:glow:

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
babies
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 12:22 PM

The only questions I can answer with any amount of certainty is: I'd love to adopt, and I'd never leave a woman if she was sterile. It's just how she was made.

@marianna, I just jumped into this thread, but do you really see a vasectomy as a crime against one's body? I'm not trying to be belligerent, but I gotta side with tulip. I've had "perfect" teeth pulled to prevent my mouth from going bad, and now I have four wisdom teeth rotting in my head that will require major invasive surgery. (they've become covered over by my gumline.) So what do you think I should do here? I prayed before I got the first set of teeth pulled, and that's what led to my current problem. I'm all about God providing for me, but on the same token, if I just let these teeth go, I'm going to die of sepsis. Was it self-mutilation to let the dentist pull my healthy teeth in hopes of avoiding the exact problem I'm having now? If not, am I going against God by visiting the dentist again? I believe he put me in the job I'm at, where I have health insurance. Also, do you consider a vasectomy a "barrier" method?

Thanks so much for your input!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Willing to Relocate
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 11:55 AM

I love moving, I was going to move in with my Aunt after my Uncle died, but that never came about, so I'd see it as no different than trying to be closer to someone I loved

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
food & fur
Posted : 28 Aug, 2010 11:50 AM

If a girl is born with food allergies, I'd never treat her badly or think less of her for it. If she's a picky eater, to me it means she's very "privileged" In her own mind. Means she won't be grateful for what she has, always looking for "more." Same thing with pets, if she's allergic, she's born that way, and there's nothing you can do about it. If she just doesn't like pets, well then it'd depend which one I had first. Cause if I had the pet first, that means I made a deal with the S.P.C.A. that I'd keep the animal, and I'd have made the same promise to God, that I'd care for His creation the best way I knew how. I know this sounds kind of a "tangent" thing to say, but I consider it "racist" to not date someone because of the way they're born (whether it be the color of their skin or the foods they're allergic to, God made them that way.) HOWEVER, if the girl is just picky, and doesn't like animals, I really don't see her as a viable mate because of the way SHE made HERSELF. Hope that makes sense!

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
hands
Posted : 26 Aug, 2010 02:28 PM

Do you judge a man by his hands at all? What do you think of the pretty, manicured, pedicured, soft as a baby's bottom hands? What do you think of the hands of the "laborer"? When I say that, think: Construction workers, mechanics, the guys who have missing digits, or the tell-tale burn marks of a line cook?

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
more beautiful than originally created?
Posted : 26 Aug, 2010 02:22 PM

There's a HUGE difference between a girl who takes care of herself, and one who's stuck on herself. If that's where she gets her confidence, it looks pretty, but you don't really want to touch it. She could be an actress, or a "public figure" that requires a certain amount of grooming. I will say this, if I touch her, and come away a different color, it's a big turnoff. You gently run your fingers thru her hair, and your hand comes out black? Not cool! Hug her with a black or white shirt on and there's make-up or foundation all over it is also not fun. On the same token, I do think that MOST women get a certain amount of confidence from taking care of themselves. Men on the other hand, well, you gotta be happy they're wearing clean clothes:(

skinnywhiteboy

View Profile
Charitable Organizations
Posted : 26 Aug, 2010 02:14 PM

Rainbows of hope-works with kids that are part of sex tours. The focus is on the east asian area, cambodia, and others. W.E.C. International is a group that gathers missionaries with skills (doctors, pilots) and teaches them the language, and prepares them for the culture shock that they'll come upon when entering a "different world." I don't know if you're stuck on Christian charities, but maybe your local U.S.O.? So many of these kids are coming back missing arms, legs, both, and sometimes more. Granted, it happens in the "line of service" but I don't see politricks (yes, I spelled that right) when I look at a person. Wycliffe Bible translators wants to translate the gospel to every tribe nation and tongue. C.L.C. Christian literature crusade distributes Christian literature. Operation Christmas child sends shoeboxes full of gifts and supplies to needy kids who wouldn't otherwise get a Christmas. If you need more, just let me know!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10