Author Thread
Alligator

View Profile
looking for an oldfashoned Christian
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 06:26 PM

Following the commands and examples of the Bible is not an easy thing to do. 1 John 2:15-17 says dont love the things of the world - but wow ! that eliminates so much. the Amish would fit into the category of how to dress properly and work hard. But they don't even use electricity or computers. And are you ready to give up your car or other transportation? I agree it might be hard to find that old-fashioned girl on a dating site...but I have no suggestions to give you except to spend some time in thought. Take pen to paper and make a list of what you want your wife to be like and beside it a list of what the world offers in reality. Then see if you are willing to make any type of change on either list. good luck.

Alligator

View Profile
7 FALSE TEACHERS IN THE CHURCH TODAY
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 06:12 PM

I also agree with your article. when I read " While difficult challenges have arisen from outside the church, the most dangerous have always been from within. " it reminded me that my father was always telling us the same thing about governments. And its just as true as the church failing... right now we are seeing our country destroyed from within.

Alligator

View Profile
Are men and women equal in God's eyes?
Posted : 23 Mar, 2023 08:07 PM

Whether you are Christian or some other religion, you need to read the previous writing. It makes so much sense and truth puts everyone's arguments dissolve. What IS strength? arm wrestling ? or digging in your heels and solving arguments or worries that you have as a spouse or family? READ IT. There is no need for me to explain it...the original poster made everything VERY easy to understand. Everything is clear, concise, and truthful. if you actually disagree, send me a message

Alligator

View Profile
When people say they need money
Posted : 23 Mar, 2023 07:54 PM

Please don't get hooked into the guilt trip. There are all kinds of menial labor jobs from gardening to sweeping floors. Of course one hopes for better, but my father taught me there is always a LEGAL way to make enough money for a night's rest and a sandwich. There are several organizations in the Phillipines that help women with all sorts of difficulties, included keeping them safe if abused. Tell her to look up the women's help organizations and please, do not feel guilty - many men and women COUNT on that from the rest of us.

Alligator

View Profile
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 21 Mar, 2023 01:11 PM

Wonder - in addition to this statement "I am a volunteer web pastor " you also state you are self-employed. many are today and working in accordance with God's plan. But I think your self-employment consists of getting paid to preach lies. You do NOT have the correct answers to many of our problems, and most preachers on the web get paid by unsuspecting people. WHAT IS THE NAME OF YOUR WEBSITE. ?

Alligator

View Profile
If he is interested he will....
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 05:36 PM

You are right. Personally, i was watching a movie 4 or 5 times a week with a neighbor. a friend, so i thought. Then the same night as the super bowl, i got sick with covid. 4 days later, the friend came down with it. surprisingly to me, the phone calls stopped. He would not answer my calls and went from calling me 2 or 3 times a day to nothing. At first I called once a day to see if he was getting better. no response. It took awhile to soak into my dense brain that he is simply no longer interested. He believes he caught covid from me. This is a good excuse to end our movie time. this was not a boyfriend, just a friend, but there is a time when one must move on from that also. Thank you for your good post !

Alligator

View Profile
Married to unbelievers
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 05:12 PM

WonderZ - i think a statement from your profile speaks volumes about your knowledge. "I am a volunteer web pastor " - to me that's equal to the late 1800's snake oil salesman.

Alligator

View Profile
The secret to finding love that no one seems to follow
Posted : 20 Mar, 2023 05:03 PM

Romantic Guy, rather long statement but i think you are correct. Thanks for posting. But Moonlight, You said it all in just a few words! I can remember exactly what you said and yes, that's the #1 reason relationships fail. Thank you.

Alligator

View Profile
Steve Harvey says there's not just one way to Heaven
Posted : 19 Mar, 2023 07:21 PM

Steve Harvey quote: "There's more than 800 cable stations right now and they are all entertaining. So I'm pretty sure that to get to Heaven there's gotta be more than one route."

copied from his Youtube video. and its overlaid with photos of Muslims praying.

Alligator

View Profile
What should I do in this situation
Posted : 19 Mar, 2023 07:03 PM

Hazel, you asked for help. several men and a couple of women have all said "move on" but you seem to think you can change things. Stop dwelling on this man that just didn't work out. It does NOT mean you are worthless or ugly or uneducated. stop trying to "figure it out". You are a pretty girl and hopefully smarter than you are showing us. Let GO - there are many interesting men and one is waiting to meet YOU.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10