Author Thread
Alligator

View Profile
If you're happy and you know it...
Posted : 17 May, 2020 01:25 PM

when i was a kid in Sunday School there was a song, If you're happy ad you know it clap your hands ( 2 claps) repeat over and over. Yep, i'm still reasonably happy

Alligator

View Profile
His compassion acknowledges our hurt and never belittles us.
Posted : 16 May, 2020 07:07 PM

I agree that God has compassion for us, and certainly here on the forums there seems to be a LACK of compassion for others. I believe that comes from so many not really being Christian. It's advertised as a Christian site, but there is no magic way to discern what people have in their hearts when they post.

Alligator

View Profile
This forum has been poisoned
Posted : 16 May, 2020 01:42 PM

Morgan, you have made a very good point. My father always told me when you are bullied, ignore him/her. When a bully appears on these threads, the best way to handle it is not to respond to him. We need to use these forums for GOOD statements and sometimes that means changing the subject or simply saying "I disagree" and leave it go.

Alligator

View Profile
What is a conversation killer/stopper here on this CDFF site?
Posted : 10 May, 2020 07:51 PM

for me its the few guys who whine about their EX. if you are here to meet someone new, ask questions, suggest favorite things, but don't tell me how much you miss your ex wife or girlfriend.

Alligator

View Profile
Have A Blessed day!
Posted : 9 May, 2020 07:40 PM

I hope everyone can be in contact with a family member tomorrow even if your mom isn't here. to new mothers around the world remember tomorrow that you are special.

Alligator

View Profile
Verse of the Day - May 9, 2020
Posted : 9 May, 2020 07:27 PM

Great verse. I have often thought the people are supposed to ACCEPT the peace given to them. The Lord gives, but if we do not accept, we are then anxious, afraid and often in war. Due to our own pride and not listening to what he offers us.

Alligator

View Profile
What does God says in the Bible about divorce and remarriage ?
Posted : 8 May, 2020 04:14 PM

The Bible doesn’t address the issue of physical abuse as a potential justification for divorce, but it does say a variety of things about abuse. The first thing that should be said is that physical abuse is a sin. The Bible commands a Christian to: Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness (1 Timothy 6:11 ESV).

Husbands are told: Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered (1 Peter 3:7 ESV).

The Bible commands all Christians to be gentle in their dealings with one another, and it tells husbands to be understanding towards their wives and to treat them with special honour. Therefore all forms of physical, emotional, verbal and sexual abuse would be forbidden and are sin.

It’s also worth noting that the Bible disqualifies abusive men from serving in leadership positions within the church. In 1 Timothy 3 Paul says:

If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded … not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money…. (etc.) (1 Timothy 3:1–4 ESV)

Physical abuse is a sin and it disqualifies a person from serving in leadership in the church. It is also against the law. A woman who has been hit by her husband ( vice versa) should do two things immediately. First, she should call the police. The Bible says that the king does not bear the sword in vain: For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer (Romans 13:4 ESV).

God gives the government the authority to restrain evil and to punish evildoers. Government officials are charged by God to restrain evil and to punish evildoers.

The second thing an abused Christian woman should do is call her pastor or the elders of her church. If the husband is a member of the church he should immediately come under discipline. If he does not repent, then the church does not believe that he is truly saved.

In the eyes of the church, the woman is now married to an unbeliever, with all that that implies – see grounds for divorce #5 as detailed above.

Alligator

View Profile
Posted : 8 May, 2020 03:35 PM

The Biblical Grounds For Divorce:

a believer may initiate divorce in the following cases:

1. Her husband [1] has committed adultery with another man’s wife.

2. Her husband has had homosexual sex with a man.

3. Her husband has had sex with an animal.

4. Her husband has had sex with a relative.

5. Her husband no longer wishes to be married to her because of her Christian faith.

In any of the five above cases the believer may pursue a divorce. you can substitute "his" for "hers"

Alligator

View Profile
Posted : 8 May, 2020 03:30 PM

hawky this is from your previous post -- Sexual immorality during marriage gives no right to remarry, if even divorce did happened due to spouse's fault. The innocent party spouse must fear God and don't remarry. Otherwise he or she will end up in Hell as the guilty spouse will do for committing adultery. _---- alll i can say is you are wrong.

Alligator

View Profile
Arhmaud Arberry
Posted : 8 May, 2020 03:23 PM

someone recorded it on their cell phone. Both men were arrested this weekend. Both scarey types..the usual feeling you get from seeing Klan members. The young man was jogging. They said the only reason they killed him is they hate blacks. My heart breaks for his family. Hopefully the prosecutor is a good one and these men pay for murder...done in broad daylight with no remorse.

Page : 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34