Author Thread
Alligator

View Profile
Parental care
Posted : 26 Apr, 2020 08:25 PM

Jozeon - I think parental care includes more than house chores or working at a job. Both parents should make an effort to spend TIME with their children. it can be a ball game of catch, read them a story, do some silly dancing. Talk, ask if they have any questions as you will put on your Thinking Cap and answer them. Kids who have some one on one attention from their parents have better lives --this includes single parents, military parents where one is gone a lot, or two parents living in the same home. TIME

Alligator

View Profile
Eating Habits
Posted : 26 Apr, 2020 08:09 PM

you are right country. i like raw veggies to dip... or steamed for with fish.

Alligator

View Profile
Just What is a Missionary in Your opinion ?
Posted : 26 Apr, 2020 03:09 PM

My middle daughter was a "missionary" during the last summer of her high school. A church group when to Honduras. But they helped build a church. There were 10 in the group. She said it was never made clear what the denomation was. She was from a Berean church. But the "preacher" encouraged the kids to sleep late on Sunday morning. They were there for a month. One Sunday morning she and one of the boys went to church. It was conducted in a foreign language, so she does not know what was preached. Basically, they were used for free labor.

I am a student of Native Americans - both North America and South America. There has been no greater damage done to the Word than the Catholic "missionaries" who accompanied conquerors to the New World. I dont have enough space to write it all here. I have often wondered why churches send people to other countries to try to teach Hindus and Buddhists and Muslims, but fail to take clothing, food and the Bible in its truth to Appalachia, Indian Reservations, Inner Cities in the USA. I do not have a high opinion of missionaries overall.

Alligator

View Profile
Send This to Your Unsaved Family/Friends >>>>
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 08:28 PM

Good Thread. notice at funerals there is never any mention of Hell. EVERYONE goes to a "better place". hhmmmm If its too scarey to mention it at a funeral, just think how afraid we are to teach correctly in our daily lives while we still have a chance to change our destination.

Alligator

View Profile
The Blessing(s) of the coronavirus
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 07:59 PM

TOTH - i love your responses. by the way, my daughter loves the number 3. She applies it to everything. For the Bible, (1) Father (2) Son and (3) Holy Ghost - tomorrow is her 49th birthday, so of course she will add 4 + 9 and get 13 and there is another 3.

Alligator

View Profile
In your opinion what is considered the right guy?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 02:46 PM

Aaron, you have a good profile. You are young and supposedly rather care-free at the moment. If you see a girl/woman that seems pleasant to both eyes and ears, go ahead and ask her out. If you meet her at the Y, they probably already have a coffee shop there which makes it easy to say "would you like to have a snack with me before we go? I'm paying." (i am old school thinking to start out, the guy should pay). if she says no, you have lost nothing. If someone on here writes you its ok to correspond on here for awhile. Dont jump to Hangouts or other apps. This works just fine. You might find a girl to date who is neat and clean and fun to be with, but find out that she has some silly habit that drives you crazy. Mention it. See if she's aware of it. if she gets mad and walks out, you still have lost nothing. Pray about it, but don't stew over it. Some people find the "right" partner when they are 40. Good luck in your search.

Alligator

View Profile
having trouble with messages going to others
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 10:31 AM

I have had trouble for two days. I write a short message, push send and everything is blank. Message does not go through -- anyone else having problems?

Alligator

View Profile
Verse of the Day - April 25, 2020
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 09:33 AM

that fits with what i was thinking about yesterday. some people carry a grudge about a small thing for years. None of those (that particular type) see any reason to say i'm sorry, OR accept an apology. so its up to me (and other Christians) to just truly forgive them and move on.

Alligator

View Profile
In your opinion what is considered the right guy?
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 09:30 AM

clever answer Toth :)

Alligator

View Profile
What a goof Ball
Posted : 25 Apr, 2020 09:28 AM

I don't just sit and wait for someone to reply. I either look at forums, search or do housework. hmmm. i might even go outside for short walk. So I will never be "quick enough". LOL

Page : 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37