Author Thread
Devotedlove47^

View Profile
I sent a abuse report
Posted : 5 Jul, 2013 07:49 AM

Romans 12:16-21 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
I sent a abuse report
Posted : 5 Jul, 2013 07:32 AM

Matthew 5:38-48 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Luke 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

Luke 6:34-37 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Luke 6:41-46 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Luke 6:47-49 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
To Administator: Letthismind2 - Michael
Posted : 3 Jul, 2013 08:30 AM

Dear ChristianArtsy

Always remember

2 Timothy 3:1-9 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

2 Timothy 3:12-17 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 4:2-5 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

God in due season will manifest all things.

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
To Administator: Letthismind2 - Michael
Posted : 3 Jul, 2013 08:29 AM

Dear ChristianArtsy

Always remember

2 Timothy 3:1-9 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

2 Timothy 3:12-17 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

2 Timothy 4:2-5 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

God in due season will manifest all things.

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Who's willing?
Posted : 2 Jul, 2013 09:36 AM

6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet

before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the

streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you,

They have their reward.

6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy

right hand doeth:

6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in

secret himself shall reward thee openly.

6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:

for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners

of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you,

They have their reward.

6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou

hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy

Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Letthismind2
Posted : 2 Jul, 2013 01:49 AM

My question to you is: Is sex the altimate purpose when marrying?

What i'm trying to understand from he's openion, are we more like objects for sex in marriege....? Is all that what marrying is about?

Her questions clearly revealed that she needed to be taught the first principles of the oracles of God, as they pertained to marriage, and was plainly in the position of such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

I therefore exercised the liberty in Christ to share with her the

sincere milk of the word, that she might grow thereby, seeing that she appears to already have tasted of the Lord's graciousness.

But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil. Heb 5:14

See was clearly choking on the strong meat of what Paul wrote. I saw no need to choke her further with more meat.

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Letthismind2
Posted : 1 Jul, 2013 03:03 PM

Grace to you sisygirl in Jesus name!

While I was reading the forums, I came across your question, which I discern needs a little bit more simplicity and clarity.

The ultimate purpose of marriage was/is for Adam (mankind) to reproduce Godly seed upon the earth.

He could replant, till the soil, prune, and cut back vegetation, and he could also walk in the dominion which God ordained. However, he could not increase and multiply his kind all by himself.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and

multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion

over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28

Woman was created as a kind of man, who would help Adam fulfill the command of God.

This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God

created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. Gen. 5:1-2

Increase of the Godly seed was/is the purpose of sexual intercourse, even though that purpose was corrupted through the fall of man.

There was no anticipation of sexually gratifying ones self, because there was no consciousness, nor knowledge of sexual gratification, or nakedness of ones self (the flesh), due to the state of innocence.

When sin entered mankind, innocence was destroyed, and replaced by guilt, shame, and fear, through the awareness of the human self (flesh).

Nakedness (sinful flesh), outside of Godly innocence , became a sinful distraction between man and woman, which would began to work like a wedge, separating mankind from God consciousness. It also stood as a constant symbol of sinful shame to God, and so he clothed them.

Eventually, when God makes all things new, and saved Adam (mankind) will have put on immortality through the redemptive work of Christ.

The redeemed man and woman (Adam) will be changed into a glorified new creature which will be neither male nor female, but like unto the angels.

And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world

marry, and are given in marriage:

But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world,

and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in

marriage:

Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels;

and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels;

and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Luke20:34-36

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
You said you did what for me?
Posted : 7 Feb, 2012 12:50 PM

Dear kjd23k

Grace, mercy, and peace to you in Jesus name!

Until you can walk in the humility of Christ, I am truly hoping in all honesty that you won't address any of my future comments Why should anyone believe any of the things you are posting here, seeing that you clearly cannot walk in the Spirit, while receiving the comments of others, without acting out in the flesh.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,

gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ�s have crucified the flesh with the

affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:22-25

It does not matter which person YOU WERE TALKING IN, the point is this. YOU CAME on this forum and PRESENTED a matter for which you obviously lack the wisdom, patience, kindness, maturity, honesty, virtue, and self control to discuss as an adult female.

Based on the INFORMATION WHICH YOU POSTED, I commented from a biblical perspective on the matter, and for that, you chose to attack me, and make this into a personal issue to avoid TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COMMENTS YOU CREATED.

Is this the conduct of a Godly woman whose heart is in Christ? I think not.

Jesus clearly taught us that " Man shall not live by bread

alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt.4:4

In addition, the apostle Paul, ( who was chosen by Jesus himself ), clearly informed us that " All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim. 3:16-17

Based on these, and many other portions of scripture, I believe that we (both men and women) have an obligation to God to uphold the standards taught to us, by those he chose to instruct us. I do not believe that God inspired these words, just for us to ignore them, or to live life as though we have some exclusive right to "opt out " of doing them. This is the mindset of many professing believers in the church today. They want the glory of being known as a doer, without actually having to do what the word says do.

So again, until you can show more of Christ in you behavior, I would prefer that you would do what you have just spoken, because God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. (1 Cor. 14:33)

Grace be with you in Jesus name!!

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 4 Feb, 2012 07:17 PM

It sounds to me like a very young female who was allowed to operate outside of the scriptures, and the will of God in the church. Being a novice, ( 1 Tim 3:6 ) she should not have been allowed to minister one on one with Jake. This was behavior that was in direct conflict with the word.

In addition, Jesus was the one who said we must count up the cost of what we do. I do not attribute this to the teachings of men.

For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down

first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?

Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to

finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,

Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Luke 14:28-30

It also sounds to me like you are now attempting to chance the story to somehow sanitize the conduct. In your own words, you clearly indicated that Samantha noticed Jake's "shy" and "awkward" behavior prior to him coming to church, and prior to him attempting to kiss her. You also indicated that Samantha felt this conduct was due to him being "in love", and not being able to tell her.

If things were so innocent as you say, why are now changing the story and going on the attack.

Read you own words, before you falsely accuse others of making things up.

"He's kinda shy around her and it makes for an endearing sight for he doesn't know how to tell her and he always comes off as awkward. Then one day after many invitations he comes to church and goes into the prayer line to accept Jesus into His heart. After a while he makes other friends who encourage him in the faith but he only has eyes for Sam. He to tries to involve himself in the church. One day while hanging out together Jake works up the courage and kisses Sam."

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 4 Feb, 2012 12:00 PM

My analysis was based upon the information kjd23k submitted as representative of Samantha's comments, who by the way is in ministry. That says a lot about her, and the situation. Most people I know who are involved in some type of church ministry are usually required to go through some type of Bible study and leadership training class, before being allowed to minister the word to others.

Most are never allowed to minister one on one, to the opposite sex, but rather in tandem partnership with others. It is unclear who these "mutual friends" were that introduce them, and why, but it was obviously for the two of them to become aware of each other.

At some point, I am sure the purpose was told to Samantha, who being involved in ministry, had much more control in the situation, than a person who does not know Christ, or is new to the faith.

So again, my reasoning is that she was in control of the situation, and should have turned that situation over to the fellowship of the brethren in the church, and let them witness to Jake, as this is the proper and fitting way for women to function in ministry, when confronted with dealing with the opposite sex.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the

man, but to be in silence. 1 Timothy 2:12

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10