Author Thread
Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Can you really love a righteous man like that?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2011 04:57 AM

godsgirl23

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another :glow:discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. 1Corinthians 12:8-11

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 1 Corinthians 12:28

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, :glow:which is the word of God: Ephesians 6:17

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a :glow:discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. :waving:Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we

have to do. Hebrews 4:12-13

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Profile photo
Posted : 10 Dec, 2011 10:13 AM

iheartdogs

Remember: For they being ignorant of God�s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. Rom 10:3

It is not about what we think, but what God has inspired in the word that determines whether an act is sin or not. Exposing one's nakedness in public for others to view is still sin, no matter how we view it. It is an act of presumptuous pride before God and others.

We are still living in the flesh of Adam whether we choose to accept it our not. God covered the man and the woman, though they were the only two humans in his presence at that time.

This is because their sin destroyed their coverings of innocence, which made them pure before God and each other.

God had never planned for the man and the woman to know or see each other through the veil of sinful flesh, and so he covered them. so that the shame of their nakedness would not be openly exposed.

This still holds true today. Displaying ones nakedness openly, is a proud defiant display and proclamation of ones own corrupt sinfulness.

Through the atoning death of the Christ, our spiritual nakedness has been clothed by the righteous of Christ, as long as we abide in Him. On the other, our flesh is still waiting to be clothed in redemption, and therefore must remain covered.

For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in

pain together until now. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. Rom. 8:22-23

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou

wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. Rev 3:15-19

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Proverbs 31
Posted : 10 Dec, 2011 05:46 AM

The issue is not goodness of God's word here, but rather context. Scriptures applied out of context, or out of harmony with each other, lead to error. As ministers of the word, we are cautioned against this.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that

needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 2Timothy 2:15

Just as we can rightfully divide, we can wrongfully divide. My purpose was to bring clarity to the scriptures which were presented.

It's all good, when it comes to the word of God.

Peace!!!

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 8 Dec, 2011 09:00 AM

I was moved by this Holy Spirit to create this post as both a spiritual barometer and guide for those professing righteous loyalty and love for the word of God. It is the mirror of James, in which we all (including myself) should love daily to stare into.

The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the

testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the

commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of

the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold:

sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them

there is great reward.

Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not

have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be

innocent from the great transgression.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be

acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalm 19: 7-14

Selah

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 09:43 AM

The question asked in the "Title" of this topic, is in reference to the questions which have been posed in the actual post.

These are the questions I am desiring to receive feedback on, to get a better understanding of the mindset of the women here who are seeking to meet and hopefully marry a righteous man through this site. How they really view the Bible as being the word of God.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 5 Dec, 2011 07:57 AM

That is because you are choosing to be presumptuous and selfwilled in this forum. Whatever controversies you may have with the Lord, his word, or His people, I am truly praying that he will bring you the healing and deliverance needed to be real with yourself and others.

If you are truly godsgirl123, then show Him more respect than you are now. You are embarrassing Him, yourself, and your spiritual family here. Do not be presumptuous (defiant), and put the Lord your God to the test.

Peace my Sister in Jesus name!!

Food for thought:

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, �It is mine to avenge; I will repay,� and again, �The Lord will judge his people.� It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebrews 10:26-31

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 4 Dec, 2011 08:18 AM

My reply was to a man who answered in the place of a woman. This man then place comments which the Bible considers vain jangling. 1Tim 1:6 KJV

As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God�s work�which is by faith. The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Some have wandered away from these and turned to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm. 1 Timothy 1: 3-7 NIV

As opposed to being distracted by his actions, I simply asked to hear from REAL LADIES IN CHRIST, as opposed to a man speaking from an argumentative standpoint.

Don�t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord�s servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:23-26 NIV

The statement was not made in comparison to other women, but rather in contrast to what this man had done.

Grace to you!!

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 3 Dec, 2011 02:51 PM

Thank you Archimedes,

Now can we hear first from the REAL LADIES IN CHRIST?

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 3 Dec, 2011 07:47 AM

Hello Ladies, Grace to you in Jesus!!!

In the book of James, chapter 1, verses 22- 25, it reads :

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your

own selves.

For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a

man beholding his natural face in a glass:

For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway

forgetteth what manner of man he was.

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth

therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this

man shall be blessed in his deed.

This being true, should righteous men consider women professing Christ to be deceived, if they refuse to acknowledge, obey, or conform to 1Timothy 2:8-10 and 1 Peter 3:3-6, once they have been lovingly taught and exposed to these spiritual instructions?

Should women be avoided, who show very little, or no concern for modesty, shamefacedness, and sobriety, or who express dislike, or negative comments towards these verses?

The verses read as follows:

I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands,

without wrath and doubting.

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest

apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair,

or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good

works. 1Timothy 2:8-10

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the

hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not

corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is

in the sight of God of great price.

For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who

trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their

own husbands:

Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him Lord: whose daughters

ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any

amazement. 1 Peter 3:3-6

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Out of state?
Posted : 27 Nov, 2011 07:36 AM

Women outnumber men by at least seven to one. If in a day he is inundated with winks and desires to chat, it is better for him that these women are not so close to him for peace sake.

Many of you do not know how to approach a righteous man, or wait on that dating thing. As a result, we are constantly forced to keep distance between you and ourselves. You fall in love with us, and claim us as your husbands, before we have had a chance to inquire of the Lord about the relationship. You then cast forth our name as evil because God said " no she is not the one".

This is a daily occurrence, that many of you are unaware of.

We make distance, so that confusion will kept to a minimum.

I hope this gives you a little insight into what goes on in some cases.

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11