Author Thread
Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Virgin
Posted : 16 Jan, 2012 05:36 AM

It is not necessary. I am not confused as to how GenuineBeauty used it. I used it the way she used it in her original post. I was hoping that she would return and speak on the matter, but since she has not returned, I will not discuss the matter any further.

Take care God Bless

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Virgin
Posted : 15 Jan, 2012 09:35 PM

Follow: Join the Word of the Day Mailing List

most

adj. Superlative of many, much.

a. Greatest in number: won the most votes.

b. Greatest in amount, extent, or degree: has the most compassion.

2. In the greatest number of instances: Most fish have fins.

n.

1. The greatest amount or degree: She has the most to gain.

2. Slang The greatest, best, or most exciting. Used with the: That party was the most!

pron.

(used with a sing. or pl. verb) The greatest part or number: Most of the town was destroyed. Most of the books were missing.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matt. 7:13-14

And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and

journeying toward Jerusalem.

Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,

Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will

seek to enter in, and shall not be able. Luke 13:22-24

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Virgin
Posted : 15 Jan, 2012 09:00 AM

Dear GenuineBeauty

Grace to you in Jesus!!

In your original post, you asked: Why is being a virgin a turn-off for most men?

Seeing that "most men" are unrighteous, and prefer sex outside of marriage, and that most " christian and non-christian women" have this common understanding about " most men", my question to you is as follows: Did you really not know the answer to that question before you asked it? If so, what kind of conversation were you seeking to start?

I ask this because you displayed obvious knowledge of God's creation and purpose for marriage and virginity, when you said:

"I believe that sex was created by God to be enjoyed within marriage, not with every person you date."

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Virgin
Posted : 15 Jan, 2012 07:23 AM

Dear godsgirl123

God's grace to you in Jesus name!

Again, whatever controversies you may have with the Lord, his word, or His people, I am truly praying that he will bring you the healing and deliverance needed to be real with yourself and others.

If you are truly "godsgirl", then show Him more respect reverance than you are now.

You are embarrassing Him, yourself, and the spiritual family of God here. Do not be presumptuous (defiant), and put the Lord God to the test.

Peace to you dear child in Jesus name!!

Food for thought:

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, �It is mine to avenge; I will repay,� and again, �The Lord will judge his people.� It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebrews 10:26-31

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Virgin
Posted : 15 Jan, 2012 06:21 AM

Dear liz kulet Grace to you in Jesus name!!

I think before you react to the correction of the Lord in anger, You should get a clear Biblical understanding of what Jesus meant when he said "Judge not" as opposed to " judging righteous judgement". Many believers have developed a false understanding in this area, thinking that Jesus was instructing the saints not to discern and give Godly instructions the body of Christ. This concept is false. In fact, the concept Jesus was referring to, was judging a situation based on human perception and emotion, like what you are doing to us now. You have been hurt by words of chastisement which were posted here my dear sister, and so you are speaking out of that hurt. I will therefore remind you that:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks unto you as unto children, My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when you are rebuked of him:

For whom the Lord loves he chastens, and scourges every son whom he receives.

If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chastens not?

But if you be without chastisement, of which all are partakers, then are you illegitimate children, and not sons.

Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh who corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Now no chastening for the present seems to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them who are trained by it.

Therefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Hebrews 12:5-13

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Virgin
Posted : 14 Jan, 2012 01:51 PM

God bless you both Vivere and Sunshinesoblessed, and thank God for your willingness to speak on this matter.

You both are correct, and I totally agree as well. It is very promiscuous and totally inappropriate for a person to be revealing or discussing such private and personal information about themselves or others in this manner.

It is the carnal uncovering of one's self, outside

of the holiness of Godly betrothal (engagement).

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Virgin
Posted : 13 Jan, 2012 01:31 PM

Why would a virgin want to share with " most men" that she is a virgin? Most men are unGodly, and would love the thought of taking her virginity. I believe that some topics should not be discussed so readily to " most men". A woman should really consider what is going on in her spirit, if he finds herself intrigued enough to talk about this topic with " most men" she encounters. One's virginity is not a common topic of public display, to be discussed with "most men", but rather, a private position of sacred loyalty to Godly purity and modesty.

There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried

woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both

in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of

the world, how she may please her husband.

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
DO YOU BELIEVE THE EXCELLENT WIFE DISCRIBED IN PROVERBS 31:10-31 EXIST?
Posted : 8 Jan, 2012 09:46 AM

I believe that there are many women in the world, who do, or have done virtuous deeds, but only a few women of true biblical excellence as described in Proverbs 31:10-31.

Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.

This is due to what I will call the "EVE Syndrome", that nearly all women suffer from. The desire to be as God, in a position of superior power and control.

Ever since Satan was able to convince woman that God was lying, to keep her from discovering her true "God-like nature", she has been struggling with the issue of who and what she was originally designed to be.

Being "first in the transgression", she took on the full brunt of the deception, which fatally weakened her ability to rerceive, believe, accept, and obey the words of God.

Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge,

giving honor unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being

heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not

hindered. 1 Peter 3:7

Thus, she is under the apostles ban from teaching and exercising authority over the man. This ban is still recognized in many parts of the secular world today.

Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the

man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue

in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. 1 Timothy 2:11-15

As part of her rehabilitative correction, God placed the woman under the authority of her husband, for the purpose of redeeming and reconciling her back into her originally designed purposes of marriage.

Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and

thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy

desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee. Genesis 3: 16

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head

of the church: and he is the savior of the body.

Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be

to their own husbands in every thing.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church,

and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having

spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and

without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. Ephesians 5: 23-33

Now,through the atonement of Christ, every woman who was been led to repentance, now has the full power to become a woman of excellence in God, if she so chooses

to be.

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality

and power: Colossians 2:9-10

The ability to become a woman of excellence, now lies in a woman's willingness to die to the delusions of self grandeur, in order to please Father. Thus the question still remains: Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

I am still seeking, praying, hoping, waiting, and watching for her hour of visitation into my life.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
really eill someone lplease give me their opinion on this subject? I am convined we will not actuly be getting a mansion as we think of them, but the word mansion is represintitive of our new bodies! I mean what would I need with a big ole house in heaven I just want to be with Jesus I dont care one thing about a mansion!
Posted : 6 Jan, 2012 03:17 PM

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father�s house:

For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they

also come into this place of torment. LUKE: 16: 27-28

NOTE: JESUS WAS NOT REFERRING TO THE MAN'S PHYISCAL BODY, BUT RATHER A PHYSICAL PLACE

And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father�s house an house of merchandise. NOTE : JESUS WAS NOT REFERRING TO GOD'S SPIRITUAL BODY, BUT RATHER A PHYSICAL PLACE

In my Father�s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. NOTE: JESUS WAS NOT REFERRING TO GOD'S SPIRITUAL BODY HERE AS WELL, BUT RATHER A SPIRITUAL PLACE

In which time Moses was born, and was exceeding fair, and

nourished up in his father�s house three months: ACTS 7:20

NOTE: STEPHEN WAS NOT REFERRING TO MOSES' PHYICAL BODY, BUT RATHER A PHYSICAL PLACE

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange

country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs

with him of the same promise:

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. HEBREWS 11: 8-10

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a

country. And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly:

wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath

prepared for them a city. HEBREWS 11: 13-16

SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
really eill someone lplease give me their opinion on this subject? I am convined we will not actuly be getting a mansion as we think of them, but the word mansion is represintitive of our new bodies! I mean what would I need with a big ole house in heaven I just want to be with Jesus I dont care one thing about a mansion!
Posted : 6 Jan, 2012 06:09 AM

The preceding post was written in reference to the following statement: I do not believe that our "mansions" are great big physical structures, which will be brought to earth when we return with Him from heaven, at His second advent. I believe that they are "heavenly" only in the sense that they have been (or will be) manufactured in heaven and will be located in heaven until He appears in the clouds.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10