Author Thread
Devotedlove47^

View Profile
judging a book by its cover?
Posted : 19 Dec, 2011 07:20 AM

2. I look for her level of maturity, and commitment to the words of God in what she posts in her profile.

3. I also look for Godly modesty in her character and conduct while posting photos of herself online.

If I am convinced that she may truly be spiritually minded, as opposed to being carnally minded, then I will contact her, in order to truly discern what is in her heart, soul, mind, and spirit, when it comes to God, and his plan and purpose for man and woman being one flesh.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
judging a book by its cover?
Posted : 19 Dec, 2011 06:42 AM

As a righteous man seeking a righteous wife, there are a number of things I look for when viewing the profiles posted here.

1. I look for passion for God, and how that passion is expressed in her profile.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Question/Tip for fellas
Posted : 19 Dec, 2011 06:03 AM

Grace to you in Jesus name KellyBean1990

I agree with PeterStuff

We are commanded by Christ to count up the cost in all that we enveador to do.

For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it? Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him, Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish. Luke 14:28-30

This is one of the main reasons why many marriages end in divorce.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Can you really love a righteous man like that?
Posted : 19 Dec, 2011 04:45 AM

Glory to God!!! 0melanie0

I Praise God for your comments, which speak from the truth of the word.Today the church is so silent on this issue, to where people tend to act as though the bible speaks nothing about how one should carry themselves as those professing Christ. If God would take the time to inspire these words to be written, surely he intended for us to live by them, and apply them daily in our everyday walk. Jesus clearly taught us that " Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt.4:4

In addition, the apostle Paul, ( who was chosen by Jesus himself ), clearly informed us that " All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim. 3:16-17 Based on these, and many other portions of scripture, I believe

that we (both men and women) have an obligation to God to uphold the standards taught to us, by those he chose to instruct us. I do not believe that God inspired these words, just for us to ignore them, or to live life as though we have some exclusive right to "opt out " of doing them. This is the mindset of many in the church today. As a result, we have many professing people of God dressing in the "attire of a harlot" as spoken of in the book of Proverbs, and thinking that God accepts this standard as being Godly modesty, but he clearly does not. This is the basis of the questions I originally asked.

1.Should righteous men consider women professing Christ to be deceived, if they refuse to acknowledge, obey, or conform to 1Timothy 2:8-10 and 1 Peter 3:3-6, once they have been lovingly taught and exposed to these spiritual instructions?

2.Should women be avoided, who show very little, or no concern for modesty, shamefacedness, and sobriety, or who express dislike, or negative comments towards these verses?

In other words, what is a righteous man's spiritual service to God in dealing with haughtiness in women professing Christ?

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 17 Dec, 2011 06:22 AM

God Bless You too sister 0Melanie0 in Jesus name!!!

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this post. Your opinion on this matter I hope will begin to spark some meaningful dialogue on this topic. My goal is to get some unbiased feedback on the issues of modesty, shamefacedness, and sobriety among Christian women in this site. The question was asked in light of the opening scriptures I posted. In other words, can a woman love a righteous man who believes in the biblical standards of modesty? Could she truly love enough to see beyond herself, and her desires, into the place where God ( through the inspired word) was/is attempting to take her? Could she truly walk joyfully in the humility of God when it come to fashion, without being grieved by the word? Could she truly see herself as a "daughter of Sarah" with God esteem, without calling herself "plain Jane" ? Can she really love a man for God like that?

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 16 Dec, 2011 01:16 PM

Dear devotedandtrue

Your words of hostility and reproach rejoices my heart greatly. For by them are the Holy Scriptures both magnified and illuminated in this place. I am both strengthen and emboldened to preach Christ the more, and as Timothy was charged through the Holy writings of the apostle Paul, so too I have a received of God, both strengthening and quickening of the Spirit for the keeping of the same. I know the more, that these are the times, of which the apostle spoke, when he by the unction of the Holy Spirit, wrote the following:

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God�having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these men oppose the truth�men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, persecutions, sufferings�what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:1-17

I therefore greatly rejoice in the sufferings of Christ, knowing confidently that these same afflictions have been accomplished, and are being accomplished in my brethren which have come into this world. 1 Peter 5:9 SELAH

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 14 Dec, 2011 10:19 AM

Grace to godsgirl23!!

Thank you for your words of encouragement. They truly are an inspiration and blessing to me. :waving: It is always a joy to see the Spirit of God at work in the hearts of His children. May God bless you, and keep you in all that you say and do for His glory. :prayingm:

Thankfully,

Artie P.S. Your comments truly reveal your love and passion for the things of God, and the word of God. I truly enjoyed my time conversing with you. Take care :glow:

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 12:12 PM

Dear devotedandtrue

Grace to you in Jesus name!!

The damsel you feel is in distress, and which you have attempted to rescue (Archimedes) is a man.

If you want me and others here to consider your post as a legitimate unbiased righteous analysis of the situation, then at least do it in a righteous manner, so that you don't come across as a hater seeking kudos (glory) to impress the ladies here.

I would comment gladly on what you wrote, if I had discerned that you were not harboring some personal bias or grudge.

Since however, your conduct and attitude reflects this, I will not address the fullness of what you wrote. As the scriptures say:

Go from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not

in him the lips of knowledge. Proverbs 14:7

Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul. Proverbs 22:24-25

If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or

laugh, there is no rest. Proverbs 29:9

An angry man stirreth up strife, and a furious man aboundeth in

transgression. Proverbs 29:22

Do not err, my beloved brethren.

1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

1:18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:16-20

SELAH

I welcome your accusations of hypocrisy, because wisdom is justified of her children. Matt. 11:19

Peace!!! :waving:

Now, I refer you back to your response to Archimedes:

"Thank you Archimedes,

Now can we hear first from the REAL LADIES IN CHRIST?"

In one post, you have appointed yourself as judge of her.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 10:17 AM

I did answer you. Your question was: " Tell me more about this special insight you have from the Lord that allows you to judge me and my motives based on two posts."

I simply answered you, using the word of God, which gives me this insight.

God Bless!! :glow: :waving:

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Posted : 11 Dec, 2011 05:22 AM

Grace to you sister Mila!!

Your unselfish comments exhibit true faithfulness and loyalty to Jesus Christ. I find that to be very rare in this site. There have been over 100 views of this post, but you are the only woman thus far to comment from the word of God, without getting personally distracted. May God continue to bless you in all that you do for Him :waving:

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11