Author Thread
Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Haiti
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 04:27 PM

:prayingm: Let us all pray and give in whatever way we can to help the devastated people living in Haiti, who have been injured, trapped, or suffered the loss of loved ones. Pray that God will stir the hearts of the people, and cause them to move with compassion, and bring healing aid to the nation.

Grace be with you all in Jesus name !!!!

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Help for Haiti
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 04:13 PM

Those wishing to help can go to the following link and find many organizations through which they can donated their time or money to help in this crisis.

Thank you, and God bless you all!!!

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/impact/?iref=impactglobal

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Help for Haiti
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 03:21 PM

:prayingm: Let us all pray and give in whatever way we can to help the devastated people living in Haiti, who have been injured, trapped, or suffered the loss of loved ones. Pray that God will stir the hearts of the people, and cause them to move with compassion, and bring healing aid to the nation.

Grace be with you all in Jesus name !!!!

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Haiti
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 03:04 PM

Please pray for the nation of Haiti that God will heal the devastation in the nation; and that he will touch the heart of the nations, and cause them to have compassion on the people and help them.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
I have a situation that I would like honest opinions.
Posted : 8 Jan, 2010 04:21 PM

Dear Godinme,

Now that things are some what clearer about your situation, I will give you my thoughts on the matter. First of all, when the guy met you 4 years ago, he knew then how he felt about you, and how he felt about having a serious relationship with you. Whatever it was that caused him not to pursue a serious relationship with you then, has not changed. It could be one, two, or a combination of different reasons that is causing him to feel this way about getting serious with you. Whatever it is, he does not want to say, for fear of you becomming offended by it. He does however, know exactly what he wants. Here are just a few for you to consider:

1. He could still have feelings for his children's mother and be in denial to you about it.

2. He could be feeling responsible for their breakup, and waiting for her heart to change.

3. He could be over her, but not want to expose his daughters to the conflict of having two mothers.

4. He could like your friendship a lot, but not be in love with you, and don't want to hurt your feelings by telling you this.

5. He could love your friendship, but feel that you two would not be compatible in a marriage.

6. He could love you, but not like certain ways about you, which he does not want to lose your friendship over.

7. He could be seeing other women along with you, and not want to get serious with any one of you.

8. He could know that he is irresponsible and lacking in discipline as a man, and don't want to

wreck another woman's life.

9. He could even be struggling with things that have nothing to do with you, like being involved secretly with other men. You may never know, if refuses to tell you.

My suggestion to you, is that you first develope a healthy respect for the courting process. Don't be involved with two guys at the same time, that's defrauding one man, with the other, and is the wrong approach to starting a serious relationship. Most men will not take a woman serious, if she shows signs of being unworthy of trust. This may be one of the things that he is considering, along with a number of others.

Consider how you approached him in times past, in conjunction with the points which I touched on above. If you take your time, and consider these things, God will reveal exactly what has happened, to make things as they are between you two. When he does that, accept it for what it is, and let him lead you on from that point, making sure not to forget what he has taught you. MAKE THE NECESSARY CHANGES YOU NEED TO IMPROVE YOU CHANCES FOR A SUCCESSFUL CHRISTIAN RELATIONSHIP, and you will eventually discover that true love you are seeking. Serious men, are always seeking serious women, and that should be an encouraging thought.

Grace be with you in Jesus name!!!!

Devoted

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Long distance relationships
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 06:21 PM

Amen Arch,

If you are truly seeking to obtain God's favor in finding your bride, distance is no issue. I will go across the globe to get to her. Then I would speak sweet words of love in her ears, just to let her know how valuable and precious she is to me.

Maybe somthing like this: 4:1 Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves� eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead. 4:2 Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn, which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins, and none is barren among them. 4:3 Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely: thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks. 4:4 Thy neck is like the tower of David builded for an armory, whereon there hang a thousand bucklers, all shields of mighty men. 4:5 Thy two brsts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies. 4:6 Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense. 4:7 Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee. 4:8 Come with me from Lebanon, my spouse, with me from Lebanon: look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon, from the lions� dens, from the mountains of the leopards. 4:9 Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse; thou hast ravished my heart with one of thine eyes, with one chain of thy neck. 4:10 How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! 4:11 Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon. 4:12 A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed. 4:13 Thy plants are an orchard of pomegranates, with pleasant fruits; camphire, with spikenard, 4:14 Spikenard and saffron; calamus and cinnamon, with all trees of frankincense; myrrh and aloes, with all the chief spices: 4:15 A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

7:1 How beautiful are thy feet with shoes, O prince�s daughter! the joints of thy thighs are like jewels, the work of the hands of a cunning workman. 7:2 Thy navel is like a round goblet, which wanteth not liquor: thy belly is like an heap of wheat set about with lilies. 7:3 Thy two brsts are like two young roes that are twins. 7:4 Thy neck is as a tower of ivory; thine eyes like the fishpools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bathrabbim: thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus. 7:5 Thine head upon thee is like Carmel, and the hair of thine head like purple; the king is held in the galleries. 7:6 How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love, for delights! 7:7 This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy brsts to clusters of grapes. 7:8 I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy brsts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples; 7:9 And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved, that goeth down sweetly, causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak.

This is what true love brings forth, and as the scriptures say: 8:6 Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; 8:7 Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned. When we truly come to this realization, we will stop seeking selfish gratification, and start seeking true love and devotion. Grace to you all !!! Devoted

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
Christian Dating
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 04:25 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have have met a very sweet woman of faith, who I hope will be my future bride. If this becomes a reality, I will continue to fellowship from time to time, as the needs of family and ministry will allow.

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
when do you go exclusive with someone?
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 03:39 PM

Hi Cherri,

I stopped looking to meet other women, the day I was convinced that the woman with whom I was corresponding to was serious about what she wanted in starting an online realtionship. Some of the ladies here are simply flirts, looking to snag that "ideal man", who will show them a "good time".

There are men here, who are like this as well.

They are not serious,but will contact you, and attempt to start a relationship, even though you have posted that you are looking for a marriage partner.

I don't believe in contacting someone, unless I discern that there is a genuine interest, and a strong potential for success in establishing spiritual unity andl compatability.

These people don't care, they simply want what they want. So you have to be very discerning, and protect yourself from investing too much time with them. Don't change or remove your profile unless you are certain that the guy really wants a serious realtionship with you.

MAKE HIM TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT HE WANTS FUTURE WISE, AND PUT HIM IN A POSITION WHERE HE HAS TO DEMONSTRATE HIS SERIOUSNESS IN THE MATTER. DISCUSS IT FULLY WITH HIM.

When you are convinced that things are serious enough, adjust your profile to reflect that, if you are not ready to totally remove it. Say somthing like "wait to see how things go". Then change your status to looking for a friend,

or talking buddy, until YOU ARE SURE things are final.

When they do become final, then make the announce online, and then both of you can celebrate by sharing some wedding photos. ( If you choose to let us rejoice with you guys) :applause:

I hope this helped

Grace to you in Jesus name!!!!

Artie

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
I have a situation that I would like honest opinions.
Posted : 4 Jan, 2010 02:36 PM

Dear Godinme,

Which person are you talking about, you current boyfriend, or the guy you met 4 years ago. The way you wrote your statement has me somewhat confused about which person you are talking about. Would you clarify?

Devotedlove47^

View Profile
importance in knowing the Feast of the LORD--I THINK YOU ALL SHOULD READ THIS
Posted : 27 Dec, 2009 12:53 PM

Dear icebro,

Based on my observations, of how you present information, you appear to have an inability to remain loyal to the scriptures, whenever they disagree with your beliefs. I have come to the conclusion therefore, that any further attempts to establish a legitimate discussion of them would be fruitless, seeing that you cannot move beyond this obstruction.

You have no problem quoting the scriptures, when you feel they support your beliefs, but you then ignore, misrepresent, or attempt to discredit certain passages when you feel they threaten those beliefs. As long as you continue to conduct yourself in this manner, your efforts to establish what you believe will be unsuccessful, being that this type of behavior is always self defeating of one's purpose.

Grace be with you in Jesus name!

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11