Author Thread
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Why do I attract bad men/not getting married
Posted : 25 Mar, 2023 10:58 PM

The title pretty much sums it up. I am practically the only single one out of all of my friends. Most people I've known from high school or my friends are married and I usually attract strange men or ones that just want very casual. The last two dates I went on were disasters.

I'm attractive, like to talk about many things, have a good amount of hobbies. For instance, on here I find guys who message me have very empty profiles or are strange. I've come across men I am interested, messaged, but no response. Or they never initiate any conversation with me.

So my friends are married, my best friend has been married for 7 years, my mom's and dad's friend's kids are married, people I see in public that are younger than me are all getting married. The list goes on. My questions are why do I attract bad/uninteresting men and why am I not marriage material?

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
What should I do in this situation
Posted : 8 Mar, 2023 11:16 PM

Thank you guys for all of your answers! Very informative and I appreciate them

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
People say I don't seem interested, why
Posted : 8 Mar, 2023 11:12 PM

I'm 30, he's 34. I live in California, he lives in Texas.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Posted : 8 Mar, 2023 11:11 PM

I'm 30, he's 34. I live in California, he lives in Texas.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
I feel conflicted because I feel like I pushed a good friend/romantic interest away
Posted : 8 Mar, 2023 10:39 PM

I started talking to guy I met online for about 2 years, a little bit on and off for a few months sometimes but overall pretty consistently like every day. We even had nicknames for each other. He said he liked me but to meet as friends which I agreed upon because he said he didn't want either of us to be disappointed if things don't work out. He told me we would both see if we liked each other in person.

He decided to fly to meet me out of state for three days. We met before and after my work and he treated me well to two lunches and we walked around a bit. We even saw some scenery and things around my town. He just was incredibly quiet which he mentioned but he really didn't speak much at all except for a few times.

We hugged and exchanged Christmas gifts. He then flew back and I noticed he didn't text me so I said have a safe trip back and that I liked my gift, Merry Christmas.

He didn't text me for about a little over a week and said sorry I was late in replying, glad you liked your gift. I noticed also at the time that he deleted his dating profile on the site we met on. Then I replied to his text and he didn't text back again for another week and said sorry for late reply. How'd you know something bad didn't happen to me? I said you would have not been able to contact me if it did.

I then got mad and said I don't go for boring married scammers because I was mad and he said I forgive you for calling me boring but I'm not a scammer or married. I apologized later but deleted my app and went back on it again later but didn't know if he ever came back. We haven't talked for almost 2 months. Should I text him just to see how he is doing as a friend? Because I feel maybe I pushed too hard.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Posted : 4 Mar, 2023 11:22 PM

I have had two men tell me this online. For instance, a guy I've been talking to only twice with a little back and forth conversation told me recently "you don't seem very interested." I am not giving off that vibe at all in my opinion, in fact, I give enthusiastic answers with exclamation points even. I sound very engaging. Another guy said I sounded serious?? Are these guys just trying to change my personality? I can't say a bunch because I don't know the guys very well but I'm friendly

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
What should I do in this situation
Posted : 24 Feb, 2023 09:23 PM

I was talking to this guy for about a year and a half pretty consistently like every day. We met this past December for three days (he came out of state). After meeting, I noticed he wasn't replying to my text messages at all. After 10 days he replied to me and said sorry for late reply. I replied and he again didn't reply for about 7 days. I then replied and got mad a little and said I don't go for boring married scammerz anyways. He said again sorry for the late reply and said he is not married and not a scammer. I just didn't understand why he didn't give a solid explanation to me about why everything seemed to have gone cold in my eyes? Should I contact him again? Or leave it?

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Should I send a friendly message or move on
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 02:56 PM

I met a guy on here and we had been talking on and off for about one and a half years. We clicked pretty well and he lives out of state. His pictures looked good but some he looked kind of depressed/worried. He claimed he flirted with me first but he said he was shocked that I saw him as more than a friend. He claimed that he sounded like a depressed downer and he was surprised I liked him after that. He said that when we would talk, he thought I saw him as a friend.

Then later he said he never flirted with me and he used this as a defense mechanism and said he didn't want to lose me. The whole thing got weird. He kept saying I sounded serious through text message like my personality which I am not serious. I like to laugh and I am friendly but again he didn't want to fall for me I guess in case things didn't work out. When I would get mad over text, he would constantly want to resolve the issue. He said he wanted to meet around my work schedule like before and after. He kept asking me what I wanted to do but didn't plan any activities, just kept asking me. This December, he finally came to meet me in California for about three days. We went out to lunch twice and walked around a lot in the city. He was really nice and I did enjoy his company.

During the meeting, he didn't talk to me like almost at all. He was super quiet. I was the one that was always asking questions. He wanted to meet at a park at night which I declined but I said I would meet him the next day. He gave me a Christmas gift and card and I gave him something too. When he got back, I noticed he wasn't texting me so I said hope you had a safe trip back. No response. I then said Merry Christmas I liked my gifts after Christmas a little and he took 10 days to text me back and said sorry I was busy glad you liked them.

Then I texted and again a week passed and he wasnt responding so I got mad and said I don't go for boring, married scammers anyways. And he said he forgave me for calling him boring but said he was not married or a scammer. I replied and even apologized on this app we have but I deleted and reinstalled it. I notice he still has the app and is not blocked.

Should I just send a friendly message or just let this go?

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Should I send a friendly message or move on
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 02:56 PM

I met a guy on here and we had been talking on and off for about one and a half years. We clicked pretty well and he lives out of state. His pictures looked good but some he looked kind of depressed/worried. He claimed he flirted with me first but he said he was shocked that I saw him as more than a friend. He claimed that he sounded like a depressed downer and he was surprised I liked him after that. He said that when we would talk, he thought I saw him as a friend.

Then later he said he never flirted with me and he used this as a defense mechanism and said he didn't want to lose me. The whole thing got weird. He kept saying I sounded serious through text message like my personality which I am not serious. I like to laugh and I am friendly but again he didn't want to fall for me I guess in case things didn't work out. When I would get mad over text, he would constantly want to resolve the issue. He said he wanted to meet around my work schedule like before and after. He kept asking me what I wanted to do but didn't plan any activities, just kept asking me. This December, he finally came to meet me in California for about three days. We went out to lunch twice and walked around a lot in the city. He was really nice and I did enjoy his company.

During the meeting, he didn't talk to me like almost at all. He was super quiet. I was the one that was always asking questions. He wanted to meet at a park at night which I declined but I said I would meet him the next day. He gave me a Christmas gift and card and I gave him something too. When he got back, I noticed he wasn't texting me so I said hope you had a safe trip back. No response. I then said Merry Christmas I liked my gifts after Christmas a little and he took 10 days to text me back and said sorry I was busy glad you liked them.

Then I texted and again a week passed and he wasnt responding so I got mad and said I don't go for boring, married scammers anyways. And he said he forgave me for calling him boring but said he was not married or a scammer. I replied and even apologized on this app we have but I deleted and reinstalled it. I notice he still has the app and is not blocked.

Should I just send a friendly message or just let this go?

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Do you think I should contact him once more or let it go?
Posted : 22 Feb, 2023 12:44 PM

Thank you for your beautiful scripture. I'm not quite sure still what I should do about this though

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13