View Profile
what's it like to have people who care?
Posted : 10 Aug, 2023 11:01 PM

I have no idea because no one cares about me

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
My family forgot my birthday, again..
Posted : 10 Aug, 2023 11:00 PM

Hello everyone, I need some advice here. I just had a birthday a day ago and I woke up and had absolutely barely any of my family say happy birthday. My mom was in the hospital so I had to pick her up later that day and the entire day my brothers left and they were talking about their food and gym and left me at home.

I had to buy my own lunch and came home to nothing again. My family started watching tv and ignoring me doing their own thing. I was seething so I left the house for hours and did not even open my cards and gifts.

Today was my mom's birthday and I went all out, as I always do, to put a tablecloth and special plates. My brother gave her roses and they had a really nice cake while they gave me a cheap store bought stale cake. My mom definitely should have nice things but I got totally slighted.

There was absolutely nothing remembered or special on my day. Even last year, I treated everyone to a movie and no one again took me out to eat. I had to buy my own dinner.

I am still so angry. I explained myself but no one seems to care. What should I do?

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Guys never show interest in me, what could be the reason
Posted : 6 Aug, 2023 07:42 PM

Thank you for further explaining, I appreciate that you went into depth

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Have you ever had to walk out on a date?
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 08:25 PM

Good question! And yes twice.

Some of my dates were good and went smoothly. But there was one who was way too handsy with me. It got waay awkward way fast! To top it off I wasn't even attracted to him. I had a guy from this site that came down to meet me for a weekend and we hung out for 5 hours in the city one day and also the next day. We talked very little but he was literally mute. It was so incredibly awkward because every time I'd try to bring up conversation, it would die down. Strangest date ever.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
I Think it is OK for a Woman/Lady/Girl to Make the First Move - Right?
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 08:19 PM

I know what they say, that's it's the new age and women can do anything too but I find it always ends up weird if a woman asks a guy out. Men assume that you automatically want a physical relationship with them. I'm going to say that men should still be the ones to chase and pursue. Women like men who act like men and are courageous and gentlemanly enough to ask the woman out.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 07:58 PM

I agree with most of the points you listed but disagree with the 30 year thing competing against the 23 year old. I've gotten waaay more men interested in me now than at 23. But I do agree with maybe not engaging in finding a man actively.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
If a guy suddenly teases you, could it mean he likes you?
Posted : 13 Jul, 2023 07:52 PM

There is this guy I know and we do talk but he talks to other people I know more. He helped my friends and I out one day and one of my friends joked and said to him, what made you come here to help out?

Anyways, I noticed he kind of was ignoring me for a while and would talk to others way more so I started acting a little standoffish towards him. He noticed the way I was acting so he suddenly started talking to me one day and he seemed like he was waiting for me to talk. He seemed sorry so I started making an effort to be friendly again like I was before.

Recently, he seems more animated around me and asked someone I know if I was going to where everyone was going to be. He does stare at me a lot too. Now the question is he has never been comfortable enough to tease me and he surprised me one day and made fun of me carrying a bag around but just to tease not to be mean.

I laughed because I thought it was funny. He then gave a really hearty laugh. I've never seen him act this way before? Has something changed?

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Does this guy like me, hate me, or just like other people
Posted : 5 Jun, 2023 01:40 AM

There is this guy I know and when he is talking to my group, he will make some comments to me but will talk to everyone else there much more. I have been at this place (work) longer or as long as everyone else and he is extremely personal and friendly with everyone except for me.

These are some scenarios with I'll call one girl A and the other B. With B, he always asks her how her mom is. This guy and her talked in front of me. Then with A, he has made some comments to her such as she changed her hair (even though I had just cut mine) and are you feeling better? Etc almost like he is flirting with her? But I can't tell because one day he didn't talk to her.

With me, conversations are short but has told me a few things like he was going to see his mom New Year's and asked what I was doing for mine, a little about his grandparents, where he shops, etc. very short comments. When I try to ask him questions, etc or if I mention a personal thing, he doesn't expound really on what I say.

One day he came to my area with my group and someone said oh you never come here.. because he was trying to fix something for us. He usually comes to our area when I am there. I decided to start just ignoring him like he does to me and I think he noticed on 2 separate occasions. After those two times, one day I noticed he tried to run into me when I was leaving and started to talk to me and went with me on the escalator. I couldn't ignore him at that point because he was attempting to talk. So I don't think he liked that I was ignoring him.

Sometimes he's very friendly smiles and says hi to me, one time asked if I was okay after the ignoring session but like the other day I waved and said hi and he stared at me from top to bottom and didn't say anything.

He has gotten into my personal space very close to me, touched my arm twice before. Gives eye contact, etc. Stands behind me. Should I just continue to ignore him or just continue to talk to him?

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Posted : 29 May, 2023 01:58 AM

Ok, thank you for your advice! Yes volunteering might be a great way to meet someone

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Posted : 24 May, 2023 02:18 AM

Thank you to all of you for your answers! Very informative and I will take your advice on just focusing on the here and now until someone maybe pops up in my life.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12