Author Thread
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Why are you single?
Posted : 24 May, 2023 01:59 AM

1) I have to agree with you on the generation thing. I am waayyyy different than my generation. I'm polite, don't use social media, like to talk face to face with people, have different interests, not wildly different but not the same either.

2) I guess I am introverted as well. I don't go out that much to meet people.

3) Every relationship I embark on turns to dust. One boyfriend suddenly broke it off, I've been ghosted, or they only want one thing. I get approached by all of the wrong men.

4) I am very picky and only like a specific man at a time. For instance, I'll like one man a LOT but not like 99% of the other men. I'm very selective but not unrealistically.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Why are you single?
Posted : 24 May, 2023 01:58 AM

1) I have to agree with you on the generation thing. I am waayyyy different than my generation. I'm polite, don't use social media, like to talk face to face with people, have different interests, not wildly different but not the same either.

2) I guess I am introverted as well. I don't go out that much to meet people.

3) Every relationship I embark on turns to dust. One boyfriend suddenly broke it off, I've been ghosted, or they only want one thing. I get approached by all of the wrong men.

4) I am very picky and only like a specific man at a time. For instance, I'll like one man a LOT but not like 99% of the other men. I'm very selective but not unrealistically.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
looking for an oldfashoned Christian
Posted : 24 May, 2023 01:52 AM

I think online is one good format or way to meet someone but you will probably find someone better in person in my honest opinion. Too many weirdos online. I've met men so far and they have all been strange in my opinion, including one who suddenly ghosted me after 1 year of talking and meeting up, plus dumb hookup seekers, etc. Maybe join a group or hobby you enjoy and see if you can meet someone that way. Good luck!

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
He changed after I did this, why?
Posted : 22 May, 2023 11:05 PM

Sorry another part I meant to mention is that when it was just me and my coworker he would only talk to them and ignore me. This had happened twice with me and I decided to ignore because he ignored

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Posted : 22 May, 2023 09:37 PM

Also, he normally wears a mask and I notice now he shows his face more around me

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Posted : 22 May, 2023 09:28 PM

I work with a guy and he came to my station recently and one of my coworkers joked and wondered why he visited. He said it was important to him and even skipped his break to help us with something. I noticed he talks to everyone more on a personal level but with me, he is nice but talks to me only really about day-to-day things.

Recently, I decided to ignore him because I took the advice of some people who said I should do so. I started talking to my other coworker and he said goodnight twice and I didn't answer and kept looking away and at my phone. I kept turning my body away. Then another night, he pointed out me buying something and I avoided eye contact, looked down, and smiled.

I guess he could tell I was giving negative body language because when I came back to work, he suddenly approached me and started talking to me. I told him about something that happened unrelated and he seemed like he was trying to figure out if I'd spill why I was mad.

He wasn't exactly mean to me but I noticed he usually talks to me one on one but sometimes says some comments to me when we are in a group, so I thought maybe he didn't know how to talk to me at all. I noticed lately now he's been talking to me more and I am bumping into him a lot too. He recently asked me if I was okay. He seems the nicest to me at my workplace but I was frustrated that he was ignoring me. It seems like he is sorry, do you think he is? I feel awkward now.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Guys never show interest in me, what could be the reason
Posted : 18 May, 2023 10:16 PM

Lately, I've been pondering why no guys ever approach or like me. So far, I was talking to someone online and we met but he ended up ghosting me afterward. Also, I had a man approach me for a hookup which I do not do.

I am looking for a boyfriend and I see all types of women with boyfriends. I never get approached by any men nor do I even attract guy friends. Even a nice guy I could talk to would be good. I'm beginning to think I am unattractive or something like below a 5. I dress nicely at home and at work and wear minimal makeup (eyeliner, mascara, a little concealer, and lip color).

In high school I even had a few guy friends or people interested in me but now nothing.

I believe most people would describe me as friendly, easy to talk to, can be funny, smart, etc. and have lots of interests. Usually, guys will most likely completely ignore me or I will try to talk to them but they end up walking away after making a few comments.

It's just so strange because I wish I can have someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
How can I show this guy that I'm interested?
Posted : 13 May, 2023 11:31 PM

There is this shy guy I like at work and I think he likes me. I've worked here for a while so I've liked him for a while as well. With the group I work with, he talks to everyone pretty well and talks personally with a few of them about them or their life.

With me, we talk but it's mostly work-related things. Only once did he ask what I was doing for New Year's and he said spending with family and told me once about his grandparents. Also, which store he went to. About New Year's someone asked him what he was doing and he told them and copied my response exactly how I said it.

Recently, I tried to ignore him because I notice he doesn't really talk to me. He seemed bothered by it because a few days later he randomly came up to talk to me which he doesn't really do unless I'm at my station.

I talked a bit with him and I could see him listening intently to me. Things he's done with me is: tries to talk to me alone, stares a lot, has touched my arm twice which I've never seen him do with anyone else, smiles, seems very nervous around me, and gets into my personal space sometimes.

I just am wondering how can I ask him personal questions about him? Or should I just let everything flow naturally? How can I show my interest?

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Should I just ignore and carry on
Posted : 5 May, 2023 01:47 AM

Thank you so much NarnianGirl for your kind and informative answer! You really explained it well and I do believe that is exactly what is going on.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
Should I just ignore and carry on
Posted : 1 May, 2023 11:13 PM

I didn't know where to post this question but I'll post it here. At work, there is a man that sometimes will check in with my group and I. I've talked to him a few times but will lightly touch on subjects or he will walk away after making one comment. He usually talks to me a bit about work when I am alone but other than that we don't talk. I always make sure to say hi with a smile, make an effort to talk, and I am very pleasant and approachable. At times when I've asked for help with something he won't really help or will look or act annoyed. At times, he is nice.

I noticed he is always talking to every other girl but me. He asks one of my coworkers how her mom is doing. I got a haircut once and instead he asked my other coworker of mine when she was going to color her hair again because he liked it the other way. Recently, I got a haircut and he complimented another coworker on her new short hairstyle.

Essentially, I'm basically dust and completely ignored. I don't like him in any way romantically. I think though it is inappropriate because he is sort of a manager. I think everyone should be included and talked to, if everyone is going to be talked to.

A few side facts: I did start to ignore him a few months back and he did look surprised. I stopped attending his event that he does a few times a year and he actually stopped doing the event when I stopped going because I thought it was pointless to involve myself with people who dislike me.

Also, when he interviewed me it was for his department and I ended up picking another department I thought I would excel in. I notice he always talks to people in front of me saying he is hiring for his dept. Not sure if he has something against me because of that.

Page : 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13