Author Thread
sisygirl

View Profile
Was it to settle the score of denial?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2014 02:18 PM

I'm glad you shared in details about Peter's character! And yes to a certain extend it does seem like Jesus managed to get through him cause knowing the former Peter, he was suppose to argue that, there's no way he was gonna to be led where he'd desired not to go in verse 18,

�but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.�

I'm not very sure though if it was through fruits of repentance that he taken this prediction silently without arguments like he did when predicted to deny Jesus, or he missed it altogether fore most things Jesus said started to make sense after he ascended to heaven and sent the Holy Spirit.

sisygirl

View Profile
Was it to settle the score of denial?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2014 01:28 AM

I am trying to comprehend this �JEALOUS kind of LOVE� from Jesus when he was too concerned if Peter really loved Him. This was after His overwhelming and distressful ministry has been accomplished...Crucifixion!

Jesus and Peter:

�15�When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, �Simon, son of John, DO YOU LOVE ME MORE THAN THESE?� He said to him, �Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.� He said to him, �Feed my lambs.� 16�He said to him a second time, �Simon, son of John, do you love me?� He said to him, �Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.� He said to him, �Tend my sheep.� 17�He said to him the third time, �Simon, son of John, do you love me?� Peter was GRIEVED because he said to him third time, �Do you love me?� and he said to him, �Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.�

Now Jesus was awaited by His heavenly prize, glory and honour from the Father himself not to mention eternal intimacy in the Father's presence that He should be �bothered� (so to speak) if Peter loves Him. As if asking the same question 3times wasn't disturbing enough, He still emphasised in verse15, �DO YOU LOVE ME MORE THAN THESE?� I believe He was referring to those who were around for breakfast. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Can I kindly ask you to share your background insight of this passage, John 21:15-17 fore I am wondering if it was to settle the score that Jesus should ask Peter the same question 3times cause he denied Him 3different times OR there's something mysterious hidden deep in what I pensive as �jealous love?�

Greetings and welcome to the site

Turton! :waving:

I do hope you'll enjoy your stay with us

sisygirl

View Profile
Do you just pull out and leave...
Posted : 18 Nov, 2014 10:06 PM

It does help thank you! I suppose I'll have to wait until I'm in a relationship to learn and discover myself's nature of expressing affection.

I pondered on this for a while:

�My least favourite way of being shown love is Physical Touch. Lets say that my future husband really enjoys hugging and giving back rubs and holding hands all the time (physical touch), and he thinks that he is showing me how much he loves me by doing that to me and I think he is being SUPER ANNOYING�

Wouldn't it be better if you were to clarify this early when meeting someone you like, being aware that you'll most probably encourage further steps taking place from liking to nourish love development that may occur between the two? Be specific of your ideal love expression (which is act of service and quality time) so you connect and invest in a relevant person who may be incommon with you on this!

I think it will cause misunderstanding if two parties who are in a love relationship are not common in their category of 5languages of love. It may really be disturbing to the other if he/she feels shuttered down when communicating, just cause the other part feels somewhat "annoyed" and "turned off"

I'm taken back to the conversation I had with my cousin sister when she was concerned that her boyfriend has never said in words that, �He loves her too!� Instead he'd find the nearest thing to share instead of communicating verbally which I just learned that it's �word affirmation�

He'll give her a fruit for example, to make a first bite and then he'll also eat from the same fruit. They'll share until it ends! When the other part feels frustrated that she has said that, �She loves you� passionately and all you can do it make me eat a fruit? :excited:

She found it creepy,

When the other part could have meant well!

Much appreciation for educating me on these, had I known earlier I would have shared with her the 5languages of love.

sisygirl

View Profile
Why do you girls change your minds always?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2014 07:52 AM

There's a guy who often views my profile, I decided to reach out through a simple greeting massage only to get a cold shoulder that I couldn't make sense of from a person who views my profile numerous times each week. Only she knows why won't she write back. Will only be assuming and could still be wrong!

sisygirl

View Profile
Posted : 17 Nov, 2014 07:26 AM

Thanks giving for writing back!

The question is not based on a personal encounter, was only something that crossed my mind and triggered an interest on what the ladies have to say on this.

Interesting rely you shared, though I must admit that I'm not really clued up about the 5languages of love. Maybe I should take advantage of this moment and kindly ask you to educate me through a little summary of how different are these types of love and how do they work? Perhaps I can also find myself on what you'll share.

sisygirl

View Profile
Posted : 16 Nov, 2014 09:44 AM

...Him in darkness OR you try and implement change?

It's a new relation that seems to be developing between you and his guy. He reflects such eagerness and willingness to get it right this time though he'd rather not say much about the previous relationships' not working out. You respect his resistance attitude from these subjects, anyway it may not be wise dwelling on conversations about your exes' when you both have a new fragile thing developing here!

But somehow you not feeling at ease as your mind wonders why won't he open up about his past, you wonder from time to time what could have happened? Does it stand a chance of repetition unless spoken about and seeking necessarily help of dealing if not preventing all together?

Until you eventually notice his facial expression when seeing people expressing affection publicly! Can be either through hugging or kissing on cheek or forehead. He perceives it totally inappropriate and feels uncomfortable seeing people doing that. You now have an idea of why he often disconnects and withdraws whenever you're trying to get through him with certain subjects that you feel the importance of talking about.

Weather you decide to stay or you pull out for the sake of your unborn kids growing without experiencing their fathers' affection, fore this hinders the development and a growth of a child. How do you bring this concern to his attention and give guidance of the necessary help without draining the little remaining hope and a courage that he had when he met you? How do you make sure that you don't leave him feeling rejected and disarmed in darkness but rather ensure that his left refreshed and helped weather things do work out or not?

sisygirl

View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving
Posted : 16 Nov, 2014 06:46 AM

May God bless you for your humbled attitude!

A great thanksgiving to you Sir! :glow:

sisygirl

View Profile
Can we be friend after i told him i loved him
Posted : 16 Nov, 2014 06:31 AM

Sweetheart,

How you doing?

I think it's for your own good that you cut off completely especially since it's still early days. You don't have to play strong and prove anything to anyone! Since you know for a fact that you currently won't be able to bear seeing him with other girls, avoid exposing yourself around him. You are still hurt and vulnerable,

Getting over something that has taken time to develop, will surely take as much time to work on overcoming. He was already in your system through your thoughts and several conversations you had with him. You connected during those biblical activities that you both partaked in together. Could have been a spiritual intimacy than a physical connection, still... You connected anyway! Be patient with yourself please dear sis. Give yourself enough time to adapt to that sudden rejection no matter how polite it was presented to you. It still was rejection! Go through whatever time frame it takes you to embrace the paint so you can work on putting it behind you. Exposing yourself in his presence I doubt it's gonna do you any good, atleast not now dear. You don't have to prove anything to him or anyone else for that matter. You're currently hurting... Focus on getting through that!

I'm glad you can talk about it,

That's a first step of healing

sisygirl

View Profile
So true
Posted : 2 Nov, 2014 06:40 PM

"Sometimes people delay marriage because they

are searching for the perfect soul mate. But that

view has it backward. Your spouse becomes

your soul mate after you've made those vows to

each other in front of God..�

I agree with your rough idea of what �soul mate� is,

I'm wondering though if one must commit first before God and then make the other part a soul mate? What's the rush all about that you should rather discover when it's already too late that you don't connect/complement each other very well as friends, prayer partners, as parents, with different cultures etc, that you should be stuck with one another for lifetime out of choice?

I don't think that's a wise manner of laying a foundation for a life time relationship!

sisygirl

View Profile
Joy
Posted : 2 Nov, 2014 05:18 PM

Dude you stupid hey

Your definition in one word is being �stupid!�

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11