Author Thread
Elisa

View Profile
Disheartened
Posted : 19 Mar, 2011 09:35 PM

I hear you. Our emotions are the same, online and off. And you are right, it hurts to hear other folks talking about how many people are chasing them and you (or me) not have any mail in the mailbox.

Maybe you can help change that. You might just be the person with the requisite skills and personality to enhance and improve other people's experience here. Sometimes, giving when others overlook us is kinda like putting a band-aid on the wound. And besides, you get to come into the forums and visit with all the really nice people. :)

Hope to see you around.

Elisa

View Profile
A million dollars
Posted : 19 Mar, 2011 09:29 PM

Nice Tulip, very nice. :)

As for me, I would pay off my student loans as well as those of a couple of friends. Then, get my truck completely restored from the inside out (oh what a delight and treat that would be). After, a friend is working so hard and she and her husband can only afford on vehicle which makes things a bit tough with their work schedules. So, we would go to a dealership and let them each pick out the brand new car of their choice (neither has ever had a new car). Thinking somewhere in there would borrow Tulip's McDonald idea except move it to a local restaurant and simply pay for everyone there one night. A large chunk would go to finish building a school where I used to be a missionary and putting indoor plumbing in the preacher's house. Then a portion would be set aside into a special account where that preacher could draw from each month to support him and his family. They have lived so long in poverty as they serve the Lord. The remainder I would give to my mother. She could do whatever she wanted, go wherever she wanted and just have fun without counting pennies.

Elisa

View Profile
Quarrelsome Women
Posted : 19 Mar, 2011 09:16 PM

Two, what did she say when you told her that her constant disagreeing was driving you batty?

Elisa

View Profile
Would you?
Posted : 19 Mar, 2011 10:24 AM

To put a slightly different focus on your question....or possibly a different perspective (anyoldwho, moving right along).

Some friends and I have never been married, meaning no divorce, no being widowed, no kids. Most men in our age group have been married or fathered a child. Does this mean something in particular for those of us in this situation?

Is there a difference on whether it is a male or female that has not married? If so, what and why? If not, why not?

Anyway, food for thought.

Elisa

View Profile
Under The Big Top!
Posted : 19 Mar, 2011 09:37 AM

the person who does stunts on the bareback horse and a clown. why be mutually exclusive?

i had the opportunity to do both growing up and absolutely loved it. adored working in the circus, but my momma wasn't so enthralled. so, all good things must come to an end.

Elisa

View Profile
Favorite Famous Quotes
Posted : 16 Mar, 2011 09:11 PM

Ana�s Nin: �And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom�

"Look left, look right. If you see it, it's yours." An IT department's motto.

Hunter S. Thompson: "Anything worth doing is worth doing right"

Elisa

View Profile
Birthday Party!
Posted : 13 Mar, 2011 04:31 PM

May you have a blessed and joyful Birthday.

Elisa

View Profile
See if you can help.
Posted : 12 Mar, 2011 10:46 PM

Different organizations might help. By volunteering or working with some groups, you might have a chance to meet someone. Thoughts that pop to mind include the Masonic family, Boy Scouts, the food bank, meals on wheels, and such like that.

You never know what God has in mind. Trust and obey. :)

Elisa

View Profile
Why can't the young and the old find the right person?
Posted : 12 Mar, 2011 10:42 PM

I chaperoned a school dance a bit ago. Yet again, the boys were on one side of the room and the girls the other. Most had their phones out. As you mentioned, they were texting each other rather than walking across the dance floor. This strange behavior was very puzzling. Finally, I asked why. The kids' responses varied from, why not to being tongue-tied. I suppose their fingers and thumbs didn't get tied as easily as their tongues.

Elisa

View Profile
Question for ladies here who are 40+
Posted : 12 Mar, 2011 10:39 PM

A bit off topic, but since you all have beautifully covered the question.....how horrible to be a trophy wife. Can you imagine what that would be like?

The thought makes me very sad for them. Although, conversely, they would likely say the same for me.

Ah well.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10