The speed cop made it with us

And as he wrote out the ticket

I stood by politely a-waitin' for my change

CHORUS

Elisa

View Profile
Sunburns
Posted : 27 Mar, 2011 05:56 PM

to keep the scarring down, corona is your friend. not the beer, but the ointment. it is a yellow and red tub or tube. in it is a yellow paste that is super sticky. that stuff, when applied to ouchies will keep down the scarring. it is also good for keeping down infections and stopping hangnails.

Elisa

View Profile
Sunburns
Posted : 27 Mar, 2011 08:55 AM

Ive only burned twice in my life. Both times, after burning, I got to travel in unairconditioned transportation for days on end (seemed like eternity). Tulip honey, I really feel for you. In the evening when you get back to your evening abode, run a nice cold bathtub full of water. Sadly, you can't soak too long or your skin will dry out more. But, it sounds like you are still out and about during the day...so the cold bath would help take some of the heat from your skin and provide a bit of relief. Praying for your relief from the pain and discomfort soon.

Elisa

View Profile
Sunburns
Posted : 26 Mar, 2011 06:20 AM

Aloe Vera gel (the pure stuff, not the gelatinous goo with 10% aloe) slathered all over helps. It will make you sticky for a bit...but will help the most.

Noxema, the cold cream like face cleaner, sometimes absorbs the heat and gives some relief. Just put it on and let it soak in. When no longer helping, soak it off with damp rags.

Also, a moisturizer like shea butter can keep you from getting crackly (at least to some degree).

Sleep and drinking lots of water helps too. Also, don't exacerbate the burn. Wear loose, cotton clothes that can breathe.For some reason, God made our bodies self-repairing. So, give it the opportunities to do so, and let the body work.

If pain is an issue and none of the above give you any relief, there is an over-the-counter you can get called lidocaine (or somesuch) that doesn't help with the healing, but can keep you from crying when you have to move around.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Elisa

View Profile
Dream A Little Dream
Posted : 25 Mar, 2011 07:08 PM

In ten years I will still be serving the Lord. How will that look? I am not sure. At the moment, God is making major changes in my life. It is pretty exciting.

To hazard a guess, my advocacy for students will continue to grow. Facilitating the opportunities for the cherubs to learn, grow, develop, and bridge cultural chasms will most likely also be a part of my future.

Elisa

View Profile
All girls on this web site, please read me!
Posted : 25 Mar, 2011 12:20 AM

Hi there,

The site once told me that they read emails after a complaint has been made to avoid banning someone wrongly. If your gentleman has been banned, think long and hard about it. There is a really good reason. The rules on this site are not that hard to follow. Considering they let us come here for free, in mho, it behooves us to follow their rules. Someone not capable of doing that sends up serious red flags.

Blessings

Elisa

View Profile
Profile picture- how important is it?
Posted : 24 Mar, 2011 07:02 PM

Posting a picture is not simply a matter of time. To provide another perspective: A teacher I used to work with was fired after a student found her picture online at a dating site. She did not post anything inappropriate, as we all learned after the students printed everything out and brought it to school. The reason given was that her posting was a distraction to the education. Another teacher had a student create a false profile and start a conversation with him. He had no clue he was communicating with a student. This caused him no end of trouble So now, folks think I should use my true name and post my picture on here? Are you nuts? Maybe this limits my options, but at least it limits the chances of me losing my job too. Once I am reasonably sure that someone is not a student, I don't mind sharing a picture. However, we all make choices and choices have consequences.

Elisa

View Profile
To those of you looking for a Proverbs 31 woman
Posted : 21 Mar, 2011 10:14 PM

Well said Chevy.

Elisa

View Profile
What do you want to see in a man?
Posted : 21 Mar, 2011 09:43 PM

First and foremost I want the guy God has planned for me.

After that, he needs to be someone I can respect, trust, and follow....and a real gentleman That is a pretty tall order.

If wishes were fishes, he could rewire a lamp, fix the car, fix the toilet, well goodness, he could fix anything that needed fixing...an all around handy fellow. Plus, he would be educated and able to hold his own in a conversation.

As for looks, that is as immaterial as they come. Hygiene is important, but looks? why? It is the person that is important.

I grew up in the country and am accustomed to gentlemen who can do a little bit of everything. Then, my daddy sent me to college so have an education and have that frame of reference. Combine all of that together and not a clue what that leaves. Which brings it back to the beginning....whatever God has planned will be great. He has wonderful plans and ideas. Serving him is a joy and I will do so happily either alone or with the person he chooses.

Elisa

View Profile
Leaving On A Jet Plane!
Posted : 21 Mar, 2011 09:31 PM

All my bags are packed

I'm ready to go

I'm standing here outside your door

I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

But the dawn is breaking it's early morn

la la la la laaaaaa

Ok, so now I am cuing John on my iTunes.

Anyway, where would I go if I could go anywhere.....around the world. A ticket that let's me fly to any and every country in the world, stay there as long as I like, then head on to the next one. Hey, if I'm going to dream, I'm going to dream big.

So first, it is off to Spain. Then, thinking Peru, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Colombia (etc.) though not necessarily in that order, until I have traveled throughout the entire Spanish speaking world.

Good thing I can take John with me on the laptop....

the taxis waiting he's blowing his horn

Already I'm so lonesome I could cry

la la la laaaaa

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10