Author Thread
Linnie41

View Profile
GAMES WOMEN PLAY - "BE PATIENT" & "HARD TO GET"
Posted : 18 Oct, 2009 10:55 PM

Tarasye, I agree with you completely. It doesn't matter if someone has past emotional scars or not - too much attention and affection too soon (like the multiple messages and phone calls) is FLAT OUT stalking. Period. If someone can't respect my space at the beginning, what on earth would make me think it will get better in time? It will only get worse. I have my own life and although someday in TIME it may join with someone else's life, I still will keep my own identity. I will still want my personal time with my friends, my children, or myself, without my spouse along. And if they can't give me my own time from the get go, then there aren't going to be many follow up dates. (And by the way - this hasn't happened to me very many times - it's obvious from the beginning if he's going to be overbearing and attention needy. Lol. I'd say 90% of the people I've dated in my life also want THEIR time, which works great with me!)

And incidentally, this doesn't always mean the woman has some emotional scars to deal with. Sometimes it just means she's independent and wants the same from the person she's with. Nobody likes to be a babysitter.

Linnie41

View Profile
Humor
Posted : 15 Oct, 2009 02:35 PM

At Sunday School they were learning how God created everything, including human beings. Johnny was especially intent when the teacher told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam's ribs.

Later in the week his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and said, "Johnny, what is the matter?" Johnny responded, "I have pain in my side. I think I'm going to have a wife."

Linnie41

View Profile
When is it stalking?
Posted : 12 Oct, 2009 11:36 AM

As long as you didn't tell him his new living room furniture looked great from his front lawn, I think you're safe as far as being labeled a stalker.

However, I would drop it where it lies right now - if he works 60-90 hour weeks, it could possibly be he's just extremely busy right now.

Linnie41

View Profile
Thanks to ManOGod for Some Comic Relief
Posted : 11 Oct, 2009 06:12 PM

And I meant that in the sense that "he's a keeper on this site." Not that we are involved. ha Ha Ha .... open mouth, insert foot.

Linnie41

View Profile
Thanks to ManOGod for Some Comic Relief
Posted : 11 Oct, 2009 06:11 PM

Yep - he's a keeper! Lol

Linnie41

View Profile
multiple personalities
Posted : 9 Oct, 2009 03:08 PM

I may be schizo, but at least I have each other.

Linnie41

View Profile
What do you do when they play the "Christian" card on you?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 07:33 PM

Honestly, I think if someone said that to me on the phone, my reaction however UNChristian it may be, would still be:

*click.*

Linnie41

View Profile
Should the girl make the first move?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 07:08 PM

If your computer is really slow and you get impatient and hit the "submit" button twice, it follows orders.

Linnie41

View Profile
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 07:07 PM

A also agree with Golden. Give him a little encouragement. :)

Sidebar: It means the pickle is happy. Lol

Linnie41

View Profile
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 07:07 PM

A also agree with Golden. Give him a little encouragement. :)

Sidebar: It means the pickle is happy. Lol

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11