Author Thread
Linnie41

View Profile
Where's your most beautiful location?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 07:04 PM

Anywhere at night, out in the country, where I can look up and see millions of stars shining REALLY bright without the lights of the city interfering. It's awesome and reminds me how small I am compared to God, but how big I am in His eyes that He loves me so.

Linnie41

View Profile
Do you pray at Burger King?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 06:25 AM

I pray in public. Not because I want to come off as "Godly" to others or to remind other people to pray, but I pray because someone that I have never met made the food I'm about to put in my mouth and I'd really like God to be bless it before I eat it.

It's more of a safety thing. Lol

Linnie41

View Profile
What is your favorite internet Christian Music Station?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 06:08 AM

The only station I get out here is KNWC. I do listen to the Refuge and KLOVE online once in awhile, though. I can get in KLOVE when I'm in Sioux Falls and the Refuge when I'm in Brookings, so I'm covered for a pretty big radius! Lol

I didn't make it to to Lifelight this year, either. Same scenario - had to work. One of my best friends from high school went to Lifelight, and her 12 year old daughter took 2nd in the women's 5k!! They won backstage passes and got to meet Lincoln Brewster, Sanctus Real, Remedy Drive, the Newsboys...how cool is that!! I usually go every year and would love to camp out one of these years when my twins are a little older (they're four). Especially if it moves out of Sioux Falls (I'm hoping that doesn't happen).

Hope you get over the crud - I'll check out your post on the latest date!

Blessings,

Lynn

Linnie41

View Profile
Don't understand how to get a girlfriend
Posted : 7 Oct, 2009 07:56 PM

I completely agree with you, I'm 42 and I don't have a clue, either. I'm just not good at being flirty at all. (And at my age, it's REALLY scary, cause there's a good chance they ARE taken. Lol)

Linnie41

View Profile
What is your Worst Date EVER??
Posted : 7 Oct, 2009 04:34 PM

I wonder if it would be rude to start asking guys for at least two references from previous girlfriends. I'm still on good terms with pretty much everyone I've ever dated. Well, except maybe the guy I told you about. Lol

Ahhh...the hidden joys of the internet....

Linnie41

View Profile
What is your favorite internet Christian Music Station?
Posted : 7 Oct, 2009 06:37 AM

I just realized you're from Sioux Falls! I'm out in Madison - small world! Lol

I listen to KNWC quite a bit - I'm sure you've heard of them, though! (Did you make it to Lifelight this year?)

Blessings,

Lynn

Linnie41

View Profile
What is your Worst Date EVER??
Posted : 7 Oct, 2009 02:21 AM

Oh, I can't even begin to top that - I laughed out loud through the whole thing and plan on sharing this with friends. Too funny!!!

I think my worst was when I met a guy in person for the first time that I had talked to a lot on the phone and somehow thought he was a normal decent person. (We too, met online.) We met at a sports bar (this one really was pretty much a restaurant with a bunch of big screen TV's, tap beer and a couple pool tables).

He started the date by showing me a naked picture of Paris Hilton on his phone, and when I reacted, he apologized and said, "I guess I shouldn't have done that." (He thought the picture was funny - I have no idea why). I immediately decided he was an idiot, but didn't want to get up and walk out, although I easily could have and wouldn't have been blamed for it.

We chatted and I don't know how it was possible, but he just got weirder and weirder with every sentence. He told me how much his friends and family were going to just absolutely LOVE me and that I would get along great with his mom. With his MOM. This was maybe 15 minutes into the date.

I asked if he played pool (hoping this would give us something to do so I wouldn't have to talk to him so much) and he agreed to a game. Ever had a guy basically follow you around a pool table saying, 'You're my girlfriend now, right? I mean, we're dating now, right?" I have. I was still nice about it and told him we had just met and we'd see how things went, but I knew it was time to cut this date a little short. (At this point, I really wasn't sure about this guy's mental stability and I didn't want him to go postal on me in a crowded restaurant.)

I excused myself to use the ladies room, called my daughter (who was 19 at the time) and said, "GET ME OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW." She started uncontrollably and said she'd call me in five minutes.

Six minutes later my phone rang (oh yeah, I was counting) and she made it loud enough for him to hear - told me she needed me to come home right away cause she got called into work. I excused myself as politely as I could and when I got home, my daughter was still .

For Christmas that year (oh yes, the whole family heard about this date), my sister bought me a t-shirt with a stick figure girl, and an incredibly goofy looking stick figure guy on it. The caption? "I met him online."

Linnie41

View Profile
Picky, Picky
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 07:46 PM

Love it!!!

Linnie41

View Profile
Is Water Baptism a "Work"?
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 07:45 PM

Can't argue with that, Man of God.

Linnie41

View Profile