Author Thread: How Does the Absence of Christian Morality (Disobedience) Influence One’s Faith? Conversely, How Does Obedience Influence One’s Belief or One’s Faith?
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
How Does the Absence of Christian Morality (Disobedience) Influence One’s Faith? Conversely, How Does Obedience Influence One’s Belief or One’s Faith?
Posted : 15 May, 2021 06:31 PM

Jesus says he will reveal himself to those who obey him. John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them."

Could it be, the absence of obedience negatively influences a person’s love and understanding in such a way as to blind that person from correctly understanding the Bible and his responsibility to God?

Think of this way. When we decide to willingly disobey God, we adopt an antichrist method of thought that actually defends the type of sin we like.

All pro-sin antichrist methods of thought effectively cripple or darken our intellectual ability to reason properly, hence, blinding us into denying the existence of God, fort example.

Please review Romans 1 before responding

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
How Does the Absence of Christian Morality (Disobedience) Influence One’s Faith? Conversely, How Does Obedience Influence One’s Belief or One’s Faith?
Posted : 19 Jun, 2021 01:24 AM

Before a person has the Son of God manifested forth to them, they are to believe, that the one who loves the Son for dying for them, believes they keep His way that brought life from the dead.

After that, Christ comes to be in them, and now they are instructed into all truth without the nee for dishonest guides...

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2021 03:50 PM

Adam, why do you tell people you don’t sin yet you lie about people on the internet, that’s a sin

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jul, 2021 03:58 PM

Another favorite sin of yours is to call God a liar according to 1 John 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves >>>and the truth is not in us.<<<

Verse 10 says, “If we say, “We don’t have any sin,” we make Him (God) a liar, and His word is not in us.

Adam please stop making God a liar!

otismusic

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2021 04:54 PM

It is easy for me to write, He who began a good work, but the reality is this, every day that you struggle with sin, every little victory is one step closer, be not overcome with hatred for the ill of thought, be wise, and be conformed, one moment at a time..you asked a very good question, but remember what happened to Balaam and how his 4 footed friend could talk....there is always a way out even if we do not see or understand...the Most High has a habit of using foolish things, amazing things, the kind of things that get our attention, so that we, although deaf and dull of hearing, can be wise....

otismusic

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2021 05:06 PM

It is easy for me to write, He who began a good work, but the reality is this, every day that you struggle with sin, every little victory is one step closer, be not overcome with hatred for the ill of thought, be wise, and be conformed, one moment at a time..you asked a very good question, but remember what happened to Balaam and how his 4 footed friend could talk....there is always a way out even if we do not see or understand...the Most High has a habit of using foolish things, amazing things, the kind of things that get our attention, so that we, although deaf and dull of hearing, can be wise....

otismusic

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2021 05:07 PM

hey 2 posts for the price of one? the server must be having fun?

Quiznos

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2021 09:12 AM

The english word 'keep' in that Scripture does not mean to OBEY,it means to guard or to keep intact, not to change.

A simple check into a dictionary,or concordance will show this, or check the language it is translated from, find if it is a verb,noun,look to if it is the root word, maybe a primary word, the tense could give understanding.

Then look at other Scripture to see how the same word is used.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2021 11:10 AM

QUIZNOS What do ya know⁉️ The Quiznos goes south to preach his false doctrine against obedience‼️ I never woulda guessed.

Your false word study only moved the ball into the logical fallacy field of “making-a-distinction-without-a-difference” invalid argument.

The obvious idea, (that means ya cant miss it Quiz), is to >>>obey<<<‼️‼️ whatever the word you chose, you should OBEY Jesus!!! You probably didn’t bother reading the full context.

Quiz, read the whole chapter (perhaps for the first time) AND see if that helps. That might be kinda like taking a pill to help a headache. And then call me in the morning—ok

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2021 11:31 AM

Thanks Otis, Great post!! You’re exactly right, I agree!!

Jesus keeps working with us each day conforming us to his likeness. Philippians 1:6 “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”

I like the 2 for one deal! Same thing happened to me the other day. I sent a message but wound up sending 4 of the same message. My send button didn’t seem to respond so I kept pressing.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2021 11:36 AM

Quiznos, didn’t I already explain to you the problem associated with merely checking biblical terminology with only a concordance or an English dictionary ⁉️

Well, I guess repetition is the key, I’ll just post it for ya again in biblical but I can’t read it for ya

Page : 1 2