Author Thread
Hark

View Profile
Shabbat Shalom
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 06:28 PM

Prophetic said:

Galatians 2:20,21: The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

===================================

1 John 3:4

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

So riddle me this, missionary:

IF you believe that Paul abolished the law, and sin is defined as transgression of the law; then there is no sin, as there is no law.

Now for the riddle, lawless one:

If there is no sin; what need of I of grace?

Romans 8:6-7

For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against Yahweh; for it is not subject to the LAW of Yahweh, nor indeed can be.

2 Peter 3:16

He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Hark

View Profile
Shabbat Shalom
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 06:17 PM

Prophetic said:

Galatians 2:14-16: Paul said, When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs? We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' know that a man is NOT justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.!"

===================================

Paul said,

Romans 8:6-7 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against Yahweh; for it is not subject to the LAW of Yahweh, nor indeed can be.

Hark

View Profile
Shabbat Shalom
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 06:03 PM

Prophetic said:

Colossians 2:16,17: Therefore *DO NOT LET ANYONE JUDGE YOU* by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration **OR A SABBATH DAY**!! These are a **SHADOW** of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ!!!

=============================

Really?

I mean you do know, as a missionary. that Paul, as a missionary, wrote that in a letter to his brothers in Colossae as they were coming out of Paganism, and being attacked by Pagans, for doing YHWH's will; NO?

Hark

View Profile
Shabbat Shalom
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 05:11 PM

Prophetic said:

Hebrews 3:13: Encourage one another ***DAILY***, as long as it is called **TODAY**, so that none of you may be hardened by SIN'S deceitfulness.

=================================

1 John 3:4

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the LAW: for sin is the transgression of the LAW.

Exodus 20:8

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of YHWH thy God

OOPS!

Hark

View Profile
Shabbat Shalom
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 05:03 PM

Profetic said:

The last time the NT saints kept the Sabbath was the day BEFORE The resurrection of Jesus as per Luke 23:55,56. The NT saints worshipped and witnessed every day and so every day was the Lord's Day especially TODAY.

================================

Nonsense!

From the verses YOU quoted:

Luke 23:55New International Version (NIV)

55 The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it.

Luke 23:56New International Version (NIV)

56 Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested ON the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.

Look at what happens next! Let's look at a literal version this time, instead of a translation altered by Sun worshiping Pagans.

Young's Literal Translation

24:1 And ON [the first] of the SABBATHS, at early dawn, they came to the tomb, bearing the spices they made ready, and certain others with them,

[ if you look at the Greek; you'll see that even this rendering is incorrect. It should read "Now in the early depths of one of the Sabbaths."]

24:2 and they found the stone having been rolled away from the tomb,

24:3 and having gone in, they found NOT the body of the Lord Jesus.

If Yahshua came to abolish the Sabbath; why did he keep it?

Paul kept the Sabbath long after Yahshua was raised:

Acts 13:14-15

Acts 13:44

Hebrews 4:9

The Sabbath was observed as YHWH commanded, by the disciples of Yahshua; until The Pagan Sun worshiper, Constantine declared that Sunday, the day of Sun worship, would be the new day of rest. He then murdered those who would not submit to his Pagan mandates.

Hark

View Profile
Shabbat Shalom
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 04:07 PM

Prophetic said:

Now in Israel most utilities burn coal which of course lights a huge fire so the Orthodox Jews turn on their lights and heaters a few minutes before the Sabbath begins??? But of course all the Jews and SDA's who do this are increasing the amount of coal utilities burn thus increasing the fires set during the Sabbath.

==============================

Ummm...

Contrary to the common understanding of anti-Torah Trinitarians, those guys down at the power plant don't start a special fire, each time you turn on another appliance in your home. For that matter they don't even have a special fire for each home. Now before you start imagining that the big boss man, down at the plant, has to send in reinforcements, with extra coal shovels, to feed the fire, when you turn on your light switch; he doesn't. The coal feeds automatically, from a hopper.

Hark

View Profile
Shabbat Shalom
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 03:49 PM

Profetic said:

Since car motors have pistons that continually light fires the Orthodox Jews will not drive their cars on the Sabbath but the 7th Day Adventists drive cars to their churches on the Sabbath so according to OT Sabbath laws all SDA members should be put to death. A Sabbath days walk is only about 2/3rd's of a mile so you must not walk or travel over 2/3rd's of a mile on the Sabbath.{Acts 1:12}

===============================

New International Version

Bear in mind that the LORD has given you the Sabbath; that is why on the sixth day he gives you bread for two days. Everyone is to stay where they are on the seventh day; no one is to go out."

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers

(29) Abide ye every man in his place.--Some Jews took this direction absolutely literally, and remained all the Sabbath Day in the position in which they found themselves at waking; but this slavish adherence to the letter was in general repudiated, and the command understood as having forbidden persons to leave the camp on the Sabbath. Hence the "Sabbath Day's journey," which was fixed at six stadia, because that was (traditionally) the extreme distance from the centre of the camp to its furthest boundary.

OOps!

Hark

View Profile
Shabbat Shalom
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 09:20 AM

Prophetic said:

I was a missionairy in Israel and it is quite comical how the Orthodox Jews try to keep the OT Sabbath laws. One OT law states that you should not light a fire during the Sabbath and anyone who lights a fire on the Sabbath shall be put to death as per Exodus 35:2,3. This would of course mean that any Eskimo who lights a fire to keep from freezing to death must be put to death.

================================

You think it's comical to be obedient to YHWH?

You light your fire before Shabbat. You have all week to prepare for Shabbat. If you love YHWH; you'd look forward to it.

As far as your Eskimo friend is concerned:

Luke 14:5 (ASV) And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a donkey or an ox fallen into a well, and will not straightway draw him up on a sabbath day?

Hebrews 5

12Although by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to reteach you the basic principles of God�s word. You need milk, not solid food! 13Everyone who lives on milk is still an infant, inexperienced in the message of righteousness.

Hark

View Profile
Why did Peter get out of the boat to walk on the water towards Mesiah
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 04:56 AM

GNWS Said:

nor is any man

============================

Yahshua is referred to as "son of man" 88 times in the B'rit HaChadashah.

Hark

View Profile
Why did Peter get out of the boat to walk on the water towards Mesiah
Posted : 4 Aug, 2017 07:31 PM

Now straight away Hark said, "Have confidence. I did that already. It is I. Don't worry."

BTW, just in case you were wondering......

I'M NOT YHWH!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10