Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
I Don't Get it....
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 06:11 PM

....ooookay then! That is indeed very bizarre. However - be careful calling up and making excuses, you might scare him off when in fact he may be a keeper (just a keeper with rather bizarre behaviour?) - just trying to be gracious here.

Whether I knew the person or not, I'd be bringing that up pretty quick to try and figure out what on earth was going through their head. Like, I'd be asking.

Now mind you, maybe that's exactly what you're doing - is this a red flag, or just a stupid mistake on his part? Something that can be overlooked?

It just seems it'd be a shame to kill something this soon over something so silly which may have just been a stupid mistake on his part, y'know? Like, there was something else to the story that he didn't know how to explain to you??

I must admit to being just as baffled as you though - that is really bizarre. Does he have a specific budget for dating, and can't afford something else? :rolleyes:

Any other time I can be of absolutely no assistance to you, you just ask away there Zoe.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
why wont women respond
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 06:46 AM

Meh. Every one of us on here has had that experience. Sorry to hear about it - but no, it's not just you. In fact, I hate to say it, but you come to the point of expecting it. Don't let it get you down; the Ladies are experiencing the same thing too. Plus, a lot of times, they just don't get the email or wink - but if you peruse the forums, you'll see that the Ladies strongly recommend sending an email, not a wink.

Keep your chin up - it's a mine field out there, and don't take it all too personally.

God bless

Ian

ian777

View Profile
I'm not ready.
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 06:44 AM

Ouch! Thanks for sharing. There's not much to add or comment really, you've said it all. I just lost my dad last year to a long-term illness, and it was brutal seeing him in ICU literally for months on end, hooked up to every machine under the sun.

If your mother's saved, then I gotta tell ya, there's not a whole lot more you can ask for, because death will come. I don't know if being warned it's coming iis a good thing or not. I think it would be a good thing, because you can say your goodbyes.

My dad knew he was going to die when they transferred him to Ottawa - he wouldn't let them take him in the ambulance until the whole family was there and he said goodbye. I didn't know that would be the last time I'd see him alive, so I'm glad we said goodbye.

At least you get to say goodbye and get to say the things you want to say Lynn. I was having one of my emotional fits last week, thinking about how I didn't honour my Dad enough while he was alive. Sure, I'd call him on Father's day, but never told him "thanks" for the oh-so-many things he taught me; I just didn't think of it, that's all.

It sounds like you have a good relationship with your mother; that's great - my Dad and I didn't have a good relationship until late in life - a miracle from the Lord who did a lot of work in both of us.

Praying for you Lynn,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Confused Somewhat...
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 06:33 AM

Hey Miss Christie;

sorry for this, but I got confused by your post - who said what and who was thinking what? I know, I know - it's annoying you can't edit these posts after you've made them. There's a lot of grammar and missing "I"'s, "he"'s and such, and I got lost as to who was saying/thinking/wondering what...?

Could you reiterate again?

Thanks,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
What are mind games?
Posted : 9 Sep, 2009 07:30 PM

haha! Yup - "NEXT!"

There's lots of guys out there, and you're a great gal Lynn, you'll find each other.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
I don't get the "fear" God thing....
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 05:41 AM

It's a good question; I have an unusual perspective I give in my talks. You see, I'm a robotics engineer by trade. I've been building robots since before I was a teenager. So I relate being a creator to building my robots; as it says in Revelations, "all things were created for His pleasure."

It pleases a creator to create - it's fun.

So now envision if you will, that I create a whole wack of robots. Their job is to do nothing but build other robots. So if a robot comes off the assembly line missing a bolt, and it's arm doesn't work, does that mean the assembly line had no creator? Of course not - and so the arguments of the atheists saying that sickness and disease proves there is no God is just as bogus.

But now I even give these robots free will. Imagine the pandemonium this would wreak on the assembly line; the actions of one robot (who decides to do differently than what I instructed him to do) affects ALL of the other robots, the environment, and the production on the production line.

Now I, as the creator, can simply step in and clean up the mess, if this robot turns from its ways and does what I told it to in the first place. In such fashion, our Creator God can (and does) occasionally step in to clean up the consequences of our free will - but usually he just calls upon us to change our ways, obey Him, and clean up the mess we made, or live with the consequences.

So now, with my robots, these are MY robots - I can do anything I want with them or to them, they're MINE. I own them. It does not make me an "evil" creator if I go and dismantle ("kill") one of MY robots - I created it, it belongs to me, I can do whatever I want.

Or, if I instruct one robot to go dismantle another one, does that make me an evil creator? Nope - they're my robots, I can do whatever I want, and thus the atheists' arguments that God is an evil God for instructing the Jews to go and slaughter entire cities is also bogus.

However, if one of my robots, of its own accord, goes and destroys another of my robots, it is my very right to do something about that, and to destroy that robot, should I so choose.

But I don't like dismantling my robots - each one has a very special place to me; each one is unique. Consider that a crude form of "love" - the Father's love for us is much greater.

But put yourself in my shoes for a second: Those robots should fear me. It is *nothing* for me to destroy them in the twinkling of an eye - I built them, I can shut them down permanently with the flick of a switch; and I know where the switch is! Ya, you better believe they should fear me!

Now envision one of these robots (like an atheist) starts lipping off to me, rejecting me, resenting me, insulting me, trying to get the other robots to hate me as well.

Is it wrong or evil of me to destroy that robot? Nope. It's MY robot, I can do whatever I want, and that neither makes me good nor evil. The fact that I would put up with it because of my crude form of "love" for my creation I think would speak volumes of my character, and would stand as a lesson to the other robots.

In many of the same ways, we are a rebellious lot - even those of us who follow Him. We have our selfish, hidden motives, etc... and our rebellious streak. God could, in the twinkling of an eye, turn off our power switch and we could do nothing about it. That's good reason to fear. But as it was said in the Chronicles of Narnia "Of course He's dangerous - He's a lion; but He's a *good* lion"

I, like so many here, am just so grateful to my Father God for his graciousness to me, in forgiving me of my sins, and patiently working a good work in me. I turned my back on Him for many years, rejected Him, told Him to get lost - and yet He still loved me. "While we were yet sinners" He loved us. He is such a good Creator God.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
TAVISTOCK - How the Elite Plays God
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 05:12 AM

Oh, I'm here Lynn, but sadly - I don't think there's much to be said that hasn't already been said.

Xdelusion; you said that the "son of God" story has been around forever - what are your references on this please?

Ian

ian777

View Profile
A Special Thanks to Cattleman2011....
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 04:39 AM

Amen - sayin' it like it is.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
What are mind games?
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 04:36 AM

Aw Lynn, I'm sorry to hear that - I was really hoping for you too.

I had one lady do that to me; I considered it the Lord revealing to me what was going on in secret. So cold comfort I know, but at least the Lord showed you what was going on.

I'll keep praying for you.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Humility
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 07:15 PM

Hey thanks eh, Shunammite. Sadly, I hit the road again tomorow morning. Going to stand in a friend's wedding in Oh-Hi-Oh.

Yup, get to go be with a bunch of people I don't know, to watch someone I know get married to someone I don't know...then go home single again....

But I'm not bitter.

'sokay, I'm only kidding 'round. :ROFL:

Ian

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10