Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
Why do guys do this?
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 07:15 PM

Ugh. Sorry to hear that Miss Christy. No words of advice for you, other than to just ride it out and keep trying. That's too bad. Keep us posted so we can pray for you.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g my faith
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 07:13 PM

Hello Miss Carey, and welcome to CDFF.

Ya, it was a s-t-r-e-t-c-h for me too when I got onto these online matchmaking sites - but at the same time, it's turned out to be a huge blessing in many ways. There's a learning curve, but you're doing the right thing hopping on the forums.

God bless,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Hoping for the best
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 07:11 PM

Hey Samieka,

Welcome to CDFF and to the forums - I think you'll find in many ways it's better than hitting the "dating" scene in person.

God bless you in your search!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Hey there peoples
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 07:10 PM

Hey welcome brother - good to see you posting on the forums; this is the best way to meet people here.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
I Need More Than Just A Picture
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 04:24 PM

If he gives you attitude, send him to me, I'll give him an attitude adjustment... (grin)

Ian

ian777

View Profile
I was in Deep yesterday...
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 10:55 AM

Hey congrats Jim! And good to see you back out here on the forums again.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
looking but no emails
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 10:46 AM

Ya, you gotta remember - people can be looking at your profile for a lot of different reasons - although I agree, if it's like, 5 or 6 views, it kinda makes you wonder.

I don't give much credence to views personally.

Someone else (Zoe?) suggested sending an email with "BOO!" written in it.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
I Need More Than Just A Picture
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 10:44 AM

Pffft - I've run into the same issue with ladies. Like WRITE SOMETHING. I agree - like, I know it's hard to write profiles and stuff, but c'mon - give us something to go on.

I like the recommendations made so far - although I'm a brutally honest kind of guy myself, not intending to be rude, but c'mon! Why should I respond to someone who writes a one-sentence email, or sends a wink, and they're profile says even less than the wink did???

On the other hand, if you say nothing, then these guys, or whoever it is, *never improves their profile.* And so they're going to have the same problem - somebody's gotta tell them sooner or later...

Ian

ian777

View Profile
looks and weight
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 09:55 PM

Hey angel,

I have to agree with ole cattle - although I don't even READ profiles without a picture. But there is some ladies that I did get turned off by their looks - I can't put my finger on it; and no, it's not that I didn't think they were pretty enough, there was something about their appearance that came across as a red flag. (Just trying to be brutally honest here with myself and everyone else) That also included a PILE of skinny, drop-dead gorgeous ladies whose profiles I looked at. Their looks set off alarm bells, and some of the time, I couldn't even tell you what it was that bothered me.

This guy also may have been sincere in what he said about just slowing down though. And - this is the down side to the online matchmaking thing - you have NO idea what on earth is going on on their end. While there's a lot of things I really, really like about the online dating scene, this is the biggest thing that gets me down. You just don't know what's going on on the other end. It may have nothing to do with your pictures, but something else coincidentally came up at the same time - i.e., he met someone else.

Did you meet this guy on a christian dating site?

Try to keep your chin up, don't get too discouraged (we're all here for you - keep posting to the forums!) and I agree with Cattle - put yourself out there all the more. Here's the other thing - I went and looked at your profile - you literally have nuthin' on there! You gotta give the guys a reason to contact you, give them something to get the conversation started, give them something to go on. Be bold - post away, then let us no here so we can take a look and make suggestions. Find a nice shot of yourself in the brightest dress you got, post it as a profile picture, and don't let your size and looks think it's going to slow you down - be confident. That'll get attention.

God be with you in your search,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
TAKING A BREAK
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 07:15 PM

We'll miss you k!

Come back and visit when ya can.

Ian

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11