Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
Something I've noticed...
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 10:28 PM

I can't believe that I stepped out and wrote to you - and then you spread it all over the internet and call me a wierdo!

Okay, okay, I'm just joking everyone, it wasn't me -honest!

Naw, duchess - don't sweat it. There is, unfortunately, the odd person here and there who will take things you say personally...or write wierd things like this guy apparently did. I mean, telling a girl that the Apostle Paul told you to "shut up?" Bizarre - and claiming to be a famous missionary? There's some serious insecurity issues going on there.

But guess what? You'll run into them in the real world too! Isn't that exciting? :laugh:

I just recently met (in person) what I thought was a lady who was like, WOW, to me. But after meeting her and having lunch with her, I walked away with fifteen bazillion questions about her - all of which would've been answered on the profiles of this christian dating site.

So we spoke on the phone a few times too, and sure enough - all my questions started getting answered, and I was disappointed - there was NO way this would ever work out.

I mean, it's okay and all - she's a great gal, and I'll happily carry on corresponding with her and being a friend, but it brought home - again - why I like these christian matchmaking sites so much - everything is right up front, 9 times out of 10 you know right away if there's something that just won't allow it to work, y'know?

So keep yer chin up, and don't let these things discerge ya!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
From a Physical Perspective
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 09:01 PM

Man.... but I like, live in my van for DAYS on end! :ROFL:

Okay, I do try to get clean, even when on the road.

it's also good to note so many ladies like, or at least don't mind, the bald look - 'cause I'm getting there quick like! I figer I'll just get to the point like Joe Satriani did, and just shave it all off - but I don't want to frighten little children.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
soooooooooooo ok
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 10:55 AM

Haha! Well, if yer bored, this is the place to come to - hey have a great, bored day eh!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
More Compelling Evidence of Design!
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 06:19 PM

Very interesting! I'm gonna have to include this in my next newsletter!

Thanks.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
TOP 3 THINGS GIRLS CAN'T STAND ABOUT GUY'S
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 06:14 PM

Hey K,

Good to see you again, though sorry to hear about your troubles.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Scammers
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 06:08 PM

The native Indians used to have a numbering system that went like this:

1, 2, many.

I have had MANY scammers approach me. Yes, I am a guy.

I think a lot of these scammers are men posing as women.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
NO INTERNET!!! GASP!!!
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 08:16 PM

I didn't know where else to put this - I'm in the boondocks at a bible camp in Alberta, where I'm speaking to a wack of teens this week - please pray.

But guess what? There's NO INTERNET HERE!!!!!! I've been without internet for a couple of days and I'm already starting to get the shakes from withdrawal; I had to borrow someone's 3G stick just to get on - so I probably won't be back here for a week or so :-(

I'll miss y'all!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
THE WINK
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 04:23 PM

Zoe - I really like what you wrote there, and I think you hit the nail on the head. I'm writing this from experience receiving winks from women. A wink just comes across as physical attraction, whereas if they take the time to write, you can see that there's more to it than just a physical attraction. Ya - it gives the impression that they *read* your profile.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
would you be offended if....
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 08:47 PM

Hmmm.... both responses show that maybe he perhaps had a few too many beers. But I hope you'll be patient with our brother; obviously he meant it as a compliment, and sometimes, guys just don't know how to approach a woman. I know I'm still trying to figure it out - but I agree, it's like something you'd hear in a bar.

In the end, you gotta tell him it was offensive. Maybe "obnoxious" was too strong a word, but then again - what word are you going to use? All of them are going to make the guy think you're too uptight.

One thing for certain, his response speak volumes I think. He was the problem, but blamed you as the problem.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
dear folks
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 08:23 PM

Amen! ANd it's such a pleasure to have you around ole cattle. It's been excellent fellowship here, and you're a big part of that.

Ian

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14