Author Thread
ian777

View Profile
child support woes and more
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 09:33 AM

That's rough Jackie! Sorry to hear that, praying for you, and asking the Lord's provision for you.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Quick update on Tristan (Alex)
Posted : 5 Oct, 2009 05:38 PM

Heard from Alex today, he's better now, staying with a friend. He's on and off line, we're gonna touch base later, but he did drop me a note real quick to say he was alive and doing well.

We'll keep praying for him.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Was taken in by a fraudster on here
Posted : 5 Oct, 2009 08:16 AM

Hey Merilee,

Yes - some of those scammers can be *very* slick; there was one that had me strung on the line for a very long time. But don't feel bad - you spotted him. Good for you, and thanks for sharing, it'll be a good lesson to the other ladies on here.

Glad you didn't get taken for too much of a ride.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
prayer request update
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 07:51 PM

Hey Cattle,

Just catching up on the forums - I missed this. So Sorry to read of your accident, but glad you're doing better. Did you get the hay baled at least?

Praying for you,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Tristan 07 (Alex)
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 07:59 AM

Egads - I'll drop him a line. Praying for you Alex!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
a call to death
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 06:07 PM

Been there sister, and ya, that's the way I'd describe it when I escaped from suicidal tendencies: I did commit suicide; I died to self that Christ may live through me.

It's a long walk out - there's a really good website I stumbled onto just last night dealing with this:

http://www.christianadvice.net/christian_depression_help_advice.htm

Hopefully the link will go through - it was really well written, simple, well thought-out.

God bless you in your walk,

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Needs Advice
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 05:46 PM

Hey Tk,

And ALL of the other ladies on this site: I just had a friend of mine recommend a book, which I read through. WOW. I aint a girl and it impacted me!

It's "Captivating: Unveiling the mystery of a woman's soul" By Stasi and John Eldredge. WOW. It'll help you walk through a lot of what you're facing TK - it's really really good. I actually got my copy used from Amazon for $3 (shipping was $6 - pfffft!). I'd really recommend it ladies; profound, biblically based insight into the place of the woman on earth, why such a specific attack against women as a whole by the enemy, what true beauty is - I mean, it was really, really good stuff.

I think it'll help you through your hurts TK, and give you a renewed boldness to get out there, even being willing to make yourself vulnerable and hurt again.

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Goodbye...
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 08:12 PM

I only got here now! So sorry I missed Zoe; did anybody get contact info for her? If you did, would you mind contacting me privately?

You'll be missed Zoe!

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Confused Somewhat...
Posted : 11 Sep, 2009 07:13 AM

OoooOOoOohhhh! Gotcha. Well that could be just plain and simple discernment! The Holy Spirit showing you something. The question is, are you supposed to tell him, or just sit back and pray that he gets the same feeling and figures it out?

Or (to be provocative) is it just a little bit of jealousy...? I'm not suggesting anything! Honest! I'm just asking a brutally honest, thought-provoking question to get you to examine yourself, nothing more, nothing less. I know I like it when my friends do that to me (grin)

Ian

ian777

View Profile
Confused Somewhat...
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 06:16 PM

Okay, lemme see if I can figer this out then: You get a wierd feeling being around him? Like he wants more than friendship, but you said it's friends only? you think he was referring to you when he said there was a girl who is convinced she should marry him?

I'm still trying to sort out heads and tails of what you're saying - sorry about that.

Ian

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10