Author Thread
Mercymay

View Profile
Do you ever feel down? What do you do about it?
Posted : 15 Sep, 2013 04:15 AM

singing along to praise and worship always lifts me up whenever I feel down...also,i love playing worship songs i can sing along while driving, it makes the time more worthwhile and never minding the traffic...

Mercymay

View Profile
Broken Family Syndrome-Its an epidemic in the US :(
Posted : 8 Sep, 2013 09:35 PM

Parenting is one serious responsibility and most couples going to be married is not educated in what parenting really means. Rather than law on regulating sex which seems impossible to impose, I would like provisions on education for parenting, child care, husband/wife care etc. Maybe psychological testing before getting married be made a must.

Mercymay

View Profile
Basic requirements
Posted : 8 Sep, 2013 09:13 PM

Basics..before going offline here at cdff?

I prefer to exchange emails here at cdff before communicating in personal emails. I think the most basic thing to ask for is genuine interest in knowing me more. What if he is comfortable being retired and don�t need a job? What if he did not have a GED but is educated by the world? What if he doesn�t drive? But he is interested in me, lol!

Mercymay

View Profile
Filipina Only Date a Foreigner
Posted : 8 Sep, 2013 08:43 PM

@dkj255

It is biblical that the poor will always be around. Maybe there are lots over here but there really are lots who have improved their way of life also if we call eating at fast foods compared to eating boiled legumes an improvement in ones status.

I think a picture of an African poor is more dramatic because of the place which seems to be barren, not easy to grow food. Whereas here in the Philippines, the soil is conducive to gardening and add to that our beautiful season. We are naturally very rich in natural resources , we are very poor in leaders that have vision to enrich each and every Filipino.

Every time I watch this video of our past Pres. Marcos visiting the USA welcomed by no other than Pres. Reagan and the First Lady http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez_L43mXeiA , I go teary eyed. That was once the Philippines and I believe, God willing, we could still rise to that level�

Mercymay

View Profile
who is a human female?
Posted : 8 Sep, 2013 08:16 PM

What makes a human female?

Well, first it is from her that children comes, no male can ever give birth. The coming together of ovum and sperm can be done naturally or artificially but for gestation, a womb is still needed and that is the human female. I don�t know yet if there are machines that can replace that.

Second, I believe as the one giving birth, it is in her nature as more nurturing. I remember caring for my daughter, I had the patience then to carry her whichever way she is comfortable and go to sleep even if it means I have to hold her all night. So in general I can say that human female are more nurturing.

Third, this refers to my biblical understanding of what a female be to a male. She is created to be a man�s partner, his equal but not superior. I believe in every man�s success there is a woman behind and also the other way around. I believe in following the biblical role of a female it is largely affected by culture. Most Filipinas are culturally submissive and so I think the biblical role is easily satisfied.

Mercymay

View Profile
living with parents
Posted : 7 Sep, 2013 08:12 AM

why not? the house will be so empty without them...

in general, home for the aged here is unheard of...parents live with children's family till death...the "normal" I believe depends on ones culture.

Mercymay

View Profile
Mine was broken, and it sucked the life out of me!
Posted : 5 Sep, 2013 10:57 PM

singing or singing along to praise and worship songs helps... heals from within...

Mercymay

View Profile
Filipina Only Date a Foreigner
Posted : 5 Sep, 2013 10:32 PM

As a Filipina and a mother to two young ladies I do wish them to marry Caucasian men. But sad to say that ever since they were little girls when I started to joke about it and up to the present they are not interested. My eldest one also expressed she don�t want to marry and never had a boyfriend.

Why Caucasian? Almost all our movie stars here are half breeds. A Filipina, even if she look like a monkey to some, if married to a Caucasian seems to produce a work of art. Also, to my observation, those who have foreign husbands tend not to age compared to their friends/peers married to local drunkards, wife beaters, idle gamblers. Their peers looked haggard and 10 or 20 years older compared to the balikbayan with kids looking like movie stars. Make a survey in the barangays for this reality all over our 7100 islands and you can�t fault if there are those who wish not to age and dote on movie star kids.

When I was young, in my teens, I was afraid of the idea because I was focused on a news I heard that so and so married to a foreigner was killed for insurance...scary. Nowadays, that possibility is buried with the many success stories.

Mercymay

View Profile
Filipina wears short shorts and jeans with holes in them
Posted : 5 Sep, 2013 09:56 PM

I am a Filipina, was a Catholic, and now with �born-again� Christians. Being one, I think there is a need to distinguish which fold your �Filipina Christian Sister� is. It is easy to sin being Catholic because all you need to do is confess to a priest who will tell you to pray some hail mary�s and your sin is forgiven. Being born again, there is that inside conviction that God is watching you all the time, a reverential fear. Though I believe religion does not define ones faith, and that it is personal. There maybe Catholics who also has reverential fear and don't commit sin as easy.

So is this common for Filipino Christian Women?...depends. Though there are lots of modernized young ones, there are still lots of conservative ones. What I observed is that, it seems like foreign nationals marrying Filipinas demand of them to showcase, wear skimpy clothes around you can see their discomfort. It is not common here that we tend to stare. There are times I am one of those who stare to admire, sometimes in pity seeing the girl�s discomfort and caused it to be not suitable for her.

�it�s the style�media redefine our conservatism.

wearing short shorts or jeans with holes in them depends on where it is worn...at the beach? to sleep? be comfortable? I don't see any wrong with that. If it is worn among dominantly susceptible male companions then maybe it is to entice the flesh ...

Mercymay

View Profile
I am so confused. Please help.
Posted : 9 May, 2013 02:55 AM

Maybe, just like what defendthefaith stated, she belongs to a church that is strictly KJV only. I had the experience of attending such church and their idea is that other versions corrupted the promises of God...I find the church leadership so judgmental. So just move on, I believe you did no wrong.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10