Author Thread
Mercymay

View Profile
Found a Great Pastor with Online Resources about Christian Dating and Relationships!
Posted : 12 Dec, 2013 08:46 AM

We are so blessed with the technology...I've been enjoying sermons of Joel Osteen and Joyce Meyer...

Mercymay

View Profile
How I Moved On
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 10:59 PM

Just be yourself and prove her wrong. Let her realized what a great opportunity she missed, lol! Well, there are a million reason why she rejects and it might not be about you. Maybe also God reserve you for someone else�never know.

Also I believe, if you truly like someone, you cannot just put it on and off because she rejected you the first time. I think being persistent will work and it is biblical.

Mercymay

View Profile
False Confidence vs. True Confidence
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 10:29 PM

True, the still one is tougher at first glance. I think true confidence is a combination of physical, emotional, spiritual confidences and these three varies at different stages of life greatly influenced by our experiences. Blessed are those who are in a nurturing environment. I believe also that it is never too late to ask God to also be blessed and favored.

Mercymay

View Profile
False Confidence vs. True Confidence
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 09:29 PM

I believe self confidence is of varying intensity as we go through life. I think I was more confident when I was younger. And for me, to portray the difference of false and true confidence is� if someone say something bad about a person and that person tend to dispute it verbally, that is false confidence. True confidence is to never mind the accusation and just prove them wrong by actions. Politicians now tend to have false confidence blah blah blah and doing the opposite and people tend to stop thinking and politicians get away with it. Where am I? lol!

Mercymay

View Profile
Dating after abuse??
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 09:07 PM

Dating after abuse�.reading about your circumstances I felt puzzled and I believe there has to be a definition of what an abusive relationship is. You married young and was dependent on your preacher husband and now being single parent learnt to be independent. I wonder if what triggered the abuse was the extent of your previous dependency. I am fond of watching dr phil show and I just also try to analyze the situation. And what I think is, IF your ex is not yet hitched on someone else and still want to be with you and you also have not found someone else, maybe there is chance of the two of you reconciling, maybe this time it will work with some maturity and growth. I believe a relationship with someone else other than your ex is not a guarantee it will work, you might find your ex a better man than the new one. I think it is best for the children. Unless the abuse here is short of losing your life, those by over jealous men, low self esteemed, who tend to commit crimes of passion. My experience a long time ago was in that category.

Mercymay

View Profile
How Our Mindset Factors In
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 01:13 AM

I think our �mindset� changes from time to time sometimes affected by our encounters with other people. Like I was already thinking of giving up meeting my one last chance, starting to believe maybe God wills it that I am better off single. Then I read the testimonials again, and really it lifts me up, I am happy for them who made it, again maybe not for me, lol! And then I come to this testimonial I think dated January 29, 2013 if my recall is not mistaken, a beautiful success story, for me well written, I enjoyed reading. Really it changes my �mindset� to wait for my one last chance.

If we see what we want to see, why not condition our eyes to see agreeable sight? It is biblical that we strive to focus on what is beautiful, good, etc...to think about such things.

Mercymay

View Profile
Who else doesn' t want children?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 12:55 AM

Well, in the near future you might change your mind on not having children. Having my daughters is one of the best things that keeps me going.

I think what most people don�t like about having them is the long term responsibility, and it is really huge. It affects a lot, almost everything in life. God design us women to have them. For me having children made me responsible, strong, pushed me to keep trying to be someone for them to look up to, developed my faith and trust in God. I tried to live my life the way I want them to live theirs.

In retrospect, the most worthwhile I did in life is raising my daughters and it took a lot of prayers and hard work and I am happy and blessed with the parenting experience I am honored to have.

Mercymay

View Profile
Single Foster Mom
Posted : 7 Nov, 2013 06:53 AM

Parenting or foster parenting is a lot of responsibilities. It is a joy I believe, based on my experience, dependent on the attitude of the child. Right now I am parenting for my 14 year old niece and really, I experienced headaches which I have not experienced with my children. I found out it is much easier to just send financial support than having her live with us. As I see it, even if she does not grow with her parents, she really inherited their attitude and it keeps me wondering. Every now and then it is a struggle keeping her in the path I believe is right and best for her. It is a long term commitment (no government involve) knowing abandoning her is also abandoning her future.

As I understand in your case, foster parenting has lengths of time and so issues like instant family and affordability can easily be resolved. If you feel it�s your calling, try it, it is a challenge, will strengthen you and make you grow. More power!

Mercymay

View Profile
ADHD, ODD, PTSD, Aspberger's Syndrome, etc.
Posted : 7 Nov, 2013 06:21 AM

From experience, being a single mom myself, it was really hard to be strong always which in our case is to provide food and shelter and emotional support as paternal support is not mandatory here and there is no government support as well. So single mothers ( it is common here for mothers to be the single parents) has to provide all the needs of the children. From the start of my being single parent when my youngest and second child was 6 months old, I already resolved that I will not seek for another man to take the father role for them. I was more afraid that if I am wrong I am just exposing them to the risks of being molested. I prayed and trust the Lord will provide, keep us safe, provide me knowledge and ways how to raise my children well. My prayers are answered.

About meeting a willing man to complicate his life I think that is more wishful thoughts. So I suggest don�t give much hope on that although if God wills it, it will happen. So pray and strive to follow God�s commands and God will give the desire of your heart as promised.

I would like to share that I usually pray over my children using the Aaronic or priestly blessing in Numbers. I can guarantee you it is effective, I have tried it and am using it with my children. My children even in return use it on me. They will pray over me using those verses and I do feel strengthened. Always remember God will not give us troubles beyond our capacity to bear. So be strong and trust God.

Mercymay

View Profile
Auction
Posted : 17 Sep, 2013 07:16 AM

Auction�I just watched an episode of WhiteCollar where gentlemen were auctioned off to wealthy women and I can�t imagine what a pitiful world those women are in if such an activity has some reality. Money cannot always buy happiness.

In some way yes, dating is like auction, one have to stay within her/his means if one can control to be always practical. But I think there are times that chances of seeing �the one� even if he/she happens to be above or below this �within ones means� will push one to pursue, well, if I were a man, I think I will just do that. Unlucky for me, I happen to be a woman and I believe it is against my dignity to pursue at this stage. Whereas in marriage a woman�s interest to pursue on making the bond stronger is I think more dignified.

I read in a profile here that states.. .�Falling in love is by chance, staying in love is by hard work, falling out of love is by choice.� � and I strongly agree. I am on here hoping to meet my chance.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10