Author Thread
JamesEG

View Profile
Christian Men on CDFF
Posted : 25 Nov, 2019 02:04 PM

Many dating websites offer the option for friendship or "anything." They want to attract various persons.

Also, a romantic date is just one type of date. The dictionary notes that other types of social meetings can be dates.

Ideally friends can enjoy activities with a person who shares common, goals, interests, and morals. At some point it may or may not lead to romance. First things first.

Friendship before emotional romantic attraction is best as I see it, if persons have the discipline for it.

JamesEG

View Profile
Christian Men on CDFF
Posted : 17 Nov, 2019 10:37 AM

Checking "Anything" seems a logical choice for a person seeking a variety of things such as: more acquaintances, casual friends, close friends, a dating relationship, marriage, etc.

Many people on the site seem desirous of rushing into romance without taking the time to know a person well or develop a friendship with common goals, interests, and morals.

Also, many seem not to have dealt effectively with their own baggage from the past (divorce, death of a spouse, etc.)

JamesEG

View Profile
Do you enjoy giving?
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 11:06 AM

Well stated, cupcakeme.

JamesEG

View Profile
Questions for over 50
Posted : 16 Nov, 2019 11:03 AM

Byys, no I haven't checked on the "motor assist." I am blessed to be healthy enough to bicycle. And I enjoy the quiet relaxing exercise of bicycling. And, I walk and use the bus more than bicycling. Fortunately, my bicycle commutes are typically less than two miles when I use it for that purpose. I may check into it sometime later though.

JamesEG

View Profile
Questions for over 50
Posted : 15 Nov, 2019 09:14 AM

In rural areas a car is more necessary than in urban areas.

But, even in rural areas a car is less important than basic necessities like food and housing, especially if one lives near a grocery or has good friends, relatives, and/or neighbors with a car nearby.

JamesEG

View Profile
Do you enjoy giving?
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 10:11 AM

As for holidays, Christmas and Thanksgiving are my favorites for giving, but I seek giving to be a year round thing. Charities often receive their largest donations during the Christmas season, but face major needs at other times.

JamesEG

View Profile
Do you enjoy giving?
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 10:09 AM

Certainly, cupcakeme, I enjoy giving. I think giving to others is an important part of Christianity.

Though I don't tithe to a particular church congregation or denomination, I do seek to give regularly to charity.

I make small donations to a couple of local charities (a homeless shelter and a food pantry) as well as a couple of international charities (Doctors Without Borders and CARE).

I also make very small donations to churches I visit, etc.

Though I typically don't give money to those who ask, I do sometimes give a bus pass to persons who ask for one or food to those who say they lack it.

I also refer persons to local organizations like a food pantry, homeless shelter, etc., where they can get aid.

JamesEG

View Profile
Questions for over 50
Posted : 14 Nov, 2019 10:02 AM

Many older people lack the vision, reflexes, etc., to drive.

Many consider a car an unnecessary financial expense.

Personally, I walk, bicycle, ride the bus, and occasionally take a taxi, rent a car, or ride with friends.

I know people who work honest jobs who walk, bicycle, or bus to and from work.

I also hear rumors about persons with expensive cars who paid for them with money gotten illegitimately or who are still paying on their cars and are a few paychecks from having their cars repossessed.

With Uber, Lyft, taxis, buses, planes, rental cars, etc., many living in large cities find cars unnecessary.

To me financial stability and good money management is more important than whether or not a person owns a car.

However, I realize many girls from high school age onward seek a man with a car to take them places.

JamesEG

View Profile
Christian Men on CDFF
Posted : 13 Nov, 2019 01:03 PM

1. integrity

2. common interests

3. common goals

I am writing on the spur of the moment, but I think integrity is definitely #1 (honesty, truthfulness, submission to the highest righteous authority God).

If two people are to devote much time together, it's also great if they share many common interests.

If two people share common goals it's even better. I'm talking about career goals, whether to have children, where to relocate to or live, etc. #3 is more important for a serious relationship. #1 and #2 are more basic to friendships.

JamesEG

View Profile
Why do men View over and over just looking?
Posted : 5 Nov, 2019 10:31 AM

I'm not sure why persons view the same profile repeatedly without sending a message.

Sometimes a person will view my profile, and I will view theirs in return. But I don't send a message if:

(1) I don't meet the age or other qualifications to reply.

(2) I don't feel we share enough in common (i.e. different, goals, interests, morals, etc.).

Sometimes I forget what a profile said or forget what it looked like, so if a person views my profile again, I will in turn view theirs again. But, typically that is only two or three or perhaps four total views.

To get back to the original question, I do not know why persons view a profile several times without sending a message.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10