Author Thread
JamesEG

View Profile
Friendship First or Friendship Only
Posted : 3 Sep, 2019 11:37 AM

Why are so many females interested in rushing into marriage or a romantic relationship?

What about beginning a relationship with a casual friendship gradually getting to know one another better?

Persons may even choose to remain single and celibate.

In the New Testament Jesus (see Matthew 19:8-12) and the Apostle Paul (see I Corinthians 7) both stated that it's better to remain single.

Even today it is possible to enjoy platonic male and female friendships without the romance. People can enjoy doing things together and help one another without romance.

What do you think?

JamesEG

View Profile
Phone number request
Posted : 22 Aug, 2019 08:32 AM

Those persons asking for a phone number in the first message are probably scammers, cupcakeme.

Most if not all the women who asked for a phone number in their first message to me soon disappeared with a message that their accounts had been deleted. That's probably true for the men messaging you, too, is my guess.

JamesEG

View Profile
Longest Profile
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 11:54 AM

I agree with the last responder. I prefer seeing a long profile to a short one.

Reading a long profile enables one to know more about a person.

It's good not to provide confidential information, but a lot of details help to determine what the potential is for a relationship (casual friendship, potential close friend, possible romantic partner/spouse, spammer not to contact, etc.). And, long messages are nice, too, as I see it.

But, I am a freelance writer who loves to read and write.

JamesEG

View Profile
will you befriend with Muslims who do not like Christians in certain countries?
Posted : 28 Jun, 2019 10:21 AM

Yes. Jesus and the Apostle Paul instruct us to love even our enemies.

And, the Qur'an in at least one place (Surah 2:62) states that Jews and Christians are followers of the book.

I have Muslim friends, And, many Muslims seem to come closer to obeying God than the typical Christian. See Romans 2:14.

It would be difficult to be friends with radical Muslims, but I would seek to if I met any, and I think radical Muslims are a small minority of the followers of Islam.

JamesEG

View Profile
CDFF is a Scammer's Paradise & a Ripoff.
Posted : 30 May, 2019 01:27 PM

Proorizo, true Christianity is a great religion which involves loving even our enemies, as Jesus and the Apostle Paul taught.

Sadly, many who claim to be Christians really aren't. And, even those of us who seek to be true Christians are not perfect at it.

Personally, I still have a free basic CDFF membership, which is paid for by the advertising, so I don't know much about the auto renew thing. I guess there's some way to cancel the auto renew though.

Please don't reject all of Christianity because of the fakes.

Enjoy God's blessings!

JamesEG

View Profile
I always ask myself the same question
Posted : 28 May, 2019 10:46 AM

LoreMx, if you are following Christian principles, I am confident you will be blessed.

As Christians I think we should be friends with all people. But, of all the people in the world, I think each person ought to seek a spouse who shares much in common with them, and each should help the other to be better. Sharing common goals, interests, and morals is one key.

When people first meet, personal appearance is noticeable, but after learning more about people, other things are much more important.

I looked at your profile, and it appears to be mainly written in Spanish. Though I took one year of Spanish in high school, my knowledge of it is very limited, and I did not seek to translate it.

My guess is that a relatively small number of people use this website, and only a minority of them read Spanish. But, if you put God first, I am confident God can and will lead you in the right direction.

JamesEG

View Profile
Why get upset?
Posted : 21 May, 2019 11:01 AM

I agree, cupcakeme, that why a person got divorced is an important question to ask.

As a previous replier stated, how you ask the question is important. It's important to ask it in a nice way that is nonconfrontational, and preferably not as an initial question when emailing someone just as a casual acquaintance. I agree it's a great question to get an answer to via email before meeting a person though.

It's also nice (as I see it) to ask a person what they learned from the divorce that would help prevent them from repeating the same mistake (marrying the wrong person, what they did in the marriage to contribute to the divorce, etc., if applicable).

Asking someone if they are a scammer may not be effective, since a person who is a scammer is probably going to lie and state "no."

I would guess about 1/2 of the messages I get and the majority of winks I get are from scammers. The type of message they send sometimes makes it clear they are scammers, and in the majority of cases they are already banned before I even get to see their message. Thanks to Christian Dating for Free for that.

JamesEG

View Profile
Cultural differences
Posted : 14 May, 2019 10:29 AM

Personally, I'm confident persons of different cultures and races can match up well, lienda.

However, I think it is generally important that they share several other things in common, such as common goals, interests, and morals.

Often persons of different backgrounds grow up eating different foods, listening to different types of music, and having different attitudes and beliefs. If that is the case, such persons need to find an effective way of accepting or dealing with such things.

Learning from those of different backgrounds can be beneficial. But, I think it's important to learn as much as is reasonably possible before getting into a serious romantic relationship.

JamesEG

View Profile
Celibacy
Posted : 26 Apr, 2019 09:55 AM

LayD_J, yes I am celibate. As I see it (and the Bible states it) all Christians are to be celibate until married.

In fact, I am happy being single and celibate. That may be God's calling for my entire life, though I desire to be receptive to the possibility of marriage if the right person comes along in the right way at the right time.

Stay firm on celibacy until/unless you get married.

Enjoy God's blessings!

JamesEG

View Profile
Need feedback from men
Posted : 2 Apr, 2019 10:47 AM

BigPurpleA, I rarely buy at such places. And, currently I am seeking to reduce my amount of stuff rather than increase it.

However, in the past I've enjoyed buying religious books, posters with a nice picture and/or scripture verse (i.e. Romans 8:28, Matthew 6:33, I Corinthians 10:13, etc.), and practical things (pens, shirts with a nice message, etc.).

I pray for God's perfect will for your sale and your church's building plans.

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11