Author Thread
JamesEG

View Profile
Would you consider a shy type of woman to chat?
Posted : 12 Sep, 2018 10:04 AM

Millions of people (men and women) are shy, icemaiden.

Personally, I don't mind if a woman is shy. I find that shy persons (and I consider myself one in some ways) are willing to talk and open up after they get to know someone, especially someone with whom they share common morals, goals, interests, etc.

Shyness can actually be a guard in some ways to protect one from rushing too quickly into a close relationship with the wrong person without knowing them well.

Finding persons with whom you share many things in common can be a key to help in carrying on personal conversations. And there are a lot of books on the market to help individuals who are dealing with severe shyness. But, since you took the initiative to write this post, I'm guessing you may not be severely shy.

Too often, shy persons are taken advantage of by extroverted persons with much experience who know how to manipulate them. But, shyness can be an asset instead of a liability if it protects you from getting into the wrong relationships that more extroverted persons sometimes enter into.

Enjoy God's blessings! James

JamesEG

View Profile
True or not.
Posted : 13 Jun, 2018 11:02 AM

No, I would not state that all the good men are already married.

In fact, some of the best men (and women) stay single all their lives.

Jesus and the Apostle Paul both advocated singleness for those with the discipline to avoid engaging in lustful behavior. Jesus was apparently single all his life, and the Apostle Paul was single during his ministry.

Single and celibate persons can develop a variety of friendships with various persons without getting into the troubles that many who rush into romance face.

Gradually develop closer friendships with those with whom you share many common goals, interests, morals, etc., and if it is God's will for you to be married, the right person will be available at the right time in the right way. And if not, I am confident you will still be happy.

Far too many people rush into romance and marriage, then end up divorced or in an unhappy marriage.

It is a key to put God first and seek God for one's happiness and not another person, as I see it.

Of course, many good people meet someone at an early age, develop a quality relationship, and live happily married for the rest of their lives.

But often the best people put God, education, work, travel, hobbies, volunteer activities, quality nonsexual relationships with multiple people, etc., first, and remain single for decades into adulthood or all their lives.

This is of course my opinion, but I think it is led by the Holy Spirit, and I hope it helps you.

JamesEG

View Profile
Looks and Sex before marriage
Posted : 28 Jan, 2018 12:47 PM

At first glance, looks may be what attracts someone to another person, since that is a main thing to go on initially for the eyes to look at. But, even at first glance a friendly smile is a key that make a difference.

After talking with someone at work, school, church, doing volunteer work, on the bus, or wherever and getting to know them, a person's character are evident and much more important than looks to a true Christian.

Given the clear message in the Bible about premarital sex, it is sad that so many Christians lack the discipline to abstain from that. But, fortunately, there are a lot of us who are committed to remain celibate until married.

As Christians we need to seek out for our closest relationships those who share Christian views about integrity and abstinence from premarital sex. And I firmly believe there are a lot of us.

JamesEG

View Profile
Where are the God fearing men that wants a marriage partner?
Posted : 28 Jan, 2018 12:35 PM

Alpha777's quote from Matthew 6:33 is a good one. If one puts God first, God will lead one in right direction. Romans 8:28 is a good verse, too.

Also, some people are called to remain single. Both Jesus and Paul taught that singleness is best if one has the discipline for it. And it may be God's will for me.

If God leads me to the right person at the right time in the right way, I desire to be receptive to the possibility of marriage. But I am happy being single and celibate, blessed with some wonderful friends and relatives, and reluctant at this time to show one particular person the favorable treatment that would lead to marriage or a romantic relationship.

I would add that online Christian dating websites are just one way to meet meet nice Christian people. One can meet good Christians at work, school, church, doing volunteer work, via mutual friends, on the bus, etc.

Please do remain committed to God. We Christians must maintain our standards and not lower our standards to those of the world.

If it's God's will, and you follow God's leading, I am confident God can lead you to the right person at the right time in the right way.

I pray for God's perfect will for you in all things.

JamesEG

View Profile
How should we respond to evil deeds
Posted : 19 Nov, 2017 10:43 AM

I hope you reported that video to YouTube and the police.

I addition to reporting such deeds to proper authorities, we can pray for the person guilty of evil deeds to repent and seek to obey God.

JamesEG

View Profile
Does age really matter?
Posted : 5 Aug, 2017 12:13 PM

I think many other things are more important than age in making a relationship successful, amanda3of4.

Having common interests, common goals, and common morals are some of them. And I think it is great for persons to enjoy a variety of friendships with persons of various ages.

However, often persons of a similar age have more in common. Views about music, movies, television, tattoos, piercings, slang language, books, and various trends may be similar. And they can perhaps converse better about common experiences by growing up under similar circumstances.

If you seek to marry someone much older (or much younger), seek to ensure the two of you have much in common. If the younger person is physically attractive and the older person is financially wealthy, they may bond initially, but really have little in common.

Successful relationships can and do occur between persons with huge age differences. But the age difference offers one more reason to proceed slowly and carefully, as I see it.

JamesEG

View Profile
First date jitters - need conversation
Posted : 18 Jul, 2017 11:28 AM

That's true of many people. But there are some things that can help.

One key is that, ideally, before dating someone you meet on this website, you will develop a friendship by exchanging several messages. From these messages you will learn some (I hope several) common interests. And exchanging these messages may help alleviate some of the nervousness of the first date.

Even if you first contact someone elsewhere (a library, bus, work, school, etc.), you can talk publicly there to learn more about them and their interests before dating them.

Then, when you meet on a date, talking about these common interests (whatever they may be) can be ice breakers. If you make the first date a get-acquainted, just as friends, meeting in a public place rather than a romantic one, that may also help reduce the jitters.

And, as another person replied earlier, asking questions is often a great way to start a conversation. This is especially true if they are open-ended questions that the person needs to answer with sentences or paragraphs rather than just a "yes" or "no." Answers to these questions can often lead to follow-up questions.

The questions can begin with general questions then become more personal as the relationship progresses.

Remember that a first date is not a commitment to marriage. It's an opportunity to get to know each other better to see if there is a the potential for a closer friendship, etc.

I hope this advice helps and pray for God's perfect will for you.

JamesEG

View Profile
Truth!
Posted : 18 Jul, 2017 11:04 AM

I'm not sure what percentage of the men on this website are truthful. But about half of the women who have messaged me have since been banned as spammers. Perhaps the percentage is similar for men?

Although I almost always reply to messages I receive on Christian Dating for Free, I never give out my phone number, e-mail address, etc. Sticking to messaging on the site with new friends helps one avoid being taken in by spammers.

And, though I am happy being single (which I state on my profile), and may never develop a relationship that leads to marriage, I do feel blessed to have made a few casual Christian friends on this site.

My guess is that persons who fill out their profile fairly completely, and seek to build a relationship slowly by exchanging messages on the site are probably less likely to be spammers than those with limited profile information who immediately want you to exchange private email addresses or phone numbers.

I hope this information helps you. And I pray for God's perfect will for you.

JamesEG

View Profile
a christian woman looking for love
Posted : 11 Jun, 2017 10:57 AM

If you put the highest righteous authority, God, first, sophia110318, I'm confident that God will lead you to the right people at the right time in the right way to develop the right relationships.

It may happen on this website. Or it may happen in your church, maybe someplace you work or do volunteer work, or maybe at a library, park, or elsewhere. Or maybe a friend will introduce you to someone.

Personally, I am happy being single and celibate. And I am blessed to have many friends of both sexes and various ages. But I know singleness is not for everyone, and even I remain open to the possibility of marriage at some time if God leads me to the right person.

I do urge you to build a relationship slowly, with friendship, rather than rushing into a romantic relationship with the wrong person.

And though there are many nice people on this site, there are scammers, so please be careful.

I pray for God's perfect will for you in all things. Enjoy God's blessings. James

JamesEG

View Profile
Friendship male/female
Posted : 19 May, 2017 11:53 AM

I think the key to maintaining balance in a relationship is to communicate truthfully and respectfully. Make it clear what your intentions are in the relationship. If your feelings change, also communicate that openly and honestly.

I live in the United States, and you apparently live in France, but I think these basic guidelines apply in both places and cultures.

I pray for God's perfect will for you as you seek to develop relationships the right way. I know from experience that it is possible to develop quality platonic friendships with members of the opposite sex as long as you communicate truthfully and respectfully.

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11