Author Thread
JamesEG

View Profile
Looking at the idea of a 'concept' as: 1) 'individual understandings', (which most often is based on preconceived ideas and assumptions), versus 2) God's hopes and expectations towards us in seeking knowledge of Him, and His (actual) Truth, in light of His Concepts, put forth in the bible, as He defines them.
Posted : 31 Mar, 2022 12:31 PM

AQuietLifeWanted, you make some excellent points.

Even if a human being sincerely seeks to try his or her best to discern the truth and be obedient to it, this human will fall short. We can only try to do our best; we cannot do our best.

However, the closer we come to doing so, the happier, healthier, longer, and more fruitful our lives will be, other things being equal.

Romans 8:28 makes it clear that if we love God and follow his leading or purpose, whatever happens will be for our good. But being able to sincerely love and follow God in all we do is not feasible for humans, who all fall short.

One reason I remain an undenominational Christian who watches/listens to/visits congregations of various denominations is that each has part of the truth.

JamesEG

View Profile
The Call to Grow in Knowledge
Posted : 28 Feb, 2022 09:16 AM

No, I have not been to that particular thread other than briefly looking at it. For Biblical questions, I typically look to my Bible or other books about the Bible.

But if you haven't, try posting a specific question or topic on that thread that you seek a response to.

Enjoy God's blessings, James

JamesEG

View Profile
Women not conducting themselves according to reasonable Christian expectations on Christian dating sites.
Posted : 21 Feb, 2022 12:19 PM

AQuietLifeWanted, I think it's unfair to generalize. Personally I find that women who contact me on this site are often spammers who get their accounts deleted quickly, often before I even read their message. But among those who contact me who are not deleted by CDFF administrators, most seem to be sincerely seeking what they consider Christian relationships. However, even among these, many seem to be divorced or separated and eager to rush into another romance and/or another marriage. Still, there are some who like me are sincerely seeking a relationship with God and a Christian friendship (common morals, goals, interests, etc.) before or instead of getting into romance. To summarize, yes there are some women here (and some men) who conduct themselves reasonably appropriately.

JamesEG

View Profile
The Call to Grow in Knowledge
Posted : 21 Feb, 2022 12:08 PM

There is a thread on Christian Dating for Free's Forum titled "Biblical Questions and Discussion." You could try posting on it the specific topic you're interested in.

Are there some specific questions you seek to discuss and find Biblical answers for?

JamesEG

View Profile
Single means
Posted : 4 Aug, 2021 09:25 AM

You're welcome.

JamesEG

View Profile
Should I just let this flow naturally
Posted : 4 Aug, 2021 09:21 AM

HazelEyesSparkle, you are wise to build a relationship slowly, beginning with friendship.

By asking this gentleman questions, you can get to learn more about him. If it seems you share much in common, including morals, faith, activities, mutual interest, etc., then the relationship can progress further.

At that point, you might even ask some of the other workers about that person and what they think of him.

JamesEG

View Profile
Single means
Posted : 8 Jul, 2021 12:47 PM

Moonlight7, single means different things to different people. It's good to ask specific follow-up questions if in doubt what someone means. Also, unfortunately, some persons lie when posting online.

Personally, I am single, never married. But persons who are divorced, widowed, separated, or living together out of wedlock may consider themselves "single" too.

It would be nice if persons provided specific information on their status. But some are reluctant to share personal information in a public profile or email, which is somewhat understandable.

JamesEG

View Profile
why do guys run away from a celebate woman?
Posted : 7 Jul, 2020 03:06 PM

LoveInStiches, I commend you for remaining celibate.

True Christian men will respect you for that.

Enjoy God's blessings, keep your moral standards, and trust God to lead you to the right person at the right time in the right way.

You may even enjoy developing a variety of friendships and remaining single. There are a lot of us single and celibate people. James

JamesEG

View Profile
A QUESTION TO THE MEN
Posted : 7 Jul, 2020 02:56 PM

GRAHO, the Internet makes developing long distance relationships easier.

I enjoy developing friendships online. But I think it's important to develop relationships slowly.

Long distance romantic relationships are more difficult than friendships. It may be time consuming and difficult to determine if the other person is being truthful. Also, travel expenses to visit and relocation difficulties can be a problem.

Issues like COVID-19 complicate matters more.

JamesEG

View Profile
Dating
Posted : 17 Mar, 2020 10:42 AM

Sadly, there are a lot of scammers.

Even among Christians though, there are a wide variety of beliefs, practices, morals, etc.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10