Author Thread
JamesEG

View Profile
What's the deal here?
Posted : 26 Sep, 2019 10:25 AM

9fruitsofthespirit, the guy seems to either be a spammer or to have poor judgement seeking to rush into a relationship.

JamesEG

View Profile
Friendship First or Friendship Only
Posted : 16 Sep, 2019 03:46 PM

I strongly agree with you, cupcakeme, that friendship needs to come before romance in a relationship. It's a tragedy how many couples rush into romance with one another without knowing much about each other's goals, interests, morals, etc.

And, although I think both men and women find it difficult to maintain a friendship when one of the two experiences unrequited romantic attraction toward the other, if it can be done, it is a wonderful thing.

JamesEG

View Profile
Posted : 9 Sep, 2019 03:38 PM

Well stated, brevelatte.

JamesEG

View Profile
Posted : 8 Sep, 2019 12:15 PM

Jayzeee, I think you are taking things in the right order.

Even if/when you find that one particular person to enter into a romantic relationship and marriage with, you may be blessed with numerous friendships that you can retain.

I think it is possible to have many friendships while preserving monogamy in marriage.

JamesEG

View Profile
Posted : 7 Sep, 2019 09:48 AM

9fruitsofthespirit, you make an excellent point about many men.

However, I think what you refer to as men focusing on "love" could be more accurately called men focusing on "sexual lust."

I do not think that is a Christian approach, and it is sad that so many so-called Christian men put sex ahead of friendship.

JamesEG

View Profile
Browsing profiles
Posted : 6 Sep, 2019 10:18 AM

I'm guessing, brevelatte, that you accidentally clicked on the wrong category. The two categories are next to each other.

Regarding your question, personally, I take time to read/skim the profile as a whole rather than focusing on one thing.

Perhaps the #1 thing that appeals to me is an apparent sincere desire to put God first.

If the profile indicates that the person and I share common goals,morals, and interests, that's a big plus.

And, although I consider everyone a friend, I'm not eager to rush into romance, so posts indicating that turn me off.

JamesEG

View Profile
Posted : 6 Sep, 2019 10:10 AM

Chioniso, thanks for the Bible references and for your desire to submit to God's will.

I certainly agree with you that sexual lust is wrong. I'm sorry if my comment indicated anything otherwise.

And, while my statement about being monogamously married being better than being in lust was not a Bible quote, it was a paraphrase of part of two Bible verses that I cite below.

In I Corinthians 7:9 the Apostle Paul states ". . . it is better to marry than to burn with passion" as the New International Version puts it.

And I Corinthians 7:2 in the King James Version states "Nevertheless to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband." This is monogamy.

JamesEG

View Profile
Posted : 6 Sep, 2019 09:55 AM

Ocean17, thanks for sharing that story! It's wonderful that you developed that close platonic friendship.

JamesEG

View Profile
Posted : 4 Sep, 2019 12:10 PM

Chioniso, thanks for sharing your perspective.

It's great that you avoid out of wedlock sex and avoid getting into serious relationships with guys who are interested in that.

Though sex is one benefit of marriage, even married couples can demonstrate their love in other ways.

Sadly, many of those who tell me how much they enjoy sex seem to live lives of depression, unhappy most of the time they are not having sex.

It is better to be monogamously married than lustful though.

I pray for God's perfect will for you in your search for that one special person.

JamesEG

View Profile
Posted : 3 Sep, 2019 04:54 PM

Princess1957, I agree.

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11