teach_ib

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 04:45 AM

I still cheer for my Dolphins who have had some wins this season. :applause:

It's been an interesting season for many teams.:party:

teach_ib

View Profile
Have you been CONDEMMNED by others as having an "UNBIBLICAL DIVORCE" ?
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 04:32 AM

IWA, I never left the topic...and even I did I would be in the company of every other person on this thread who has deviated form the OP.

Singer, Divorce, adultery are not the unpardonable sin. It would be unrealistic for someone to expect someone to divorce again even though they may have committed adultery in marrying a second time. Deuteronomy 24 prohibits a spouse to go back to the first spouse after another marriage.

Jesus told us to forgive 70x7 for each offense...I believe He can forgive at least that many times. He didn't put a limit on how many times we could confess our sin. We should not continue to commit the same sin but we are only human and some are slower to learn than others.

However, once forgiven for a sin, God remembers it no more. It's man and Satan that continue to remind us of past sins. Once it's under the blood, God remembers it no more.

We are imperfect humans trying to strive to live a Christian life...thankfully I serve a God who loves me despite my imperfections and chastises me out of love not wrath.

Singer, I'm glad you realize the need for forgiveness as in earlier posts you stated you could never forgive your ex...by not forgiving others, we only hurt ourselves by becoming bitter and angry.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 17 Nov, 2013 07:11 PM

IWA, you posted:

Matt 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

This verse clearly states, even though the Christian has committed a sin, he/she is still in the kingdom of heaven.

I agree those who can go through life without committing a single sin after they are saved would be consideredmgreatbin the kingdom. Truth is none of us can continue on earth even after receiving salvation and not sin...we still have a fleshly body and are tempted and sin. God knew we would but He gave us 1 John 1:9...if we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Paul didn't need my help...he did a fine job of standing up for his beliefs and presenting refuting verses. He continues to show the fruits of the Spirit in his posts...particularly longsuffering when it comes to many of the attacks.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 17 Nov, 2013 07:04 PM

wow, some things never change....reading some of the posts took me back to a pastor who blamed all problems in marriage on a woman...just like Adam blamed Eve for his sin.

Are women blameless...no...but they cannot make men sin...it is they're own choosing to sin.

Lion...the words you posts show hatred and not responsibility towards women.

teach_ib

View Profile
Does admin even bother with this part of the forum?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2013 01:40 PM

Haven't seen any...still looking for those frowns faces...could use one for this thread:ROFL:

teach_ib

View Profile
Son
Posted : 17 Nov, 2013 01:22 PM

Hi Karen, yes, will pray for your son. When I go through tough times thinking God wasn't listening, I read the book of Job. God sometimes allows bad things to happen to good people to prove to the devil that we love God no matter what.

Hopefully, JR will pull through this rough time quickly and become a stronger Christian, having greater understanding of God's will.

teach_ib

View Profile
prayer
Posted : 12 Nov, 2013 04:09 AM

My prayers are there for you and those affected by this disaster.

teach_ib

View Profile
Philippines and a Past member here
Posted : 12 Nov, 2013 03:57 AM

From one of his last posts he was headed to India to meet. Hopefully they were able to marry.

The people in the Philippines definitely need prayer.

teach_ib

View Profile
Is Billy Graham a great Christian Evangelist or a False Prophet of Satan? 2 Corinthians 11:13,14: Such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light!.
Posted : 9 Nov, 2013 05:18 AM

Mark 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.�

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.�

41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.�

Luke 9:49�And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.�

50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

teach_ib

View Profile
Thank you Teach
Posted : 7 Nov, 2013 06:20 PM

Thanks for the kind words...always nice to hear that God is working through me as it is Him that allowed me to go through trials to learn and share.

I am thankful for those who challenge me in a variety of ways...asking questions, responding to questions, agreeing and disagreeing with me...through all of these opportunities, I have been able to learn and grow as well as develop online friendships.

May God continue to bless each of you in your search for wisdom, knowledge, friendship, and a spouse.

Page : 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20