Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Have you been CONDEMMNED by others as having an "UNBIBLICAL DIVORCE" ?
Posted : 23 Nov, 2013 04:35 PM

The argument now is over the speck instead of the overarching issue of the OP...we do not have to completely dissect every word of every verse to understand the truth.

Is divorce allowed? yes.

Is remarriage allowed? Yes, if the divorce is Biblical.

We shouldn't automatically dismiss pr treat someone badly because they were divorced, which is often the case in many churches and by many individuals...no matter the cause of the divorce.

We should be slow to judge and careful with our words and action towards others. When we condemn others we are really condemning ourselves...we are all guilty of some sin, big or small...so we are in reality guilty of them all.

Thankfully God is a forgiving and merciful God, standing ready to forgive us.

That is the point of the OP.

teach_ib

View Profile
Quit smoking..
Posted : 23 Nov, 2013 04:22 PM

Amen...keep it up! Thanks for the update, always glad to hear how God is working in people's lives and how a brother or sister is overcoming addictions. god is good, all the time:applause:

teach_ib

View Profile
Proud Mother of two Children in The Army!
Posted : 21 Nov, 2013 03:37 PM

Deb,

Congratulations on raising two successful military service members! Obviously, you instilled in them love of country, freedom, and a heart of service. Congrats on your son's acceptance into officer training.

It's encouraging to know so many from our next generation of leaders are dedicated to serving their country. Thank them for their service.

They and our other men and women serving around the world, away from family, are in my prayers.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 21 Nov, 2013 05:21 AM

Scripture is Truth...human interpretation of Scripture is not equivalent to the Truth.

If someone posts a verse from the Bible, they have cited the Truth. How one interprets it can make it into something other than the truth.

How we respond to others that we agree or disagree with shows the Autry of the spirit in us. As Christians we should strive to display the fruits of the Holy Spirit even to those who are not in alignment with your interpretation.

Yelling, screaming, ranting, raving, never achieves the goal of persuading someone that you are right. Christians should try to live as Romans 12 describes...and strive to love peaceably with all.

teach_ib

View Profile
Sunday Night Football!
Posted : 20 Nov, 2013 12:54 PM

Just found out Sojourner left the site again...he was excited about his Raiders.i'll be able to watch the games again this weekend...have been out of town and away from American football for the past 2 weekends.

teach_ib

View Profile
Did you know...
Posted : 20 Nov, 2013 12:39 PM

I think the vision Peter had about all things being 'good' to eat is what I will follow. There are issues in all industries...

Just my choice...I'm ok with those who choose not treat meat...for whatever reason.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 03:32 PM

Mark 11:25-26�And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

In this passage, we're instructed by Jesus that if when we pray, we remember someone who has wronged us, we are supposed to forgive them...not wait for them to ask for forgiveness. �If we don't God won't forgive us of our sins.

Luke 6:33-40�And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.�

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.�

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.�

� � � � �[***I would think v35 is referring to God being kind to the unsaved (evil) ***]

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.�

� � � � �[**** this follows after talking about being kind to the evil ***]

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:�

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.�

Luke 11:4�And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

***part of what's considered the Lord's Prayer, Jesus's example for us to pray, He didn't say 'we also forgive everyone that is indebted to us if they ask for forgiveness'

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

[*** as Jesus hung on the cross, He forgave the very men who were crucifying Him...they had not asked for forgiveness ***]

2 Corinthians 2

1 But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness.�

2 For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?

3 And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all.�

4 For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.

5 But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all.�

6 Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.�

7 So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.�

8 Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.�

9 For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.�

10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;�

11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 02:09 PM

So Singer, as I was researching this thread today...i came across this post you wrote:

Posted : by Singer

Posted : 12 Jun, 2012 05:54 PM

"Paul in answer to your question would I forgive my ex-wife? If she repented I would forgive her. However I would not take her back. She has become other men's wives under state law. Notice: She is still legally married to a third man not Lawfully by Yahweh of course."

****you clearly stated in this post that you would only forgive her if she repented. �That is not what forgiveness is about as I explained in other posts on this thread.

And as for the unpardonable sin, the Bible is clear on that.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 02:05 PM

While I was researching this thread, I came across one of your posts in response to my reference to 'women teaching men' since you accused me of picking an schooling which verses to obey...

Thread: Have you been CONDEMMNED by others as having an "UNBIBLICAL DIVORCE" ?

Posted : 7 Jun, 2012 01:13 PM

�By BobBobbins: AKA I Walk Alone as identified in a post earlier today, 19 Nov 2013

"Teach_ib,�

Once again, you "gathered" wrong. You bring preconceived ideas to bear and then answer to the boogie man that isn't even there. One could easily term this as "baggage".

If you want to make your point. You would be better served to first ask what my position is on a matter. I have no problem with a woman reading and studying the Bible. In fact, I encourage women to do this all of the time. The Bible is clear on women teaching men in the church gathering. Draw your own conclusions and do with the teaching whatever you wish.�

Is there any further reason for a back and forth dialogue between you and I?"

So based on your posts on multiple other threads, I actually assessed you correctly on this point as you have vehemently bashed me for teaching men on threads. �We are known by our fruits...

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 01:53 PM

And to support my repeated statement: "I am under grace, not under the law...legalists should not limit the power and mercy of the God I serve.". Here are the references to Scripture that support that statement:

Hebrews 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.�

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Romans 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.�

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.�

20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound.�But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:�

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.�

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.�

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Page : 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18