Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Have you been CONDEMMNED by others as having an "UNBIBLICAL DIVORCE" ?
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 02:02 PM

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption

Sealed...unto the day of redemption....

clear and straight forward.

teach_ib

View Profile
Help me stay true.
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 10:37 AM

You're in my prayers...keep focused on Jesus and His promises. Any man who pressures you is not following Christ and therefore would not be a good spiritual leader. Wait on God's choic...

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 10:25 AM

Proverbs 6:12�A naughty person, a wicked man,�with a froward mouth.

13 He winketh with his eyes,�he speaketh with his feet,�he teacheth with his fingers;

14 Frowardness is in his heart,�he deviseth mischief continually;�he soweth discord.

Ephesians 4:29�Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.�

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:�

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 12:36 AM

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 �The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:�

17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint- heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,�

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.�

7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

�John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,�

17 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 12:35 AM

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

***** Did Moses really give the law? No, God gave the law through Moses. �Moses didn't any of it up. �The laws regarding divorce were given through Moses...why because of the hardness of man's heart, that would be sin of man.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.�

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.�

2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.�

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:�

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient:all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?�

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,�

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 24 Nov, 2013 12:25 AM

And to support my repeated statement: "I am under grace, not under the law...legalists should not limit the power and mercy of the God I serve.". Here are the references to Scripture that support that statement:

Hebrews 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.�

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Romans 4:14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.�

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.�

20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound.�But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:�

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.�

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.�

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

teach_ib

View Profile
Should this have been posted in the Moderators Area.....
Posted : 23 Nov, 2013 09:24 PM

I agree the staff is quick to remove scammers. I often wait a day or two before responding to questionable messages...usually they are banned before I check them again.

Thanks!

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 23 Nov, 2013 09:11 PM

So BobBobbins/IWA or whoever you are, you have ZERO credibility as you have been caught in lies in your identity which makes one question most everything you write other than pure Scriptute....and I would look every verse up that you cite for accuracy.

The discussion is over the treatment of people who have been married and their marriage ended in divorce.

Even in your responses Bob/IWA you contradict yourself stating divorce is forbidden based on God hating divorce and then state that Jesus said one could divorce for Biblical reasons. Yes, God hates divorce because divorce is caused by sin. There are Biblical grounds for divorce. No, divorce is not commanded any more than marriage is commanded.

Since we are all guilty of sin, big or small...and lying is a sin, too...we are considered guilty of them all.

We should be careful in how we judge others or condemn for any sin, that is the point of this thread. By jumping to conclusions about people, we often make judgments about them before we have all the facts. One of the points of the the stone throwing example Christ gave has to do as much with those who were so quick to judge someone caught in obvious sin that they ignored their own sins.

teach_ib

View Profile
The eye signal ;)
Posted : 23 Nov, 2013 04:40 PM

I agree with NRSV...use the opportunity to share the Gospel with her. If you have no real interest her, you will have at least presented the Gospel. If there is spark, and she gets saved, maybe there could be a future.

teach_ib

View Profile
Patience in our hood...............single
Posted : 23 Nov, 2013 04:37 PM

Yes, if we rush it we usually choose wrong. Thanks for the reminder.

Page : 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17