Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Have you been CONDEMMNED by others as having an "UNBIBLICAL DIVORCE" ?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 01:53 PM

IWA wrote: "On Jun 5, 2012, you introduced yourself to me (a complete stranger to you) by calling me a "legalist". When forced to prove your claim that I am a legalist, you supplied a non-Biblical explanation of legalist. "

***First of all I introduced myself to the thread on that date...you have now confirmed you are the previously banned BobBobbins as IWA was not on the thread at that time. �As for a non-Biblical explanation, I provided the definition I used in referring to you and Singer on the way you were presenting your views. �I don't believe the term "legalist" is in the Bible so any description would fundamentally be non-Biblical. �Whether you agree with my definition or description or impression of you is not relevant.

I made my assessment of your posts based on over 80 posts made on the thread before I even read and responded as my first post was on page 9. �

My post for the record:

"Thank you Really_54 for this thread. Ironically, I went through a self study on the issue of divorce and remarriage during this the timing of this thread although I am just now reading through it.

Going through divorce for any reason is not something taken lightly and being judged/condemned on every hand by people who are legalists such as BobBobbins and Singer4u only compounds the pain.

I was saved by faith, not by works. I remain secure in my salvation even if I do sin as no one (not even me) can remove me from the hand of God.

The scriptures cited repeatedly by Bob and Singer are not all inclusive...I could provide a slew of references that show divorce and remarriage in the Bible...some already cited.�

I am under grace, nor under the law...legalists should not limit the power and mercy of the God I serve."

teach_ib

View Profile
Paid ministry - for or against?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 06:59 AM

If the church can afford to pay the pastor/staff then I believe they should. I am retreading the book of Deuteronomy which outlines the inheritance of land for the Israelite tribes. The Levites got no land but the other tribes were instructed to give of their blessings through offerings and the Levites were sustained by those offerings.

In most churches I've seen over the years, the salary for the pastor is not competitive in comparison to a secular career...so I don't see most ministers entering ministry for the pay!

Pastoring is really a 24/7 job...parishioners get sick, die, have personal crises, etc every day if the week...so the pay is even less when you divide it by 24/7 vice 8/5.

Why have a paid pastor? To shepherd the flock...there is more to the care and feeding of a congregation than delivering a sermon in Sunday morning. Parishioners like to be visited, especially when hospitalized. Funerals, weddings, etc occur. Counseling sessions to salvage marriages, provide guidance in career decisions, etc are also included. Then there is also the visitation to reach out to the community, spreading the gospel, growing the congregation.

teach_ib

View Profile
Worship team - paid pros amateur volunteers?
Posted : 19 Nov, 2013 06:49 AM

Praise and worship should be just that...why would someone contract that out? How can non-believers praise and worship Someone they do not know?

My church is blessed with believers that are musically gifted. I have been in small churches and even they had talented Christians to lead music.

The Bible says make a joyful noise...that's what I do because I have extremely limited musical talents.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 08:59 PM

IWA, you cherry pick words and phrases the same way you cherry pick verses to try to make your point. You use faulty logic in your writings that I do not desire to spend my time mapping out. You jump all over the place trying to sound righteous and pious but your message comes across full of hatred for those who post their thoughts.

I can find fault in most people's logic and God can find fault in ALL (the inclusive all) people's presentations. Your effort to discredit the intent and nature of the OP shows a contentious and annoying spirit. Just becaus you say it does not make it truth...you are but a mere human, too.

teach_ib

View Profile
Please pray for my brother and I
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 02:09 PM

Look forward to seeing a picture with your new haircut!

teach_ib

View Profile
Job interview on Friday
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 02:07 PM

I pray you do well.

teach_ib

View Profile
Please pray for my brother and I
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 02:02 PM

Jenny, know that I keep you in prayer. I will add your brother to my list.

Glad to hear God answered your prayer with the Avon business. Congrats on continuing to move forward. I occasionally go through some level of anxiety when things get overwhelming...I will often make a to do list, set a schedule, and take it one hour or minute at a time.

May God continue to bless your efforts with work and with your brother.

teach_ib

View Profile
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 01:53 PM

Speaking of deviating of topic...Maybe this is a game to you, it is not to me.

Deuteronomy 24:1-4

1 When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.�

2 And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.�

3 And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;�

4 Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the Lord: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

teach_ib

View Profile
Joy
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 07:36 AM

Hi Sisygirl, jumping in on the stepchildren question...I was a stepmom for several years. I had to encourage my husband to stay in touch with his daughters even when it was challenging...they lived in another state.

I ensured they got Christmas gifts, birthday gifts, and other tangible tokens of love. When they spent time with us, I included them in whatever activities possible...took them with us on a 3 week vacation to meet extended family on both sides.

Even after we divorced, I helped them with homework over the phone and stayed in ouch with them for many years.

teach_ib

View Profile
One exquisite love affair...then...Rejection in love and rejection in death
Posted : 18 Nov, 2013 07:11 AM

Thank you for sharing...I pray God eases you through this period and keeps your heart filled with love and joy.

Page : 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19