Author Thread
teach_ib

View Profile
Please pray for my healing and for a decision I have made
Posted : 7 Nov, 2013 06:10 PM

Jenny, I continue to pray for God's guidance in your life. I understand the need for a 'makeover' to look/feel more one's age.

I still say hey and no problem...just know when to and when to be more formal.

Sometimes we have to be like Paul and understand that God's grace is sufficient for us to accept the infirmities/illnesses/disabilities He allowed us to have. I try to think of it that God knew we could handle the problems better than someone else.

God bless

teach_ib

View Profile
What's Your Role?
Posted : 7 Nov, 2013 05:56 PM

Saying hi :waving:, smiling :laugh:

Ensuring we have a good profile that accurately portrays who we are and what we believe:angel:

Answering messages honestly and asking questions (as others have pointed out).

Being friendly and respectful, even to those who we may think are not our match.

Giving guys a chance to make a second or third impression knowing this is as awkward for them as it is for us.:goofball:

Being kind, not too critical because the 'ideal man' God has chosen for us may not be the one we envisioned.:peace:

teach_ib

View Profile
Just to lightened the mood.......
Posted : 7 Nov, 2013 05:45 PM

I just saw an article on a man who made his first skydive on his 100th birthday...it was on his bucket list! Just shows we should never feel we're too old to try something.

teach_ib

View Profile
Looking for a "Gentleman"?
Posted : 7 Nov, 2013 05:42 PM

Sacrificial love and protector....I don't associate them specifically with a gentleman. I associate sacrificial love with a spouse and protector with most men in general. I also associate protector with women because they are protective of their kids like a mother hen.

As for holding doors open, I generally will wait to see if the door will be opened but have had so many 'let go' when following people into stores or buildings that I have figure if I'm with a man, he will open the door but if I'm entering somewhere alone that the door will not be opened or held open for me (except at my church or work...there are many in my workplace who hold doors and allow women to enter/exit elevators first). I always ensure the individual hears me say Thank you if the door if he opens the door for me or others in my group.

It's almost as bad as men not removing their hats or hoods when entering a building....just not taught like it used to be...and that begins at home.

Many churches do not uphold any sort of standards for gentlemen to follow...or young boys to learn (same goes for women and girls). We'll get dressed up to go on a date but not wear our best to worship God in His house.

teach_ib

View Profile
Was it a package of sin?
Posted : 3 Nov, 2013 07:51 PM

Hi Sisygirl...life is good, full of many activities.

If you haven't checked out the thread on Proverbs 31 woman, I recommend it...it goes hand in hand with this thread.

Yes, marriage is a ministry, a calling. Women truly are miracle workers at times...when you stop to think of all the things they do, usually without thinking about it, it's amazing that they outlive most men (on average)!

Once a woman marries, her priorities often/should change. Her responsibility is no longer just to the corporate world...her job...she now has a home to tend to. Many more women are choosing to leave their professional careers to stay home with their children during the early years. They may go back to work once the children start school, but many are realizing that they can 'stay home' with the kids.

When the right man comes along, you will be surprised what you are willing/able to do. You can do it through Christ...not necessarily on your own. In fact, there will be times when it's only through Christ's strength that you'll be able to do all that is needed...it's when we try to do it through our own strength that we fail.

By God's design many of the skills and drive you'll need are instinctive.

If the right man never comes along, that's ok, too. There is nothing wrong with remaining single.

Keep studying, asking, searching...God continues to work through your questions.

Love ya!

teach_ib

View Profile
Questions about the mode of warfare
Posted : 3 Nov, 2013 04:55 PM

** still risk lives to get to America...

teach_ib

View Profile
Questions about the mode of warfare
Posted : 3 Nov, 2013 04:53 PM

Service in the US military is still seen as honor and value and integrity. Do all serve that way? No, but the majority do. Do we anger our allies sometimes? Yes but we anger our enemies even more...and yet, we will help rebuild the countries destroyed by war.

We rely on our allies...more and more. We give of our time when we are in war zones to the civilians affected...rebuild schools, places of worship, hospitals, etc. our allies do to.

Many people from other nations still risk life to ghetto America...despite all our problems, issues, and bad reputation, we still are often the destination of choice for those fleeing their countries.

I believe the dislike should be aimed at the politicians...the military goes where it's told, serves in the capacity the politicians negotiate, and leave whether the job is finished because of political decisions.

We love our country just like you love your country.

Jesus did not do a way with war...as long as there is sin on earth, there will be evil leaders who want to take over other countries and spread fear and tyranny. As much as possible we should live peaceably with all men...sometimes we have to stand up and fight for what is right.

teach_ib

View Profile
Jesus went unto the mount of Olives
Posted : 3 Nov, 2013 04:25 PM

Thankfully, God forgives my sins. Man says guilty, God says neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more...

teach_ib

View Profile
Who killed jesus (Y-shua)?
Posted : 3 Nov, 2013 04:23 PM

So back to the OP, we all contributed to Jesus' death. If it was not for our sin, the sins of the world, we would not be in need of the 'sacrificial Lamb' to cover the sins.

The crowd demanded Him to be found guilty...even though no fault was found in Him. The crowd cried out for His crucifixion (there were more than Jews in the crowd so don't just blame it on the Jews). Pilate washed his hands of it...although he ultimately ordered the death sentence. The soldiers who whipped Him, the priests that smote Him, the people who mocked Him, added to His pain and suffering.

In the end, He gave up His own life...just like He raised Himself from the dead. He is risen and sitting at the right hand of the Father.

We are ALL guilty.

teach_ib

View Profile
Just to lightened the mood.......
Posted : 3 Nov, 2013 04:16 PM

I learned to cook new things because my husband liked certain foods...I tried some of them, some I liked, some I didn't. I was a VERY picky eater growing up...and still have aversions to certain foods...but I have learned to be more adventurous in my eating.

I learned how to fire weapons...went to the shooting range, even though I learned the basics in the military, I really learned how to shoot a weapon when I went with a friend and had time for one on one instruction.

Years ago I would have gone skydiving if the opportunity had been there...still might just to out do my younger sister (her husband was on a skydiving team in college) and she got to jump once.

I've always been curious about all kinds of things...and so I would be willing to try just about anything that was legal, moral, and ethical. I must say I would be more hesitant on water activities like scuba diving...that's one of my weaknesses but I would be willing to try it if he wanted me to.

I guess growing up with 3 brothers I learned to be adventurous.

Page : 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21