Author Thread
Agnos

View Profile
Chivary
Posted : 25 Mar, 2010 04:09 PM

Thanks for this post Dennis...

I was "melting" here while I was reading, you all have said beautiful things that make relationships and life sweet and easy to live.

... and by the chance I have learned another word in English...

Arch and Grace... and everybody who like languages, that is called "caballerosidad" in Spanish.

Agnos

View Profile
Let's start a Joke thread!
Posted : 25 Mar, 2010 03:47 PM

GraceMae and Jude, I grew up in another country ... well... more than "grew up" I "grew old"... because I lived there until I was 40.... - Hey!! have you noticed that? - ...40 years... Moses... Egypt.... Agnos... Cuba.... never mind.

Well as I did not lived in USA all those years that you are describing I don't get the complete idea... but some of them apply to my life too and they bring me memories and sweet feelings...

///

A man bought a donkey from a preacher. The preacher told the man that this donkey had been trained in a very unique way, (being the donkey of a preacher). The only way to make the donkey go, was to say, "Hallelujah!" The only way to make the donkey stop, was to say, "Amen!"

The man was pleased with his purchase and immediately got on the animal to try out the preacher's instructions. "Hallelujah!" shouted the man. The donkey began to trot. "Amen!" shouted the man. The donkey stopped immediately. "This is great!" said the man. With a "Hallelujah," he rode off very proud of his new purchase.

The man traveled for a long time through some mountains. Soon he was heading toward a cliff. He could not remember the word to make the donkey stop. "Stop," said the man. "Halt!" he cried. The donkey just kept going. "Oh, no... Bible!....Church!...Please Stop!!" shouted the man. The donkey just began to trot faster. He was getting closer and closer to the cliff edge. Finally, in desperation, the man said a prayer. "Please, dear Lord. Please make this donkey stop before I go off the end of this mountain, In Jesus name, AMEN."

The donkey came to an abrupt stop just one step from the edge of the cliff.

"HALLELUJAH!", shouted the man.

..... Oops!!! that would hurt!!!! :ROFL:

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 24 Mar, 2010 05:03 PM

Jude!!! that one was "original" :ROFL:

///

And God populated the earth with broccoli and cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow vegetable of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

And Satan created McDonald's. And McDonald's brought forth the 99-cent double-cheeseburger. And Satan said to Man, "You want fries with that?"

And Man said, "Super size them." And Man gained pounds.

And God created the healthful yogurt, that woman might keep her figure that man found so fair.

And Satan brought forth chocolate. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, "Try my crispy fresh salad."

And Satan brought forth ice cream. And woman gained pounds.

And God said, "I have sent your heart healthy vegetables and olive oil with which to cook them."

And Satan brought forth chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter.

And Man gained pounds and his bad cholesterol went through the roof.

And God brought forth running shoes and Man resolved to lose those extra pounds.

And Satan brought forth cable TV with remote control so Man would not have to toil to change channels.

And Man gained pounds.

And God brought forth the potato, a vegetable naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition.

And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fat fried them. And he created sour cream dip also.

And Man clutched his remote control and ate the potato chips swaddled in cholesterol.

And Satan saw and said, "It is good."

And Man went into cardiac arrest.

And God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

And Satan created HMOs.

Agnos

View Profile
If I...
Posted : 24 Mar, 2010 04:33 PM

If I could get a wish...

.... all of you, my friends, would be completely happy!

Agnos

View Profile
In the Spirit of Saying Something Nice.....
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 04:19 PM

Brother Iggster! that is more than saying something nice...

It was like if the whole creation was crying out to our God!!

... As if your heart would bleed at the end of the prayer...

Praise the Lord!!!!

///

Agnos

View Profile
If I...
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 03:58 PM

If I could get a wish...

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 02:57 PM

When Ole quit farming, he discovered that he was the only Lutheran in his new little town of Catholics. That was okay, but the neighbors had a problem with his barbequing beef every Friday. Since they couldn't eat meat on Friday, the tempting aroma was getting the best of them. Hoping they could do something to stop this, the neighbors got together and went over to talk to Ole. "Ole," they said, "since you are the only Lutheran in this whole town and there's not a Lutheran church for many miles, we think you should join our church and become a Catholic." Ole thought about it for a minute and decided they were probably right. Ole talked to the priest, and they arranged it.

The big day came and the priest had Ole kneel. He put his hand on Ole's head and said, "Ole, you were born a Lutheran, you were raised a Lutheran, and now," he said as he sprinkled some incense over Ole's head, "now you are a Catholic!"

Ole was happy and the neighbors were happy. But the following Friday evening at suppertime, there was again the aroma of grilled beef coming from Ole's yard. The neighbors went to talk to him about this and as they approached the fence, they heard Ole saying to the steak: "You were born a beef, you were raised a beef", and as he sprinkled salt over the meat he said, "and NOW you are a FISH!"

:ROFL:

First PS:

Honestly... it is just a coincidence that the Lutheran's name is "that one" and no other one... believe me I found it that way... it wasn't me...

///

One Sunday, a cowboy went to church. When he entered, he saw that he and the preacher were the only ones present. The preacher asked the cowboy if he wanted him to go ahead and preach.

The cowboy said, "I'm not too smart, but if I went to feed my cattle and only one showed up, I'd feed him."

So the minister began his sermon.

One hour passed, then two hours, then two-and-a-half hours. The preacher finally finished and came down to ask the cowboy how he had liked the sermon.

The cowboy answered slowly, "Well, I'm not very smart, but if I went to feed my cattle and only one showed up, I sure wouldn't feed him all the hay."

///

Second PS:

Re-honestly... that word �cattle�� well... it is just another coincidence... believe me... :rolleyes:

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 20 Mar, 2010 03:37 PM

The new priest is nervous about hearing confessions, so he asks an older priest to sit in on his sessions. The new priest hears several confessions, and then the old priest asks him to step out of the confessional for a few suggestions.

The old priest suggests, "Cross your arms over your chest and rub your chin with one hand."

The new priest tries this. The old priest suggests, "Try saying things like, 'I see, yes, go on, and I understand, how did you feel about that?"

The new priest says those things, trying them out. The old priest says, "Now, don't you think that's a little better than slapping your knee and saying, 'No way! What happened next?'"

:excited: :laugh: :ROFL:

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 19 Mar, 2010 04:26 PM

Thanks Arch... I am honored, but... as they are not mine - I found them all - I share the title with all of you.... :excited:

dgrimater... if I ever have a cat I will definitely try that... :goofball:

///

This comes from a Christian elementary school. Kids were asked questions about the Old and New Testaments. They have not been retouched or corrected (i.e., incorrect spelling has been left in.)... Enjoy!

* In the first book of the bible, Guinessis, God got tired of creating the world, so he took the Sabbath off.

* Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree. Noah's wife was called Joan of Ark. Noah built an ark, which the animals come on to in pears.

* Lot's wife was a pillar of salt by day, but a ball of fire by night.

* Samson was a strongman who let himself be led astray by a Jezebel like Delilah.

* Moses led the Hebrews to the Red Sea, where they made unleavened bread which is bread without any ingredients.

* The Egyptians were all drowned in the dessert. Afterwards, Moses went up on Mount Cyanide to get the ten ammendments.

* Moses died before he ever reached Canada. Then Joshua led the Hebrews in the battle of Geritol.

* The greatest miracle in the Bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.

* David was a Hebrew king skilled at playing the liar. He fought with the Finklesteins, a race of people who lived in Biblical times.

* Solomon, one of David's sons, had 300 wives and 700 porcupines.

* Jesus enunciated the Golden Rule, which says to do one to others before they do one to you.

* The people who followed the lord were called the 12 decibels. The epistles were the wives of the apostles.

* One of the oppossums was St. Matthew who was also a taximan.

* St. Paul preached holy acrimony, which is another name for marriage.

* Christians have only one spouse. This is called monotony.

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 06:42 PM

The commandments of laziness:

1. You are born tired, so live to rest.

2. Love your bed as yourself.

3. If you see someone relaxing, help him.

4. You should rest during the day so you can sleep at night.

5. Work is sacred, do not touch it.

6. What you can do tomorrow, do not do it today.

7. Work as the less as you can, what you have to do leave it for others.

8. Be calm, no one ever died for resting.

9. When you feel the desire to work, sit and wait until it is gone.

10. If working is good for health, sick people should work, not us.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10