Author Thread
Agnos

View Profile
I quit my job and left my church. *Need some encouragement and some prayers!
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 08:26 PM

Noel, I just saw your posting, maybe you are better by now, because God is good and because you have received strong encouragement here...

One thing I would like to add... we love being in a congregation and been active in there, but sometimes, no matter the reasons are, we see ourselves in some kind of a "desert". The reason could be our fault or others' fault, to put it in a short sentence, but no matter the situation is, you have to remember that you are not alone!!! God is always with you... always, do not hide your face from Him...

Being in "the desert" sometimes is part of our live, at least for the majority of us. When the pain is hard, pray, if you don't have the answer, wait and keep praying for understanding and wisdom to move on... if you don't "feel the presence of the Lord" ... remember that you don't have to feel it.... HE IS THERE ANYWAY!!!!!... don't trust your emotions... trust Him!

He will help you in the solitude, in the despair, in your doubts... always!

I join the group to pray for you.

Agnos

View Profile
Haiti
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 08:10 PM

Yes, Amen!! Devoted.

Let's pray together no matter how far we are from each other, and helping the ones in need in Haiti as much as we can, we can find how online.

Agnos

View Profile
Every good thing comes from God... and calamities?...
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 06:43 PM

Spri, don't be sorry to repeat and repeat... we all do it with pleasure, and that way we learn better and better... every one of us say the same in a different and useful way for others, or new things in a way that turn our brains and hearts on in a higher level.

Yes!!! Arch. ... that third paragraph you wrote is "the a most concentrated" way to speak about this theme, and remind me what is happening now in Haiti after the hurricane...

When we are in peace, without major problems or not with that kind of problems people are suffering in Haiti, we speak and share knowledge theoretically... and it is good, this is our time to do it. We pray for those in need and we help as we can from here, but there is more... God help us to not only learn, but get ready to keep this knowledge when the times turn hard to bear.

Do we place ourselves "under the skin" of those in need? The ones who have not passed through calamities need to be ready, and for us who have passed through strong storms... well, we need to be ready too... to turn them into "and opportunity for good".

Agnos

View Profile
How are you viewing your brothers in Christ?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 05:55 PM

Dear songbird,

You have really spoken like a bird created by God sharing with us your wisdom and giving us comfort at the same time ... just reading what you have said in such sweet way I have cried like a girl... first because you have spoken about the must important thing, Love, God's Love... and second because it touches me the point that we need to see each other like children once for all, like those loving persons we are in our beginning... There wouldn't be any confusion inside us.

I don't say anything personal in the Forum, I will not, but there is something I need to share with you, when women/men show that kind of child which is inside them, people around have the tendency to avoid us, to underestimate us, not taking us in serious, as we are not worth of respect... without knowing what really are inside us... the living kingdom of God!!!!

But not every body is that way, there are a lot of us, right here, and all around the world, trying to do what Jesus told us to do... it is hard, we commit mistakes along the way... but, there it is LOVE!!!!! to forgive one to each other... ALWAYS... while walking to perfection... because once Loves begins nothing can stop it. There is no other choice than forgive and keep loving... like when we were children.

You will see, here, in this Forum, a lot of sisters and brothers, who you will heard speaking about the most hard things to understand on the Bible, and you will see us playing and , and sharing even poems!!! You will enjoy that, as we do, while we realize who is the one we will love in that other special way.

I thank you too, like Arch just did...

Agnos

View Profile
Humor in a Relationship...is it important or unwanted
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 06:50 PM

David,

Humor is needed to feel the happiness.

Well, it could be that our love happens to be a serious man... I don't think that we don't love him because of that... But, even when he is more serious than the average, it is very nice and we women, me... appreciate that he feels happy making me laugh once in a while...

I repeat, if he is not... well love is still on, the.... we should be wise and make him laugh...:rolleyes:

Humor in a relationship is, for me, like the color on the rainbow... needed!

... the smell in a flower, essential!

... like the salt for the meat... no flavor without it!!

[don't laugh for such example, I know a beautiful story about that last example...]

We, women, are like little bells... our love just have to tickles us a little and we will sound and he will listen the most beautiful music for his ears.

Agnos

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 14 Jan, 2010 03:43 PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...

Yes, freak, that make sense... and I agree with what you have said... very clear examples.

Thanks Glend and Mark... you can add more, feel free... :waving:

My point was... is that God is in control of every thing, not with part of the things... and the Rebel = Satan does not control anything, he is a creation.

Human beings [we] have the tendency to blame Satan for everything we don't like or don't approved, or don't seems to be good, there are plain of examples, and I am sure that they are crossing your minds right now... and as "freak" has said we are responsible for a high number of them... but, it is more convenient blaming Satan.

Thanks again. Keep going if you have more to say please.

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 07:15 PM

I have this two verses marked in my Bible since I read them for the first time, they sounded very hard for me by then... well, still sound hard... Years after that I have heard different opinions in study groups: one question I was asked to answer made me start thinking, "If this roof fall down on your head now... who was who provoked God or Satan?"

No human being or angels can do a thing without God's approval. Just reading the book of Job we can see that.

I have come to the conclusion, that yes, everything comes from Him, I mean good and calamities.

First, because it is written in Lamentations:

37 Who can speak and have it happen

if the Lord has not decreed it?

38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High

that both calamities and good things come?

And second, because we all know that He is in control of all His creation, since the micro-world to the vast spaces, As nothing is hidden from Him, and nothing can occurred without His knowledge, He is Sovereign and as hard as it could be for us to understand good and bad things come from Him too.

Opinions welcome....

Agnos

View Profile
ghost, what are they??
Posted : 13 Jan, 2010 05:22 PM

Just a comment and it would be appreciated any correction�

It is written, just to mention one, in Ecclesiastes 9.5 :

For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even the memory of them is forgotten.

I won�t add too much because I could be wrong using too much words, but for me it is clear that �ghost� if have been seen, are not dead people. What are they? I could not answer with certitude, because I believe that God is SOVERAIGN, He can/will do and permit things without human comprehension...

Something it is clear: if for some reason somebody has doubts about if what is been seeing is a ghost = dead people or not, it is written not to speak-consult with them, it is written in Leviticus 20.27:

'A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.'

I have heard �We are not under Moses� law� it is right, Yes, we are under the Grace, given by Jesus, and Grace has �substituted� to use some word, the law, yes, but because of the punishment!!! Christ came and fulfilled the law; He carried our punishment to free us from the law. And now:

Christ is the only one who fulfilled it, we cannot do it. BUT He never said �now, go ahead and kill, or still or consult dead, etc. and crucify me every time again and again�

Agnos

View Profile
over and over again
Posted : 11 Jan, 2010 05:35 PM

Please, let me say something...

It is not clear for me the origin of the anger... I don't see that our sister has been mistreated in any way, instead I read on the first page that she has said "Thanks guys..."

King, dear, it was no reason to base a discussion without sense.

Giving advice based on the word of God is not precisely or uniquely done through quotes of the Bible with "numbers" of chapters or verses... The important part of this is that WE LIVE the word of God.

I have not been here for a long yet, but in those 3 last weeks I have seen how those sisters and brother of mine have helped others in a constant and daily way,.. they have helped me to feel like in home here, safe and loved...

They are "living" in the Word of God and they speak about serious subjects, they play between each other, they pray like matures believers and laugh as the children of the Lord should do too.

Even more... Arch has said ...Sorry... and I can not understand his fault... but anyway he has behaved in an incredible humble way... in the way of Love...

More... I have seen how those women of God has "closed the lines" to save the loving environment of our Forum... which is your Forum too... stay here, please.... this is your Forum too!!!

It is good been passionate... but we have to remember that we are all BROTHERS AND SISTERS.

No more discussion, please, please... there is no reason... It is good that this things happen sometimes... THAT IS THE WAY TO LEARN... but we MUST LEARN AND GO ON IN PEACE...

King, young man, beautiful man of God... don't leave this posting without a word of harmony.... we will be more happy if you do it....Please...

Let's low the head right now, all of us and pray, and be nice again, and be humble...

and be children of the King of Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agnos

View Profile
Do you want to get married?
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 06:32 PM

Ok, Walter...

You have written in the beginning "Food for thought"...

Did you mean what I think you did mean?

I see that around 10 ladies have given to you some of their thoughts... and I don't see the "food" part coming...

Or ... I have missed my slice of pizza?

Your posting has been addressed to the ladies... so, no pizza for those guys, Ok?

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12