Author Thread
Agnos

View Profile
Let's start a Joke thread!
Posted : 15 Mar, 2010 07:48 PM

Linnie, dear sister...

If we have to turn this thread into a serious one... we certainly will do it .... we would all do it because and concerns, happiness and sadness are not so far ones from each other...

I think you do know the way this group reacts... don't you?

We take serious themes, we comment them, we learn from them and we easily we turn the rest of the thread in a party where we all enjoy been together...

We turn a simple letter "b" in a fountain of poems...

Here subject starts and then we let it go freely as a river of joy... or stories about broken hearts.... or testimonies from those who have found their match... and sometimes you can even find "friendly" fights between some of us [ well, not me, Ok? ] :goofball:

I don't know about what happened with Leon... I am sorry...

My point now is... if we have to stop to hug you to comfort you because of the pain you are passing through ... we will sure do it!!!! That is what we are all here for... to find us all in these large world where frontiers keep us apart... to be friends or whatever other thing God wants us to be... in His will...

Linnie... I passed through the grieve of my mom's dead when I was 17 years old... no more details about that story... I just want you to know that I know that pain!!

My sister... if the complete group of Christians on this Earth have to stop what they are doing to comfort only one of them.... They surely should do it because that is what we have been called for... to love one to each other.

Here is my hug... Linnie :angel:

By the chance... one of the jokes I have laughed the most with was that one of the "dwarf" which was not "happy" :ROFL: just look at me after you wrote it...

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 07:36 PM

Ooooh!! that was so cruel.... edw... but still :ROFL:

but anyway, thanks for the idea... if I would marry some day and went to a ride like that one I will take with me some additional ropes ... just in case ...

///

Most of us have now learned to live with voice mail as a necessary part of our lives. Have you ever wondered what it would be like if God decided to install voice mail? Imagine praying and hearing the following:

Thank you for calling heaven.

For English press 1

For Spanish press 2

For all other languages, press 3

Please select one of the following options:

Press 1 for request

Press 2 for thanksgiving

Press 3 for complaints

Press 4 for all others

I am sorry, all our Angels and Saints are busy helping other sinners right now. However, your prayer is important to us and we will answer it in the order it was received. Please stay on the line.

If you would like to speak to:

God, press 1

Jesus, press 2

Holy spirit, press 3

To find a loved one that has been assigned to heaven press 5, then enter his social security # followed by the pound sign.

(If you receive a negative response, please hang up and dial area code 666)

For reservations to heaven, please enter JOHN followed by the numbers, 3 16.

For answers to nagging questions about dinosaurs, life and other planets, please wait until you arrive in heaven for the specifics.

Our computers show that you have already been prayed for today, please hang up and call again tomorrow.

The office is now closed for the weekend to observe a religious holiday.

If you are calling after hours and need emergency assistance, please contact your local pastor.

Thank you and have a heavenly day.

Agnos

View Profile
A friend no matter what
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 02:43 PM

Ok Pem4 ... you have touched a theme very ... well a theme I wanted to comment for so long here.

Your story is beautiful and nice... you are a blessed woman ...

I am ready to say that I have been blessed here too...

In the very beginning I met a gentleman who called me by my name... we could interchange about some things like languages, etc, for few days. He chose a woman to start a relationship with and of course, as a real man of God, he let me know about it...

We don't chat or speak directly anymore, but I appreciate him so much for his honesty and for the few things we could share... I have prayed for him to be happy and wise... he is already a happy and wise man.

I think that having friends like that one, even when we know about them in a not direct way, and learning from them and giving them what we know and what we have received from the Lord is one of the most wonderful things we can enjoy...

It does not matter if we are not seeing as woman, but just as sisters in Christ to share a little part of God's kingdom with...

I knew another brother, he is a combination of funny, serious and nice gentleman... very talented in poetry and a lot of other beautiful things in life... He did interchange e-mails with me for quite a while, only here, never ask me for anything else out of the site, than sharing knowledge and poetry, nothing else, but that was enough to know him as the amazing man he is... we never spoke about us like possible partners, but we surely will be friends forever...

If God finally confirm that I have been found by my husband... as I think He will, I will share with him my opinion about those two magnificent men of God...

If God would decide me to be only a sister... I would be graceful forever for having met you all....

Of course, in this site, where I have been so blessed, I have known other people, my beautiful sisters, all of them from this Forum, and my brothers who teach me, share with me, laugh with me, etc...

I thank you for this thread Pem4... because I wanted to say this for so long...

Thank you to you all, all, all..... you have been my company since last December, you have made my solitude less painful...

You all have given to me a little church to share the beautiful things I used to have so deeply in my soul...

Thanks!!! Thanks!!! Thanks!!!!

:hearts:

Agnos

View Profile
The last book you read
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 02:10 PM

Arch... that was nice... the part of we all coming from Venus... the beautiful twin of our planet... but... hum!! do you really want us to go back?.... ha?... do you... ha? :goofball:

Well in another thread I said about loving the book of Ecclesiastes.... and I love the book of Revelation, the gospel of John, Romans... among others... tell me about the book of Daniel, ha?

I like some kind of science fiction, for example :

The Little Prince - Hubert the Saint Exupery... it is a fictional story about a little boy who came from an asteroid see know the Earth and he makes a beautiful and rich friendship with a pilot whose plain had crashed into the desert... That one has been one of my favorites since I was 9.

I have enjoyed some science fiction stories and real stories like "The Andromeda Nebula", The first teacher...

Ah! there is one book I have enjoyed a lot too, it is a compilation of fictional stories about real facts of human history... "Decadency and fall of almost everybody" ... literally translated.... it is written in a funny and fine style.

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 13 Mar, 2010 01:54 PM

Oh you guys!!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: I have been far for few days and I almost got a heart attack while reading all the last jokes�

You eeeeeeedw!!!!! You have never used you ipod in public again, haven�t you? :goofball: :goofball: :goofball:

GraceMae by the moment I got the point of "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant." I was already �in tears� :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

///

A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the elderly woman behind the wheel was knitting!

The trooper cranked down his window and yelled to the driver, "PULL OVER!"

"NO!" the woman yelled back, "Cardigan!"

///

There was a cat and a mouse who went to heaven, and they were there at the same time. Well, the mouse approaches God's throne, and God asks him, "So, how do you like it up here?"

The mouse says, "It's nice, but could I get a pair of roller skates?"

God says, "Sure."

So, the mouse gets his roller skates.

Well, the next day, the cat approaches God's throne, and the same question is directed at him. So, he answers, "It's great! I didn't know you had meals on wheels up here!"

///

Deep In the back woods of Tennessee, a hillbilly's wife went into labor in the middle of the night, and the doctor was called out to assist in the delivery. Since there was no electricity, the doctor handed the father-to-be a lantern and said, "Here. You hold this high so I can see what I am

doing." Soon, a baby boy was brought into the world.

Whoa there, said the doctor, "Don't be in such a rush to put that lantern down. I think there's another one coming." Sure enough, within minutes he had delivered a baby girl. "Hold that lantern up, don't set it down there's another one!" said the doctor.

Within a few minutes he had delivered a third baby.

"No, don't be in a hurry to put down that lantern, it seems there's yet another one coming!" cried the doctor.

The redneck scratched his head in bewilderment, and asked the doctor, "You reckon it might be the light that's attractin' 'em?

///

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 7 Mar, 2010 05:50 PM

Oh, oh... edw, you are walking again through quicksand... you are in so much trouble reminding to the ladies about their age... well...

Thanks for the prayer guide anyway... I will turn 50 this year...

///

Things Not To Say During Childbirth....

-- Gosh, you're lucky. I sure wish men could experience the miracle of childbirth.

-- Do you think the baby will come before Monday Night Football starts?

-- If you think this hurts, I should tell you about the time I twisted my ankle playing basketball.

-- That was the kids on the phone. Did you have anything planned for dinner?

-- When you lay on your back, you look like a python that swallowed a wild boar.

-- You don't need an epidural. Just relax and enjoy the moment.

-- This whole experience kind of reminds me of an episode from I Love Lucy.

-- Oops! Which cord was I supposed to cut?

-- Stop your swearing and just breathe.

-- Remember what we learned in Lamaze class! HEE HEE HOO HOO. You're not using the right words.

-- Your stomach still looks like there's another one in there.

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 6 Mar, 2010 11:43 AM

A couple had two little boys, ages 8 and 10, who were excessively mischievous. They were always getting into trouble and their parents knew that, if any mischief occurred in their town, their sons were probably involved.

They boys' mother heard that a clergyman in town had been successful in disciplining children, so she asked if he would speak with her boys. The clergyman agreed, but asked to see them individually. So the mother sent her 8-year-old first, in the morning, with the older boy to see the clergyman in the afternoon.

The clergyman, a huge man with a booming voice, sat the younger boy down and asked him sternly, "Where is God?".

They boy's mouth dropped open, but he made no response, sitting there with his mouth hanging open, wide-eyed. So the clergyman repeated the question in an even sterner tone, "Where is God!!?" Again the boy made no attempt to answer. So the clergyman raised his voice even more and shook his finger in the boy's face and bellowed, "WHERE IS GOD!?"

The boy screamed and bolted from the room, ran directly home and dove into his closet, slamming the door behind him. When his older brother found him in the closet, he asked, "What happened?"

The younger brother, gasping for breath, replied, "We are in BIG trouble this time, dude. God is missing - and they think WE did it!"

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 5 Mar, 2010 04:38 PM

It was the day after Christmas at a church in San Francisco. The pastor of the church was looking over the cradle when he noticed that the baby Jesus was missing from among the figures. Immediately he turned and went outside and saw a little boy with a red wagon, and in the wagon was the figure of the little infant, Jesus.

So he walked up to the boy and said, "Well, where did you get Him, my fine friend?"

The little boy replied, "I got him from the church."

"And why did you take him?"

The boy said, "Well, about a week before Christmas I prayed to the little Lord Jesus and I told him if he would bring me a red wagon for Christmas I would give him a ride around the block in it."

Isn't that really sweet? :rolleyes:

The 3 stages of man:

1 - He believes in Santa Claus.

2 - He doesn't believe in Santa Claus.

3 - He is Santa Claus.

A woman went to the Post Office to buy stamps for her Christmas Cards. "What denomination?" asked the clerk.

"Oh, good heavens! Have we come to this?" said the woman. "Well, give me 30 Catholic, 10 Baptist ones, 20 Lutheran, and 40 Presbyterian."

:waving:

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 4 Mar, 2010 07:43 PM

A couple from Minneapolis decided to go to Florida for a long weekend to thaw out during one particularly icy winter. Because both had jobs, they had difficulty coordinating their travel schedules. It was decided that the husband would fly to Florida on a Thursday, and his wife would follow him the next day. Upon arriving as planned, the husband checked into the hotel. There he decided to open his laptop and send his wife an e-mail back in Minneapolis. However, he accidentally left off one letter in her address, and sent the e-mail without realizing his error.

In Houston, a widow had just returned from her husband's funeral. He was a minister of many years who had been 'called home to glory' following a heart attack. The widow checked her e-mail, expecting messages from relatives and friends. Upon reading the first message, she fainted and fell to the floor. The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife

Subject: I've Arrived!

I've just arrived and have checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.

(P.S. Sure is hot down here!)

Agnos

View Profile
Posted : 4 Mar, 2010 04:57 AM

Ah! Arch, .. you have the ability to make us/me laugh and ... yes, sometimes cry too...

I have seen you all here for two months now and I have seen that some of you all [Ole, Walter... just mentioning the old ones... I mean, the old one in this Forum... you know ... ehem! :rolleyes: ] you all are "the leaders" of "our group"... One of you in some themes other in other matters...

You are a combination... a weird combination.... Thanks.

When I get home I rush myself in my "home duties" and run to my PC to meet with my friends here, my church in the cyberspace.... to laugh and learn with the ones who are wise, and with my wise and sweet sisters here...

... Wisdom and sweetness... Hum!! .... combination which God has "inserted" ONLY in women... ha!

Haven't you seen how the list grows and grows...

Thanks again to you all...

Agnos

PD... More coming.... let's not stop!!!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10