Author Thread
Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Best and worst
Posted : 5 Aug, 2011 07:40 AM

Any situation is fine if the opportunity araises.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Is the Bible a collection of cultural writings?
Posted : 5 Aug, 2011 07:34 AM

So then aif it was written according to the culture of the time, this begs the following question; WHAT IS SCRIPTURE.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Are Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons Christian? CDFF thinks not.
Posted : 5 Aug, 2011 07:31 AM

CDFF is correct

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Five Major European Countries are about to go Bankrupt Which May Cause the Whole World to Go Bankrupt in a Few MonthsWhich May Cause the Whole World to Go Bankrupt in a Few Months Which May Set Up the Coming of a World Savior--**666** and His False Prophet!!!
Posted : 5 Aug, 2011 06:37 AM

Let come what may.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Did God create evil?
Posted : 5 Aug, 2011 05:28 AM

To say that evil exists and that God didn't create it makes no sense to me. And to others.

However God created the conditions for evil to exist and seems that this a consequence of life. Part this reflects God's heart for us, the sense that from our perspective he would allow great evils for our existence, I believe this shows this attitude of love towards us, and also that this is not the final destination.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Are Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons Christian? CDFF thinks not.
Posted : 5 Aug, 2011 05:16 AM

My understanding is that JW's agrue that th proper interpretation of word is begotten not begetten (forgive if they are mixed around) - or rather Jesus was created not eternal. This is regardless of supposedly the scholars they qoute to support their position and say that they are indeed wrong - have not read this myself and the context (probably true at one time). In my experience they reveal in distinguishing themselves from being Christians. Because they know that they're not.

Mormons present themselves as Christians for the purpose of deception, like dingoes they raid the flock. However their views are astronomically different from the Wb's - who do not call themselves Christians - yet they also deny the eternal deity of Jesus (this I am not sure about though). I believe this is also because it politically expedient to do so.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Did God create evil?
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 03:59 AM

Do you believe that God created all things?

Do you believe that God knows all?

Do you believe that evil exists?

If you answered yes to these three questions, do you believe evil exists? If not, why not?

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Homosexuality and the Bible
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 03:52 AM

Perhaps people have not heard the battle cry, but....

"I didn't choose to be gay I was born this way."

Myself I think that on this issue there are there typical ways it can be heard.

1. Nature

2. Nurture (conditioned)

3. Choice

If one chooses to a behaviour that is deviates from the norm they be seen as deviants. People dislike this like because then they are bad people.

If one is conditioned to behave in a deviant manner then they are victim. Nobody likes to be considered a victim.

If one is made that way then they can respond - I didn't choose to be gay I was born this way!!! This allows people to have pride, and also people do not think it fair to punish people for things that they are not responsible for.

I myself am no longer certain what I believe on the issue. I am certain that it is evil (despite attempts to say Sodom and Gomorrah was about hospitality, not homosexuality, so on and so forth). Our choices, effect our character, the more we entertain them, the stronger and more pronounced they become. I think that it is a mixture of all three.

What I have noticed amongst homosexual males, a tendancy to be decadent.

So God did give them homosexual desires? Not sure how it works, but that is a larger subject and this post already to long. Please private message me as I do always regularly frequent the forums. But you are welcome to ask here, and if I see then of course I will do my best.

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 03:32 AM

(or something else of course?)

Asher_Aurelius

View Profile
Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers
Posted : 4 Aug, 2011 03:31 AM

To Somethinglikethat,

Thank you for your commitment to what you believe to be the true word of God.

The Bible teaches, "Do not correct the fool in his foolishness lest you be drawn down in his foolish ways." But it also says "Correct the fool in his foolishness lest you be drawn down in his foolish ways."

These two statements are contradictory. So does the Bible contradict itself? I personally do not believe that it does. The reason I chose these two scriptures is because they are both proverbs and they follow each other. So in this context it seems clear that amongst other things it calls us to use our brain in how we approach different situations. God has given us the ability to think symbolically and it is clear that there is a degree of interpretation according to the circumstances required here.

Myself, I am not familiar with the conversation surrounding this scripture other than the orthodox do not marry unbelievers.

But you do raise an interesting point. The passage of 2 Cor 6:14-7:1 if association is not allowed in one area why not all? The the complete teachings of the Bible make the heart of this clear. For instance, Paul himself sinned by bringing them the Gospel in the first place...

But then is it about having relationships that are spiritually unwise. If you take this angle then marrying a non-believer - although they may be a person of peace, and they agree to raise their children in the faith, does this mean we are able to marry non believers?

So is it about wisdom in relationships or a statute for behaviour and living?

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10