Author Thread
1jon310

View Profile
A little discernment here please
Posted : 14 Feb, 2018 07:41 PM

Agreed. I guess that I have just been on these sites for too long as I have read and sometimes previously the scammer issue adnausium.

Probably the most common thing to identify the scammers is how quickly they want to move off of the site. BUT there are people that want to talk and meet quickly as they feel that they are wasting time getting to know someone over the site.

Scripture tells us that we are to be as innocent as doves but as wise as serpents. Prayer and going with your instincts is the place to start.

I like to ask everyone about their testimony. It helps to get to know a person quickly but it also will expose the scammers pretty quickly as they don't know how to respond to that very well yet.

I like scammers. Whether it be playing the cat and mouse game or enjoying the opportunity to try and share the Gospel with them it is all good.

Blessings

1jon310

View Profile
A little discernment here please
Posted : 13 Feb, 2018 07:38 PM

If you don't mind I will skip to the question of qualities. The short answer is "Christlikeness."

Personally the qualities that I admire and look for in any close relationship start with Humility, a servants heart and a desire to continue to learn about Jesus and His creation. Male or female I don't think that those first qualities are a bad place to start.

Blessings :)

1jon310

View Profile
Being Pursued
Posted : 12 Feb, 2018 07:08 PM

Being pursued as THE option not just AN option. I like that. Being recognized as special and unique and treated as such. Personally I think that it would be a waste of time to be with someone under any other circumstances.

Further illumination from you though please.

What are some specific examples of how you would like to be treated as "The Option" so that us guys know what it looks like from a woman's POV to be pursued?

1jon310

View Profile
Being Pursued
Posted : 11 Feb, 2018 03:03 PM

I went to a marriage conference that last couple of days and it was taught that the husband should never stop pursuing his wife.

Ladies: What does being pursued mean to you and how would you like to be pursued?

Men: What have you done to respectfully pursue a woman or wife?

1jon310

View Profile
Affirmation
Posted : 11 Feb, 2018 02:59 PM

I went to a marriage conference the last couple of days and it was taught that the wife should always be affirming her husband.

So men: how about sharing the different ways that you think that other men or you personally would like to be affirmed.

Remember that if you can't ask for something then you should not be surprised if you don't get it.

Ladies: what have you done or not done to affirm the man in your life?

1jon310

View Profile
Winks and Favorites
Posted : 7 Feb, 2018 09:02 PM

OK, my personal point of view is that I will not answer winks as I am only interested in people who know how to communicate with words.

As far as the favorites go.... I have favorite people because I liked what was written in their profile and not because I intended to contact or initiate a relationship with them. There have been people who have likewise favorited me and either not contacted me or not replied to my messages.

There are no hard and fast rules or even guidelines as to what this all is supposed to mean. I choose to not take the silly stuff seriously, only the relationships.

If a person wants to place a certain meaning to a wink or favoriting someone then perhaps put that on your profile so that the other person can be on an equal playing field.

Have fun and Be Blessed

1jon310

View Profile
Approaching ladies in person
Posted : 5 Feb, 2018 06:35 PM

I know that I don't come to the forums often or comment often either but.... I've missed your candor, Rambo.

1jon310

View Profile
HELP ME WITH YOUR INPUT
Posted : 28 Jan, 2018 07:20 PM

Thank You Hiker

This is a good start. I wonder if there is anyone else who can add more to this. I know that there are some of you who have input to add. I wonder at the hesitancy though. I am asking for opinions, experiences and desired examples. No one needs to feel as though they have to provide a thesis or a sermon on the subject. I really want to know what you have to say. Thank You

1jon310

View Profile
When was the last time you....
Posted : 26 Jan, 2018 08:37 PM

No one has answered yet so I will. The last time that I was even on a date was 1999. About five months before I entered into a relationship with Christ.

It may help if you be more specific about what you mean by a "brief interaction." Online, just introduced in person, phone conversation, work interaction?

1jon310

View Profile
HELP ME WITH YOUR INPUT
Posted : 21 Jan, 2018 04:50 PM

I have been going over this topic for some time now and I have not found any good books, articles or even full sermons on the topic so I ask for everyone's input.

What are the traits of a Spiritual Leader in the home? What have you seen? What would you like to see? How do you see this described in scripture?

This should apply to families with a husband and wife with or without children. Also I really want the input of single parents or children of single parents.

Please answer me here or send me a private message. I really want everyone's input.

Thank You and God Bless

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10