Author Thread
1jon310

View Profile
Hi
Posted : 23 Oct, 2017 05:56 PM

It sounds like you generalize when you use the word "men". The problem with the question as to why "men" lie is that not all of them do. The men who are most often in the forums here are very unlikely to lie to you. Therefore you would need to ask the men that lie to get your answer but of course they would be untrustworthy and you would not know if they are telling the truth.

1jon310

View Profile
This weeks message (Oct. 15th, 2017)
Posted : 22 Oct, 2017 08:13 PM

Rambo has it pretty well covered. I would only add that a husband who is charged to be the leader of the home should also model "submission" to his wife by the way that he submits to God and the authority that God has placed into the husband's life. This they then model for their children and other onlookers. Leadership by example. That is what Jesus modeled for "US". "US" as in you and ME.

1jon310

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 17 Oct, 2017 04:56 PM

Ocean

There are different approaches to profiles. There are those who want to cast a wide net and be appealing to as many as possible. There are those who write a profile to winnow out the straw, There are those who write little and that has many meanings that can be interpreted. Personally I think that it just shows a lack of effort and wonder if that same lack of effort will carry into a relationship. There are those who write a profile that is so complete and specific that finding a person to be attracted to that profile will take a true miracle from God. And then there are those who write a profile to scare anyone off that might be otherwise interested. We all have to decide what we are really looking for. Blessings to all.

1jon310

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 17 Oct, 2017 04:44 PM

Thank You.

1jon310

View Profile
Feminin Discernment
Posted : 14 Oct, 2017 07:36 PM

Quiet Woman:

What you write reminds me about how those of us in the church hear about bearing fruit, but I think that it can be observed that the fruit has gone rotten while still hanging on the tree because the fruit has not been picked and handed out to others.

But I digress.

I think that what you said is valid. I wonder if there are other women who have found ways to sort out the fakes and are willing to share their wisdom.

Also you brought up the topic of a single women having a covering. And that leads me to more questions. Perhaps I will start another thread on that one.

1jon310

View Profile
Does actively looking for that one, real, relationship - prompt you to also evaluate the person that you are? Do we better understand what we are looking for in others, when we are more honestly willing to deeply consider the person that we are?
Posted : 14 Oct, 2017 07:26 PM

Good question. I suppose that several years ago, looking for a relationship on the internet, the rejections would have caused me to look at myself. Now I am content with who I am. It is the relationships that I already have, where I know people face to face that reflect back to me who I am and I can then see the blemishes that reveal that I am still on my journey in growing in Christ likeness.

Not to be argumentative or snarky but the one, real relationship that I am looking for more of Jesus.

1jon310

View Profile
Feminin Discernment
Posted : 13 Oct, 2017 06:33 PM

Ladies: It has been discussed on the "Ask a Man" side about the difference between how men and women write their profiles. Men seem write profiles that speak of more religiosity then the women do. BUT there are those who feel that a percentage of those profiles are displaying a false front of religiosity.

Ladies: How do you tell the difference when first reading a man's profile as to if he is authentic in his profession of faith?

Or do you even care if he is authentic?

1jon310

View Profile
Your Profile Effort
Posted : 13 Oct, 2017 06:26 PM

You are correct, there is a big difference between someone who throws a few Bible verses or religious words around and a person who has the actual foundation of Christ in place. I wonder why so few of us seem to be incapable of telling the difference between the wheat and the tares when we read the profile of another person.

What is your opinion?

1jon310

View Profile
Hey Guys! I really would like some feedback from you on this...
Posted : 13 Oct, 2017 06:21 PM

Question" Why would someone come to this site to prey on another person?

Answer" They have a demonic compulsion to take advantage of or spoil the virtue of someone who professes to be the Child of the One True Living God.

Next Question Please :)

1jon310

View Profile
Do you actually 'look forward to' a first date with someone?
Posted : 5 Oct, 2017 06:49 PM

If I did not look forward to meeting with someone then why would I take the time to meet them?

If the anxiety level is elevating prior to meeting someone then it is my alarm that I am expecting too much of that person or even of myself. Time to pray and put it into God's hands.

Really it should be fun. If nothing else I think that it is fun to see what the person looks like in person. I have yet to meet with anyone that looks like their profile picture.

I use it as an opportunity for both of us to try new places to eat and new places to explore. That way we are both on equal ground and can talk about what is now new in "our" lives equally. What is not fun about that?

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12