Author Thread
1jon310

View Profile
Is it all about the sex?
Posted : 18 May, 2017 05:37 PM

It takes maturity with a true and real Love for the other person, God and yourself to say no. I worked out a list of written boundaries after having learned the proper lessons of purity. Now I hand the written boundaries to the other person and we discuss them. If the other person will not discuss the boundaries or says that they are not important, then it is time to move on. Sister this is not just a problem with guys. There is a part of me that wishes that I was no longer able so that I could truthfully tell that, so as to sort out the sex addicts from the beginning. As I have shared before in the forums... sex and intimacy are not necessarily the same thing. May God protect you and save us all from ourselves.

1jon310

View Profile
This is easy I suppose. Answer me.
Posted : 14 Apr, 2017 08:31 PM

O.K. Yes I have been in that situation. No, I did not write or mean to imply that your question was wrong only that I was looking for specifics. I will refrain from replies in the future.

1jon310

View Profile
This is easy I suppose. Answer me.
Posted : 14 Apr, 2017 06:51 PM

Your question is too general to give a good answer. Most people will be demanding at one time or another in their lives due to their life circumstances. These demands need to be discussed and ministered to with gentleness. If a person is demanding all the time then again discussion is the place to start and boundaries need to be agreed to. If boundaries cannot be agreed to then it is time to leave out of respect and love for both people involved. This done to honor God.

Again a more specific circumstance would be helpful.

Have a Blessed Easter r

1jon310

View Profile
Are decent normal women still active on this site?
Posted : 8 Apr, 2017 10:29 PM

I have met a few women in person that are from this site. In my opinion they were each decent. As for being normal... wow that is altogether different. I have read some of your posts previously and I do not think that many of the people who are on Christian sites want "normal," Godly perhaps but not normal. I suspect that at least a third of the profiles on this site are inactive. A few years ago there was a lot of involvement on the forums and the people who were real active then have left. Some have commented about how hard it is to delete their profile. I know one woman who has tried to delete her profile many times over a many year period and has not been able to do so. Yes I know her off the site so I can vouch for her intent to not have her profile still on here. Anyway... may You be blessed with hope and guidance from On High. r

1jon310

View Profile
Intimacy
Posted : 13 Mar, 2017 07:33 PM

Yes I believe in intimacy before marriage. The problem is that our culture confuses intimacy with sex. Many people will even live their entire married lives without having both. I have been involved with a para church organization in the past that dealt primarily with sexual issues and I have talked with sex addicts of both genders and read the supportive literature to help them and be informed. There are people who have had sex with over a 1000 people and they can attest that intimacy was never involved.

I would not wed a person whom I did not know on a intimate emotional, intellectual and spiritual level first. Very few marriages that I have witnessed truly have known what intimacy is even. That I believe is why so many couples end up in the same room with miles between them. Few people are willing to be vulnerable enough on a consistent basis to be truly intimate.

r

1jon310

View Profile
Closing
Posted : 18 Jan, 2014 04:52 PM

Guys, Thank You for your input and consideration over the last year. I am closing my account due to a stalking issue.

The word tells us to only speak what is edifying and what will build up one another. Some here are jerks. There is a reason why you are without wives and it is not the fault of women in general. The word is not to be used to beat people up with. Be nice would ya.

For those of you that the preceding does not apply to. Again I thank you. Your encouragement and insight are appreciated. Truly.

May you be strengthened in Jesus and find comfort and healing in the shadow of the cross of Jesus

r

1jon310

View Profile
Closing
Posted : 18 Jan, 2014 04:41 PM

Ladies, Thank You all for your input and consideration in this forum. I am closing my account now as someone has inappropriately dug into areas of my life and the lives of my children and do not feel it safe anymore.

I thank God for the opportunities to converse and pray with so many of you.

May the Lord God of all creation and the author of our salvation made manifest to us in the life and body of Jesus Christ bring into your lives a greater portion of His healing, mercy and Love

r

1jon310

View Profile
Your thought on this please..?
Posted : 15 Jan, 2014 07:51 PM

Sis

I think that many of us have come across this situation of being in a relationship with an unsaved. This is one of the reasons why I like your second question. Being upfront with our intentions in any relationship is the mature thing to do. It opens us up to possible rejection if the other person has different motives but it is honest because we are less likely to manipulate the relationship for our own objectives.

We are told not to be unequally yolked in scripture. God gives us His instructions for our benefit not to keep us from enjoying our lives. I have watched couples and marriages where one person is unsaved and the other person is not saved. It very rarely is healthy or ends well. We should not be surprised at this for what has light to do with darkness.

There are reasons for becoming romantically involved with an unsaved person but I have yet to hear of a good one. r

1jon310

View Profile
Would you women have done the same thing or left it alone?
Posted : 8 Jan, 2014 08:21 PM

My small group and I were playing a board game when one of the women landed on a space where it said that if she was feeling "playful" then she should skip to the "play ground". She turned red and did not want to move her piece to the spot on the board called the "playground." It turned out the "feeling playful" was her and her ex husbands code phrase for feeling amorous toward each other. The reason I relate this story is that certain people have these code words and others like to take innocent words and turn them into something tawdry. My two cents.. cuddling has nothing to do with intercourse. Or as "M' said cuddling is just cuddling. r

1jon310

View Profile
It's a new year...........
Posted : 7 Jan, 2014 05:11 PM

Joy

My two cents.... This fellow needs to focus on getting to know Jesus before he tries to know any one else. The one who looks upon a woman with lust is guilty of adultery. r

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15