Author Thread
1jon310

View Profile
Holdng Hands
Posted : 18 Aug, 2017 08:08 PM

Thank You for your input. I have read and feel that I understand the Love Languages book as well as some of the others in the series. The language of touch is one thing but after having observed others and talked with other men it just seems that women have a different understanding of holding hands. Even some women who do not have touch as a primary or secondary love language will show and affinity for holding hands when they do not really care for any other type of touch. But they can not explain to me why that is. So I am asking the women of this site. Could you explain with more depth please?

1jon310

View Profile
Holdng Hands
Posted : 13 Aug, 2017 05:19 PM

Ok, Sisters in Christ. Many of your profiles speak to the desire to hold hands with your spouse or romantic interest. Please explain what the significance is of holding hands from YOUR (that means a woman's) point of view. How does holding hands affect your emotions, your state of love or feelings of well being?

Thank You r

1jon310

View Profile
MR. RIGHT
Posted : 13 Aug, 2017 03:00 PM

Come on. Every one is so serious here. People used to have some fun on here. Ignore the grumpy people and have some fun and enjoy the life that you have right now instead of waiting for a life that is not yours yet. Stay grumpy and it may never be yours.

Have a Blessed Sunday and may Jesus be your true spouse always.

r

1jon310

View Profile
MR. RIGHT
Posted : 12 Aug, 2017 07:15 PM

Guys: I don't know about you but with so many wonderful women looking for Mr. Right I am really glad that my name is not Mr. Right because with my luck I would be attracted to and marry a woman whose first name is "Always."

What do you say about that my brothers?

1jon310

View Profile
Why do so many men feel threatened by girls with opinions?
Posted : 26 Jul, 2017 08:34 PM

If you are speaking about people on the site I would say that from my experience most people come onto a Christian dating site not because they are seeking someone who has strong convictions and a stable walk with Jesus but because they want a "nice" guy (or girl).

There are those who come to Christian circles because they believe that Christians are more gullable and are easier to take advantage of.

In the world of face to face there are few people inside or outside the church who really understand their own world view and how they came to claim that world view. If you are strong and have the foundations for your own view understood by yourself, then it will convict others of their own house of cards.

By all means, own your views, there will be many who are offended by them and will attack you for your views. Maybe they just need time to mature their own views.

As long as you agree with God and His word you cannot go wrong.

1jon310

View Profile
Hypocrite Christians
Posted : 19 Jun, 2017 05:15 PM

I would like a more specific example of what you are questioning. Here is what I have found about hypocrisy: we are all hypocrites as some point in our lives. We are taught to take the log out of our own eye before we try to take the beam out of another's eye. The problem is that "log" blinds us to the area that we ourselves are missing the mark and we need the Holy Spirit and quite often the Holy Spirit working through another person to point out our own "log" and help us remove it. If we are faithfully preaching the complete word of God then we do not match up in some area and we need to humbly admit that but others will still see that as hypocrisy in our lives. Personally I always consider the corrective word of another person whether they be in the faith or not. We all need the mirror of others to reflect back to us who we are and where we stand.

Yes the word ecclesia is usually translated as church. There are many words that do not translate well from the original Hebrew of Greek and there are some words that do not have a translation at all. I was told many years ago that unless a person has their doctorate in Hebrew or Greek then they should not get caught up in the arguments that only divide but instead to research several quality translations and to supliment that with original word study as well. ESV is currently recognized by the majority of respected scholars as the most current translation of word for word translation. There are many other good translations to consider. Personally I have a library of about twenty three translations as well as original Hebrew and both minority and majority text of NT Greek. WE each NEED the Holy Spirit to lead us into ALL TRUTH and we all when we have learned some should be humbled at how little we really know and comprehend. WE all see as through a window dimly.

May the Lord Jesus grant you healing and His wisdom

r

1jon310

View Profile
Is it normal to doubt?
Posted : 11 Jun, 2017 02:13 PM

Sister: Jesus did not rebuke Thomas for his doubt. We, the people of the church are much harder on Thomas than Jesus was. Doubt can be the enemy of God and our souls whispering into our minds and hearts. Doubt can be a curse that tears us away from a vibrant relationship with the Lover of our souls. OR Doubt can be a blessing that springboards us into a deeper relationship with Jesus. The choice is ours as to whether we choose doubt to be a blessing or a curse. Truth is never afraid of doubt. Truth, The Truth, He will enter into your doubt if you ask Him to. He will bring Light that chases away the emptiness and lies. Doubt is overcome by faith and when enough facts are assembled together, faith becomes a belief that cannot be shaken. May God, Your Creator meet You in Your place of doubt and grant you a fuller picture of His Kingdom and the fullness of the mind of Christ Jesus..... r

1jon310

View Profile
How much $$$ do you need to get married?
Posted : 24 May, 2017 06:22 PM

Rambo, I'm not far from your idea. I have thought that I would like to get married during a regular service and therefore used as the visual aid for a sermon on the marriage covenant between Christ and His bride. Somehow I would like to work being rebaptised for her and I both into that service but I have not worked it out. The baptism is to signify that the past is covered and new life together is begun. A "memorial stone" as it were to signify that the baggage is left behind.

1jon310

View Profile
How much $$$ do you need to get married?
Posted : 21 May, 2017 08:19 PM

Brother there are too many variables to list. The cost of a wedding can start at a few hundred dollars to several hundred thousands of dollars. I did read a study a few months ago that stated that the people who spend the most on weddings are also the least likely to stay together. There is a tie I believe between a person wanting a fairy tale ceremony leading to a fairy tale marriage. Fairly tale marriages only happen in fairy tales. I went to a marriage conference a couple of moths ago that told it bluntly that marriage is not about your happiness but about your growing in Christ likeness and presenting His image of His marriage to His bride (the church) to the world.

Bottom line.. your marriage will cost you and your bride everything you both have. You display wisdom in your posts and I think that you know that already. The financial cost is insignificant in the end. Not being patronizing or over spiritualizing mind you. Just trying to keep it in perspective. (maybe for my own sake)

1jon310

View Profile
Is it all about the sex?
Posted : 20 May, 2017 10:09 PM

I agree with Rambo on being able to differentiate between addiction and seeking connection. The problem arises when the majority of people cannot differentiate between the need for physical touch for the purpose of nurturing or healing and that intercourse is not the same thing. No matter how our current world tries to down play consequences for our poor choices and sin, there are always consequences that must be paid eventually be they physically, emotionally or spiritually. Actually, very often the consequences we pay encompass all of those areas.

Bottom line... having sex outside of marriage has nothing to do with a sacrificial Love for the other person and it dishonors them, ourselves and worst of all it dishonors God. Jesus told us that if we Loved Him we would keep His commands. = one man and one woman only having sex within their own marriage.

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14