Author Thread: i support barack obama
Admin

i support barack obama
Posted : 13 May, 2012 05:38 PM

And any decent human being would do the same. I am fed up with people who claim the name of Jesus but have no trouble at all supporting conservative candidates. It makes Christ look bad and it must stop

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 14 May, 2012 04:07 PM

Hmmmm. . . I was going to agree with the OP but he/she has been banned from CDFF.

I wonder if that means that liberal Christians really aren't welcomed here?

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 14 May, 2012 04:38 PM

Hummmm....Interesting...Banned...I didn't know GOD~Jesus~HolySpirit were conservative or liberal...I believe we are all equal at the foot of the cross...just gota pick it up and carry it to know whos side you are on...xo

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 15 May, 2012 04:01 AM

Yes, in Jesus' eyes we are all daughters and sons of His. But, does CDFF make that kind of judgment also?

Hmmmm . . . I guess I better keep my head down and lay low on here, lest I get banished also?

teach_ib

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 15 May, 2012 08:13 PM

We are only His sons and daughters if we have accepted His free gift of salvation, adopted into His family.

Christ loves sinners but despises the sin. He gave His life to pay our death penalty...for the wages of sin is death Romans 6:23. "but God commendeth His love towards us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

Read Romans Chapter 1 for the Biblical view on the latest news...

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 15 May, 2012 08:35 PM

Romans chapter one is about Jews and Gentiles and the long reaching effects of sin. Not Barack Obama.

I also support him and don't envy his position at all. I realize he chose it, and I commend and respect him for it. His is certainly not a job I could do, or would want to do even if I had the ability.

teach_ib

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 15 May, 2012 09:04 PM

We are all either Jew or Gentile. Romans Chapter 1:addresses the type of lifestyle he just endorsed by President Obama as well as those who worship the creation more than the Creator.

Romans 1:16 "for I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth..."

1:26-27

For this cause God gave them up to vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working the unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

The rest of the chapter addresses more...

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 17 May, 2012 03:47 AM

I would not want his position either. I agree with supporting Obama, but I think that needs to be defined. That doesn't mean we should agree with or support every immoral decision that he makes. We should support him in prayer that he would govern how Christ would have him to. Supporting gay marriage does not fall under that so I do not "support" Obama on gay marriage.

caes4

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 19 May, 2012 02:15 AM

what the heck is a liberal christian?

you mean a christian who believes in homosexuality, abortion, euthanasia, etc?

I don't think thats a christian at all

caes4

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 19 May, 2012 02:15 AM

what the heck is a liberal christian?

you mean a christian who believes in homosexuality, abortion, euthanasia, etc?

I don't think thats a christian at all

NRSV1953

View Profile
History
i support barack obama
Posted : 19 May, 2012 05:57 AM

Fortunately, our salvation rests in Jesus Christ alone, and not in what anyone else thinks!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10