Author Thread: I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Admin

I need your feedback. Is mt picture inapropriate for this site?
Posted : 5 Mar, 2009 06:06 AM

I had just bought a new camera phone and wanted to try it out.....so I snapped a pic off my guest bathroon mirror.

I wasn't even thinking about what I was wearing. I havn't gotten one negative comment from younger men....but, a couple older men have written to me saying that I am showing to much cleavage.

I live in Florida and i guess we wear less clothing here most of the year. The top I had on is'nt one that I would wear to church......but, I wouldn't wear a bathing suit either.....that's for the beach or at home.

So i need some feedback.....do you think that it is wrong for me to wear a top like this at anytime....or just because it is my profile pic? Resectfully, Colleen

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Apr, 2010 12:47 PM

I was asking because I had gotten an e-mail from a man who was chastizing me about what I was wearing. Had I thought what I was wearing inapproriate...I wouldn't have taken the picture or posted it in the first place.

I only wanted others opinions. However....I don't live by others opinions....I live by my own conviction......and I try to allow the Holy Spirit to guide that conviction.

Notpit10

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Apr, 2010 08:19 PM

I feel this photo is inappropriate, as many others have shared with you. When our identity is in Christ, we desisre to be "a fragrence of beauty" because He is in us. Men and women on this site should understandi that physically revealing photos are not appropriate for this site if you truly desire God's will for your future. Only God knows the heart of man. May you seek His will and know that He wants the best for us. May He be your First Love.

Alice2U

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 10:14 AM

After reading all this feedback, I went and deleted some pics from my profile!!

I am from Florida too, and honestly, I did not find ANYTHING wrong with your picture AT ALL! However, with (or without) all this feedback if YOU are feeing convicted BY GOD, then perhaps the Lord is trying to speak to you on this issue and we should always listen TO THE LORD! If you are not hearing an echo from this feedback from the Lord to your heart, then I would not worry about it.

I deleted the pics from my profile because even though I did not think there was anything wrong with them, I do not want to cause my brother to stumble or give out the wrong message. It is hard enough to stay pure as a single (again) Christian and I never really thought about things the way these well meaning folks here shared their hearts.

I do want men to know, however, that if they will seek HIM first that GOD will supply ALL their needs according to HIS wisdom, and love, and grace. And in this HE will bring them into this amazing, intimate relationship with HIMSELF and they will be blown away at how good and fulfilling HE is!

Now.... I pray I worded that just right - ths is such a touchy subject so (through JESUS) I rebuke the evil one to come and twist my words!

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU .... and may the Lord shine His face upon you and bring you peace and love and a deep joy as you rest in the knowlege of HIS wisdom to know (exactly) who you are and what you (truly) need to be drawn to His Spirit and your ultimate good.

Dahlee

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 May, 2010 08:07 PM

Hi Colleen

Nothing wrong with what you are wearing. If there is something wrong with it for sure the CDFF staff wont post

if. If it is acceptable to the CDFF staff then nothing wrong with it. For me, I dont see anything wrong with it.

Be at peace . God bless you .

christlover40

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jun, 2010 09:50 PM

Wow,,,,hope you haven't left yet so maybe you can read my post before you exit.

You had asked a question of the body of Christ (perhaps trying to justify your actions, getting attention, causing division-strife? only you and GOD know if you take the time to examine your heart before and with HIM) and almost 100% of the answers were expressed in CHRIST like love and w/ scriptures to back them up in their attempt to answer your forum question. So why would you then be defensive and accuse judgementalism when you asked the question and the WORD says let us come together and reason -----

I struggle all the time w/ woman who profess to be christians and wear provocative clothing at any time. I live in extremely hot conditions and work outside ---yet I still have no cleavage on my sleeveless shirts and when going to the lake I wear the same w/ boys swimming trunks (okay maybe I'm a little over the top---but haven't wore a swimsuit in over 20 yrs.---even before I accepted the LORD , didn't feel woman should reveal)----yet how can I compare other woman to myself? I can't and the LORD has placed my girlfriend in my life who still has not been convicted of this and I pray for her always regarding this..... her walk is evident and fruits maturing yet still hasn't changed that aspect in her life yet,,,,however when we have spoke about it she wasn't defensive. We are all the body of CHRIST and we need to make each aware of the accountability issues since the whole world is watching----and doesn't this seem to be just something so easy to change in your life??????? Really the whole florida reasoning when presented to someone in the hottest part of arizona just doesn't hold water :+)

charm is deceitful and beauty vanishes-----then what, hunny???

a teachable and contrite heart for the LORD perhaps.

christlover40

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jun, 2010 09:03 PM

Woah----I need to apologize to you sincerely since I had thot I had read all the posts (one page is what I read) yet in my computer stupidity I didn't realize that there were over 17 pages of posts-----so w/ this apology know that the LORD has convicted me and has wanted me to write a little more on here for you and all-----and will real soon

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 11:34 PM

your top is just fine.!

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Dec, 2010 06:54 PM

Funny that when someone asks for others opinions they need to attack them for being honest. If you are showing cleavage in your profile photo then you are sexually a tease and the person you end up with will never respect you. You also cause others to stumble and deserve a millstone around your neck rather to make another stumble.

The answers are in the Bible and the brothers and sisters who said her photo was inappropriate, I commend. I notice she was removed from this site so I guess she had some other problems as well so she deserves our prayers.

There, I said it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 May, 2011 08:44 AM

I stumbled onto your post and I have to say, just change the picture. That's easy enough as you have a new camera... To be calling attention to yourself so you can criticize those who respond is beyond me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2011 12:09 AM

Colleen, wear what is comfortable,if a man's mind is in the gutter then that is between him and the Lord. God gave us women, and he also expects us to keep a rightous mind. I personaly feel that if a woman's atire is a personal taste. If it is recieved as a provocative signal then the man has a responsibility to deal with it in however the holy spirit reveals to him. Modesty is between you and the Lord,not to be judged my your fellow men or women.The Lord will reveal to you in your heart what is right or wrong. God Bless and not let the Pharsee type people in this world upset you.

:angel::nahnah::prayingm:

Larry

Page : 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18