Author Thread
flyby

View Profile
Believe on Him
Posted : 15 Feb, 2011 10:57 AM

Ahhh, you truly are born again; the marriage supper. any more single verses?

flyby

View Profile
Believe on Him
Posted : 15 Feb, 2011 08:46 AM

Believe and be Saved

(Luk 8:12) Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

(Joh 3:15) That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

(Joh 3:16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

(Joh 3:36) He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

(Joh 6:47) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

(Joh 11:25) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

(Joh 11:26) And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

(Rom 1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

(Act 16:31) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Conditions

Become little Children

(Mat 18:3) And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Hear the word.

(Joh 5:24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Baptized (with the Holy Ghost Mat 3:11)

(Mar 16:16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Seeth the Son

(Joh 6:40) And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Grace

(Act 15:11) But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Confess (confess audibly Jesus Christ not confession of sins)

(Rom 10:9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Im sure there is more but in these 15 examples of how to be saved, I see no gesticulation of election.

flyby

View Profile
Commom Sense
Posted : 14 Feb, 2011 10:30 PM

Enoch, Job, Elijah and Im sure more responded to Gods salvation and were not sinners, but yes they did know that God loved them.

Them dogs being wet, would not be a possible indicator that they were baptized unto salvation, but it would be a good show of faith!

(Mat 3:11) I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

flyby

View Profile
Should women be ordained pastors?
Posted : 14 Feb, 2011 10:01 PM

I say this with love sisters, you all know what the scriptures say, I think that�s the will of God on earth, but no worries when we get to heaved it all changes. I love a woman that spreads the Gospel but when it comes to the head, it�s a mans burden.

Beware of new Bibles that promote women in priesthood, they will all take you to Mary worship.

flyby

View Profile
Romans 9:10-25 What Sayest Thou?
Posted : 14 Feb, 2011 09:35 PM

James, would it be so that, if you were talking to anyone that believes in John 3:16 and called on Him(the saved), probably every single person on this board, by your definition would they be the elect?

If so then would it not be a mute point to argue or debate the elect theory here?

And would not the point of election be a poor use of scripture to spread the Gospel to the unsaved elect anywhere?

And would not it be danger to talk election with the non elect, being they may kick the crud out of you?

I love brother, thanks for playing the Judas, quite frankly I love your determination and gotta say you got me grabbing for my Bible, in fact it wouldn�t be near as fun around here without ya for me.

flyby

View Profile
Do you believe ?
Posted : 14 Feb, 2011 08:31 PM

The full encompassing scope of John 3:16 is so infinitely vast that us mire humans, we cant yet contemplate the pure perfectness and benefits of this so wonderfully gracious verse.

Thanks Jude I love the one liners!

flyby

View Profile
1 verse says a lot!
Posted : 14 Feb, 2011 04:33 PM

(Mat 7:25) And the rain(Holy Ghost 1Jn5:8) descended, and the floods(Baptism 1Pe3:20,21) came, and the winds(bad doctrine Eph4:14) blew, and beat upon that house(the saved Gen7:1); and it fell not: for it was founded(trust Isa14:32) upon a rock(the LORD Psa18:2).

The Holy Ghost descended, Baptism came and bad doctrine blew and beat the saved and they fell not for they trust upon the LORD.

I don�t think we will ever comprehend the complexity of what Jesus Christ said.

flyby

View Profile
PARTY TIME ! !
Posted : 14 Feb, 2011 09:50 AM

Happy birthday brother.

(Mat 7:24) Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

(Mat 7:25) And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

flyby

View Profile
Regeneration Precedes Faith..........!!?
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 09:18 PM

James lordship salvation is one thing but you know your friends you listed are ecumenical too right?

Do you know the ties between ecumenical and Catholicism the mother church? I seen what you wrote and can hardly believe you would fall inline with them guys.

Is it ok to post websits? I would like you to look at some things.

flyby

View Profile
Free will synergism Vs. Free Grace monergism
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 06:41 PM

I get ya John, righton.

James, is it why the puritans burned the witches, because they were not the elect? James sorry man I just have a hard time with you trusting people after people after people, ya know all have sinned and come short.

Chevy, if ya want to see a good video see Battle of the Bibles, its made by the 7th day people so remember this, the Ten Commandments tell us to remember and keep Holy the Sabbath, and not to worship it.

Page : 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20