Author Thread
flyby

View Profile
Free will synergism Vs. Free Grace monergism
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 07:24 AM

PJ check the second to the last sentence of your post here, I believe you may have mistyped.

flyby

View Profile
Titus chapter 2:11
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 09:52 PM

The easy answer is, there is no work to Gods grace.

flyby

View Profile
Free will synergism Vs. Free Grace monergism
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 09:35 PM

No worries twosparrows another 100 years and he would be following your words to.

(Rom 3:23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

flyby

View Profile
Trying to Understand the Calvinist Way of Thinking [James]
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 09:21 PM

He has said before the ESV and NAS and �You should not use an old KJV bible for serious study�. I like James and his convictions but I don�t put much weigh in his biblical judgment for the simple fact of non cross-reference to the KJV.

Conversions?

Posted : 29 Jan, 2011 11:00 AM

Flyby said:

Why is it that most all converts cling and defend modern Bibles (albeit do use the King James too), when you had the wisdom and knowledge to know to come out of a religion probably because you study and did research and if so must have researched the histories of Bibles, manuscripts, translations and translators?

James replies:

I think you mean versions of the Bible, or Translations for the title of this thread.

The reason? Because the art and science of Translation has improved.

You should not use an old KJV bible for serious study, because you don't speak that language.

The best translation for a Modern English speaker?

ESV or English Standard Version. The ESV and the NAS have the tightest word for word translation.

I think it is ironic that some protestants demand KJV only, and it was a translation paid for by a CATHOLIC king, in response to the protestants Geneva Bible!

Which Bible did the founding fathers use?

The Geneva Bible!

Which one did Shakespeare use?

The Geneva Bible!

And now Modern American Christians hardly have even hear of it!

Here is a link:

http://www.genevabible.com/editions.php

So, to recap, why do Christians use newer translations of the Bible?

Because language changes over time, and the art and science of translation has improved. the KJV has been changed so many times it is silly. There is even a KJV dictionary, because modern English speakers don't know the definition of a lot of words in the KJV.

Which translation do I recommend?

The ESV is in my opinion the best for modern English speakers.

In Christ,

James

flyby

View Profile
ditched
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 07:44 PM

Seems good Samaritans are far and few in-between anymore, I suggest you keep with the Golden Rule and give observance to the next time you slip.

flyby

View Profile
PRAISE GOD FOR THE FREEDOM OF EGYPT!!!
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 01:26 PM

a little Bible to go with that.

(1Th 5:3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

flyby

View Profile
Posted : 12 Feb, 2011 01:12 PM

Ok sorry for the post, Im glad I didn�t finish the thought, I would have really have gotten admonished.

What I had refereed to is true and it chimed to me because of a recent story I had heard of just such an incident. Its one of the reasons why Christians don�t want that kinda law coming to the US of which is being propagated even now. Here we go to jail for that type of incidence, there they are in their legal right (as I said free to do so) and I barley touched on the tip of that iceberg.

What I unsuccessfully was trying to get across is not to get ones hopes up to high (roller coaster effect) to fast, we know what happened to Iran when the people ousted the US puppet there.

I would hope no one would think I haven�t prayed for the Egyptians and the Christians in that country.

flyby

View Profile
Posted : 11 Feb, 2011 01:14 PM

All PRAISE BE TO GOD YES! But about the only freedom they have now is to beat their wives. If it is the start of Isaiah 19 then I say Woe to them for the cruel king is coming. They won�t be free til the Lord sends His savior and they call on the name Jesus Christ.

Any ideas on this cruel king, real person, the brotherhood or maybe marxism or even democracy?

The ghost horse was pretty wild, how about the UFO over the dome of the rock?

flyby

View Profile
Does the Church have to interpret the Bible?
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 08:54 PM

I appreciate the pastor where I visit (FIB), he does no interpretation during Sunday service just strait preaching out of the Bible just as its written and begs for correction if found.

Bible study is the place for interpretation and hypothesist.

flyby

View Profile
Sinless perfection
Posted : 10 Feb, 2011 05:49 PM

This person may have been figuratively implying that they are �dead to sin� as in Romans 6:11, and not literally clamming they �don�t sin�.

Im glad the Lord shut my mouth, I was ready to pounce.

(Jas 1:19) Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

(Heb 13:2) Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Page : 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20