Author Thread
flyby

View Profile
HAGGAI...huh?
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 05:25 PM

hehehehe that�s great, sounds like Pastor Rob has quite the dilemma, also sounds like he knows where to get the answers from.

Great post! :~)

flyby

View Profile
Houston we have a failure to communicate:
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 05:08 PM

PJ, I understand the concept (saved so elect) and I like it and would like to nail it down with solid verse that�s milk for understanding.

Margo I think you could also use this for �it�s the same thing� (Rom 3:23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

where in that verse there is no difference between the elect and the non elect.

Thanks both ya

flyby

View Profile
Noah Baptized?
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 04:30 PM

Do I got this right?

(Heb 11:7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Noah and house through faith was saved to righteousness.

righteousness=Jesus Christ (Jer 23:6) .....and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

And was baptized with water

Water baptism=Flood 1Pe 3:20 ... wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us ......

If so there must be more reference to people in the Old Testament being saved by faith in Jesus Christ and water baptized right up to baptism by the Holy Ghost.(Mar 1:8) I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

It seems Jesus Christ was just as prevalent in the Old Testament as he is in the New Testament.

flyby

View Profile
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 01:56 PM

PJ, I love the parable but what I was asking for Biblical reference to was this.

You said �But one must believe upon him to accept his election.�

Im pretty sure Im with ya here but in order to use this (elect so saved or saved so elect) one would need Biblical reference to it, Im not so sure that the sower parable explains it to well to use it for that.

And Margo, can you give reference to consider (elect so saved and saved so elect) is the same thing?

flyby

View Profile
Justification
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 01:35 PM

Thunder is this what you are saying?

(1Pe 2:24) Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

We are dead to sin and shouldn�t sin, but do, but because we are dead to sin we shouldn�t sweat the sin so much because if we do then we are just living in guilt and not glorifying God, and so trying not to sin to hard that it becomes a work?

flyby

View Profile
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 12:19 PM

Can we get some Bible with that in short contextual statements?

flyby

View Profile
Forums and Debates
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 11:57 AM

A little Bible with that.

(1Th 1:3) Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

flyby

View Profile
Free will synergism Vs. Free Grace monergism
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 09:33 AM

Wow I think I gave a double negative response you PJ and am in need of correction myself.

flyby

View Profile
Free will synergism Vs. Free Grace monergism
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 08:55 AM

I could be wrong but I believe this is a double negative and implies that if you don�t love the world then the love of God in not in you.

�and if any man loveth not the world the love of God is not in him�

I assume you were trying to say?

�and if any man loveth not the (WORD) the love of God is not in him�

(1Jn 2:15) Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

flyby

View Profile
Calvin and Hobbs
Posted : 13 Feb, 2011 07:54 AM

Very amusing Two, Both offered their horses free will to leave the pasture, Im thinking Hobbs gate was open for the horses to walk out and Calvins gate was closed and the horses needed to jump the gate to get out?

But I think its more like them darn horses ate all the apples off the trees and were all thrown out. hehe

Great post Two!

Page : 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20